Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet's contract situation **DieGONE - Signs for West Ham)**

Comments

• Options

Wouldn't put him in our team ahead of Kashi & Cousins

Poyet was more a Buyens type player than a Kashi, so if he was going to fit in our midfield I guess it would be alongside Kashi or Cousins who would be more 'box to box'.

However I like the idea of a Cousins and Kashi midfield both very hard working with Kashi being perhaps the more defensive of the two.
  • Options
    Poyet is a better technical player than Cousins by quite some way IMO.
  • Options
    Cousins the better player. Can play in at least four positions and has a better engine and awareness. Poyet probably the more 'natural' footballer but I'd have Cosuisn ahead of him.
  • Options
    Personally I prefer Cousins
  • Options
    Went for the money. No risk for west ham only a basic fee. Should have stayed and progressed with us and when he finally moved on at least the club paying the much higher fee would really want him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Hahahaha you're having a laugh aren't you? Poyets game is tackle - pass side ways, intercept - pass side ways - yellow card.
  • Options

Cousins is by far the more complete player. Poyet is good at what he does but Cousins has the potential to be the complete midfielder. He can play anywhere across midfield, in any role, can score and create goals and he can lead a team.

Agree and he has a better engine
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Sheesh, a lot of after-the-fact here. Poyet was class and you all know it. Dick, mind.

spot on

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Leuth said:

Sheesh, a lot of after-the-fact here. Poyet was class and you all know it. Dick, mind.

Agree.

Poyet worked his ass off for riga but wasn't nursed into the game like Cousins.

Shame is Cousins is at least catching him up now and looks to have more of a future.

• Options
    Huskaris said:

If only poyet had gone for £5 million he would be the best player we've ever produced and we would be so proud of him etc...

If hed gone for £40mil he still wouldn't be the best player wed ever produced

• Options

cafctom said:

Hahahaha you're having a laugh aren't you? Poyets game is tackle - pass side ways, intercept - pass side ways - yellow card.
    So you've admitted that he can tackle, intercept and successfully pass. Doesn't sound bad to me.

Cousins, for all his effort and engine, gives the ball away way too often and isn't as physically strong as he looks.
  • Options
    He could've at least gone on loan to a proper club. Welcome to the big time Diego!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps Cousins has BECOME a better player due to playing so many games and in different position but Poyet was, and maybe still is, class.
  • Options
    football class maybe but personal wise not classy at all
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

So you've admitted that he can tackle, intercept and successfully pass. Doesn't sound bad to me.

Cousins, for all his effort and engine, gives the ball away way too often and isn't as physically strong as he looks.
    Yeah, not bad. I'm not saying he's bad. He's just not better than cousins
  • Options
    Mk have a bench that needs warming
  • Options
    I haven't seen anyone say he's rubbish
  • Options
    Not surprised at this. As I stated earlier in this thread I always thought he was over rated by people on here. I think Campionship is his level.
  • Options

Mk have a bench that needs warming

I hear their benches are nicely padded

• Options
    If Cousins could add goals to his game ......only thing missing imo, in theory Kashi should allow him to push on a bit more this season.
    Also quite excited about Ba, few more games under his belt and it will be a interesting battle on who comands the cm positions this year