Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Max Clifford

13»

Comments

• Options
    Always thought the bloke was a horrible parasite even before all this came to light. Looks like karma has finally caught up with him.
  • Options

Blimey. I expected him to get a lot less .
    Never mind , perhaps his mate James Bond can help him escape .

That's cos all the reports have been saying that the maximum sentence for the offences he could expect is only 2 years because the law's been changed since they occurred. I don't think anyone expected that the judge would say they had to be served consecutively rather than concurrently, but it sounds like he thinks Clifford is a scumbag of the highest order. And personally I can't say I blame him.
  • Options

Wonder if some of the people Clifford has tried so vehemently to "spin" the truth about them are sitting quite so satisifed tonight by all he has done for them?

I see Cowell was the first to drop him. Why would Cowell need to use the services of someone like Clifford anyway? It's not as if he's got anything to hide, is it?

On an entirely separate subject I can't wait for the fallout:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2014/may/01/celebrity-max-clifford

• Options
    The sentence is commensurate with Max's knob.
  • Options
    I thought he'd get the same as Stuart Hall! Was surprised it was 8 years but I'm not feeling sorry for him :)
  • Options
    Phil said:

The sentence is commensurate with Max's knob.

A year for each millimetre. And as he gets parole on licence after half, that makes it 4.....

Wonder how his first night in the cell with "Hairy Mary" is going......?
  • Options
    His conviction may encourage a lot more victims to come forward so he could well be back in court and facing a longer stretch. It's great that powerless people are getting justice even if they have had to wait for so long. All these cases and the convictions against establishment figures is great for the rule of law. Rebekah Brooks next please and then those who tried to cover-up Hillsborough and smear innocent football supporters in the process including the victims.
  • Options

His conviction may encourage a lot more victims to come forward so he could well be back in court and facing a longer stretch. It's great that powerless people are getting justice even if they have had to wait for so long. All these cases and the convictions against establishment figures is great for the rule of law. Rebekah Brooks next please and then those who tried to cover-up Hillsborough and smear innocent football supporters in the process including the victims.

Already other potential victims of Clifford are coming forward. Going to be a lot more of this sort of thing coming out between now and the election next year too. There's a few sweaty palms in the House of Lords and the Commons right now I'd bet.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27265696
  • Options
    It is a shame Cyril Smith is dead, although I wonder if they could have found a cell big enough.
  • Options
    There's probably hundreds!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Money greed arrogance
    Unfortunately in life it's easy to see how he got away with it
    Had he got caught 20 years it might have made a difference?
  • Options
    To be honest if he'd been caught 20 years ago, it'd probably have been less likely to go to trial and achieve a conviction :-(
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Wonder if some of the people Clifford has tried so vehemently to "spin" the truth about them are sitting quite so satisifed tonight by all he has done for them?

I see Cowell was the first to drop him. Why would Cowell need to use the services of someone like Clifford anyway? It's not as if he's got anything to hide, is it?

On an entirely separate subject I can't wait for the fallout:

That's right, Celebs also used him to keep stories out the newspaper.