Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet's contract situation **DieGONE - Signs for West Ham)**

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

Dazzler21 said:

The sour grapes on here is so funny

everyone has said he will be lucky if he gets on the bench and wont play a game, he starts at Old Trafford and all people say is he played poor, lets just be honest he left us and instead of playing at home to Boro yesterday he was starting at Old Trafford which if he had stayed with us he could of waited years to do, so he has advanced his career by moving

I didn't think he was poor just a bit anon. He won't cut it in the Pem if plays like that every week, he won't play like that every week.

I was disappointed as I did like him, just never have and never will rate him as high as some of you do.

He had an engine and passion, which is great in the championship, but no amount of football with autobots will make me believe he is world class.

Who said anything about World Class? 95% of all the registered players in the Premier League are not 'World Class' (whatever that even means), but they are still Premiership footballers.

Poyet just started a competitive league game against Man United at Old Trafford. There are few accolades higher than that for a 19 year old Englishman.
    A Man U team that has fallen well below standards since ferguson left.
  • Options
    Look lets not beat about the bush. Lots of people on here were hoping his move to Wet Spam would be a disaster and he would rot in the reserves so we could all say 'we told you so Diego'. Yes, he started against Utd at Old Trafford came about because a few others werent available, BUT, he still started. He has already exceeded the expectations of many on here and probably even himself.

Anyway thats enough of the praise from me for the gobshite
  • Options
    scott parker played a few games for chelsea, big games at that. Still doesn't mean he didn't rot in their reserves and stunted his development.
  • Options

scott parker played a few games for chelsea, big games at that. Still doesn't mean he didn't rot in their reserves and stunted his development.

Scott Parker was up against Frank Lampard and Claude Makelele for a starting spot. Diego is up against the likes of Mark Noble and Kevin Nolan. Plus Scott was 4 years older. I'm not saying he might not play in the first team again this season, i just wasn't expecting him to be starting premier league ones already.
  • Options
    Diego was quite rightly our Player of the Year last year and we all loved him. He was not offered a contract when he should have been and when he was he quite wisely decided to see what his options where. Understandably maybe he chose West Ham. Personally I thought that he would have been better off staying and playing regular first team football, he chose otherwise but that is no reason for some of the hateful comments on this forum. He made his decision I wish him well and as stated so often "we move on".
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafctom said:

Dazzler21 said:

The sour grapes on here is so funny

everyone has said he will be lucky if he gets on the bench and wont play a game, he starts at Old Trafford and all people say is he played poor, lets just be honest he left us and instead of playing at home to Boro yesterday he was starting at Old Trafford which if he had stayed with us he could of waited years to do, so he has advanced his career by moving

I didn't think he was poor just a bit anon. He won't cut it in the Pem if plays like that every week, he won't play like that every week.

I was disappointed as I did like him, just never have and never will rate him as high as some of you do.

He had an engine and passion, which is great in the championship, but no amount of football with autobots will make me believe he is world class.

Who said anything about World Class? 95% of all the registered players in the Premier League are not 'World Class' (whatever that even means), but they are still Premiership footballers.

Poyet just started a competitive league game against Man United at Old Trafford. There are few accolades higher than that for a 19 year old Englishman.
    A Man U team that has fallen well below standards since ferguson left.
    Doesn't make a jot of difference - its still the most prestigious club side in the country and the most prestigious club stadium in the country, in a Premier League match. Miles ahead of starting for Charlton in a half empty stadium against Middlesbrough in the second division.

As for the Scott Parker debate - yes, he did stunt his development you could argue but he also went on to play regularly in the Premier League for the next 10 years after Chelsea, captaining every side he played for (including England!)

If Poyet has anywhere near the same career as Parker then he should be extremely proud, as should we.
  • Options

Scott Parker as much as we dislike him has not had a bad career even since he joined Chelsea

he has had a few injuries but still played at last 20 games as season
    and apart from this season and 4 games for West Ham back in 2011 before he moved to Tottenham he has never dropped out of the Premier League, yes he might of had a better career if he stayed, but no way has it been a poor career
  • Options
    He left us for more money and he has had more money, he has done well, no one is saying he hasn't.

But he would have been better off in footballing terms developing as a consistant key player at us on the up, rather than being another squad player at chelsea, no doubt.

Interesting to see Poyet starting, as much as he was a nob for leaving, it is relieving to know his undoubted talent isn't left on a bench to stall and potentially rot.
  • Options
    This thread is a real arrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Diego who move on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Who is Diego Poyet?

Couldn't give a toss about another teams player. I'd rather talk about our current squad, our current players from youth. Like KAG, Cousins, Fox etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scott Parker as much as we dislike him has not had a bad career even since he joined Chelsea

and apart from this season and 4 games for West Ham back in 2011 before he moved to Tottenham he has never dropped out of the Premier League, yes he might of had a better career if he stayed, but no way has it been a poor career
    scott parker was the best player in a team in the top 4 at 23 years old. You would've hoped he would've had a top top career, not a decent premier league one. All he's going to be is a pub quiz/pointless answer for england captains in about 10-15 years time. Not a pretty well established household name like he really should've been.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Who is Diego Poyet?

Couldn't give a toss about another teams player. I'd rather talk about our current squad, our current players from youth. Like KAG, Cousins, Fox etc

Irony
  • Options

scott parker was the best player in a team in the top 4 at 23 years old. You would've hoped he would've had a top top career, not a decent premier league one. All he's going to be is a pub quiz/pointless answer for england captains in about 10-15 years time. Not a pretty well established household name like he really should've been.
    But it's hard to predict how successful players will be. Did anyone expect Lampard to still be scoring goals at the highest level 10-15 years after leaving West Ham? Or Gary Cahill to be first choice CB for Chelsea and England?
  • Options

But it's hard to predict how successful players will be. Did anyone expect Lampard to still be scoring goals at the highest level 10-15 years after leaving West Ham? Or Gary Cahill to be first choice CB for Chelsea and England?
    This, when Cahill left Bolton moat people said it was a bad move for him and he would get no game time

and lets face it Chelsea are rich and in all fairness probably have better coaches, Parker may of thought the Charlton coaches had taken him as far as he could go and wanted to see what better coaches and better players training with him could teach him, plus Chelsea where gonna finish in Champions League places, we only might of.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Yes. Both were established Premier League players by the time they moved. No comparison to the Poyet move.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

_nam11 said:

Who is Diego Poyet?

Irony
    Who's he? Must've missed him coming through
  • Options
    On the bench against QPR
  • Options
    Huddersfield on loan
  • Options
    What a great signing for SCP
  • Options
    Powell has really turned things round at Huddersfield.

I'd would be really happy if we signed Holt and Poyet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Powell has really turned things round at Huddersfield.

I'd would be really happy if we signed Holt and Poyet.

Chrissy Powell, Chrissy Powell, Chrissy Powell :-0
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I wanted Grant Holt at the Valley before Powell got him... :-(
  • Options
    Bloody hell. That's a superb signing for them. Where's the knobhead Huddersfield fan who was labelling Powell the worst manager they've ever had, after about two games?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Damn means we can't sing one greedy bastard at him!
  • Options

Damn means we can't aging one greedy bastard at him!

Just in time for the cup draw.
  • Options

I need to learn to read my posts before posting.. what an auto correct error that is...
  • Options
    Played the full 90 tonight in West Ham 3-0 win in front of 35,000
  • Options
    Against some part timers. Progress indeed.