Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet's contract situation **DieGONE - Signs for West Ham)**

Comments

• Options
    When even his Mgr thought it more important to return from Ireland tour with his other team members , and sit in the stand
  • Options
    Spoke to someone at West Ham a couple of weeks ago. They were very disappointed with his progress but apparently Big Sam didn't want him in the first place. Bilic however will play whoever he is told to play, so Gold and Sullivan will make sure he gets some game time ( apparently ) ..
  • Options
    Considering he has only played a handful of games since leaving Charlton, I imagine it will be hard to judge how much he has developed in pure footballing terms.
  • Options
    Which England age group squad would he qualify to play for, next season?

Another backward step, if he isn't playing.
  • Options

Against some part timers. Progress indeed.

He's a grandad compared to the 16 year old he played alongside last night, Reece Oxford, the youngest ever player to play for the Hammers.
  • Options

Which England age group squad would he qualify to play for, next season?

Another backward step, if he isn't playing.

He'll pick Uruguay I imagine.
  • Options

Another classic example of a young player breaking into first team football and being very badly advised. I'm thinking that if he had remained at The Valley for just last season he would now have seventy odd games behind him and I don't doubt that he would have progressed. Instead he's now classed as "a disappointment" and his career has stalled. Not much chance of another PL team being interested so he's going to loaned to a championship club again and in all probability will end up signing for a championship team full time to rebuild his reputation.

Grab the money son.

I only saw him only a few times. A couple live and a one or two on TV. I was immensely disappointed every time given the hype about him I use to read on here. Reminded me a lot of Josh Wright. Looked good but when you analysed it rarely good in a way that hurt the opposing team like a Parker or Coquelin. Playing in a free deep role always asking for a short pass from the defender when he had no opponent within 20 yards and then 9 times out of 10 strolling side ways and making an easy square pass around the half way line. He just seemed completely ineffectual to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options

Another classic example of a young player breaking into first team football and being very badly advised. I'm thinking that if he had remained at The Valley for just last season he would now have seventy odd games behind him and I don't doubt that he would have progressed. Instead he's now classed as "a disappointment" and his career has stalled. Not much chance of another PL team being interested so he's going to loaned to a championship club again and in all probability will end up signing for a championship team full time to rebuild his reputation.

Grab the money son.

And you Gomez
  • Options
    Anyone that thought he would walk into the team is mental, judge him at the end of this season. The time at Liverpool not playing didn't seem to do Jonjo any harm
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Grab the money son.

And you Gomez
    I think it was us that grabbed the money for Gomez.
  • Options
    I actually think he'll play 20+ games next season for the hammers.

He'll then start the season after that as first choice.

Some people on here are very precious!
  • Options
    Some on here seemingly forget that he is only 20 years old. Still has time to get himself involved on a more regular basis, and infact I hope he does just to shut up some of the 'told you so' merchants on here who still haven't moved on.
  • Options

arrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Diego who move on

Yes the Diego that moved on...

Not Diego who a dog.
  • Options

arrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Diego who move on

Yes the Diego that moved on...

Not Diego who a dog.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nice tie
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Some on here seemingly forget that he is only 20 years old. Still has time to get himself involved on a more regular basis, and infact I hope he does just to shut up some of the 'told you so' merchants on here who still haven't moved on.

You could have just stated that you think he was good, had/has a lot of potential, maybe explain why you think he has potential.

This is a football thread on a football forum about an ex player. You are going to get different views. You should not be so 'precious' about a player you liked. Next thing you know this thread will be getting linked-to from the Argument thread.
  • Options
    theres a lot of heat related posts on life this morning i reckon

poyet gone move on

harriot going not going move on

the suns out its friday move on to the pub
  • Options

Which is which?

• Options
    He played last night in the europa league.
  • Options

I actually think he'll play 20+ games next season for the hammers.

He'll then start the season after that as first choice.

Some people on here are very precious!

Ahead of Noble, Nolan, Song (who will probably sign) or Obiang?
  • Options
    Ugh. Any time someone uses the phrase 'the West Ham way' they should be shot
  • Options
    Lovely that there wasnt a mention of his time at Charlton there at all... West Ham Academy really has taken him for their own, thankfully he's chosen Uruguay (Didnt realise he went to the U20 World Cup with them this Summer) so they cant claim they produced another possible England World Cup winner