Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options
    Giuseppe Bellusci charged with racially abusing Cameron Jerome

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30577886
  • Options

Joke club. Hope they go down. 1984. Never forget

yup
  • Options

Quote from Leeds and the BBC:

They said in a statement he did not use racist language.

'"The club understands that there is no third party evidence supporting Mr Jerome's allegation. Accordingly, the player will be contesting the charge."

Match referee Mark Clattenburg stopped play at the time to discuss Jerome's claims with him and then Leeds head coach Darko Milanic.

He gave Bellusci a warning following the incident before booking Jerome for a foul on the Italian moments later. Post-match statements were taken from both players.

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino, who is currently appealing against the Football League's decision to disqualify him from owning the club, said at the time that he would 'kick out' any of his players who were found to be racist.'

So one persons word against another. Pretty difficult to deal with, especially as we should rightly presume innocence until proven guilty. Third party support, and presumably it has to be neutral third party support too, very tricky indeed to prove racist abuse in the hurly burly of a match.

In that context Cameron Jerome is taking a credibility risk and I wonder if players have to weigh up such risks game after game.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Quote from Leeds and the BBC:

They said in a statement he did not use racist language.

'"The club understands that there is no third party evidence supporting Mr Jerome's allegation. Accordingly, the player will be contesting the charge."

Match referee Mark Clattenburg stopped play at the time to discuss Jerome's claims with him and then Leeds head coach Darko Milanic.

He gave Bellusci a warning following the incident before booking Jerome for a foul on the Italian moments later. Post-match statements were taken from both players.

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino, who is currently appealing against the Football League's decision to disqualify him from owning the club, said at the time that he would 'kick out' any of his players who were found to be racist.'

So one persons word against another. Pretty difficult to deal with, especially as we should rightly presume innocence until proven guilty. Third party support, and presumably it has to be neutral third party support too, very tricky indeed to prove racist abuse in the hurly burly of a match.

In that context Cameron Jerome is taking a credibility risk and I wonder if players have to weigh up such risks game after game.

All I can say is after watching the game live on TV Cameron Jerome did seem very distressed with something Bellusci had said to him
  • Options
    The owner failed his appeal

And can have no involvement with the club until April 10 2015
  • Options

The owner failed his appeal

And can have no involvement with the club until April 10 2015

wow, a whole three months then

• Options
    the only comfort we take that there are a few basket case clubs below us

ie leeds ,blackpool with wigan and millwall teetering
  • Options
    Rotherham, Leeds, Blackpool, Millwall, surely we can finish on more points than these four!!!
  • Options
    any possibility that leeds could have points deducted?
  • Options
    Leeds should only have points deducted if Millwall fail to go down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We make Leeds look normal
  • Options
    Russell Crowe interested in buying Leeds...
  • Options
    Cellino's disqualification has been extended

The Football League, Leeds United and Massimo Cellino have settled the outstanding disciplinary proceedings relating to the club’s non-disclosure of the Italian Court’s judgment regarding Mr. Cellino, as required under League regulations.

The club and Mr. Cellino have decided in the interests of the club, its players and supporters not to contest this charge. As a result, Mr. Cellino’s period of disqualification as a ‘relevant person’, as defined by the regulations, has now been extended from April 10 until May 3, the day after the conclusion of the 2014/15 league season.

Mr Cellino's right to challenge the decision of the Professional Conduct Committee under Football Association Rule K is unaffected by this settlement.
    Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-statement-massimo-cellino-2316845.aspx#9FstybkRpE7Kvtfs.99
  • Options
    Does he suddenly become a fit and proper person on the 4th May?
  • Options
    IA said:

Does he suddenly become a fit and proper person on the 4th May?

no, but the reason for his initial disqualification was I believe because the length of time since the criminal conviction he received was not in the fa rules, but by the time the disqualification is over them rules would have been met
  • Options
    Interesting stuff going on again:

Mirco Antenucci their top goalscorer apparently has a clause in his contract, something about him getting to 12 goals and getting a contract extension, Redfearn was apparently told not to play him which the club denied.

and yet he is only on their bench, now why else would you leave you top scorer on the bench unless you have been told to
  • Options
    And now down to 10 men against Blackburn.
  • Options

Interesting stuff going on again:

Mirco Antenucci their top goalscorer apparently has a clause in his contract, something about him getting to 12 goals and getting a contract extension, Redfearn was apparently told not to play him which the club denied.

and yet he is only on their bench, now why else would you leave you top scorer on the bench unless you have been told to

Just coming on , paulie.

• Options
    Rumours that Red Bull have bid for Leeds Utd.

And now 3 nil down
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What would Leeds give for a Duchatelet type owner ?
  • Options
    Can't see Warburton working under him but maybe Poyet or even Di Canio
  • Options
    Jeez. That statement amounts to deformation doesn't it. Hardly what you would want any prospective employer thinking about you. If I were Redfearn I would be looking at my legal options I think.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Uwe Rosler expected to be named at 3 today
  • Options
    Just been confirmed on 5 Live. Unpopular man for an unpopular club?
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

Just been confirmed on 5 Live. Unpopular man for an unpopular club?

Yep. Well suited.
  • Options
    A marriage made in heavenhell
  • Options
    I'll give it until Christmas.
  • Options
    If he can't do the job at Wigan , can't see him being able to do a job at leeds! Andy Delort for Leeds!