Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Got to admit this is great support from them tonight for a youth cup match

I can't understand a single word of what they're singing, not even "Leeds" which I assume would be in there somewhere.
    They are singing  Marching on Together, "their" song, which they've sung at every game since before I can remember.
    Man U are their rivals. When was the last chance they had to go to Old Trafford and when will they go again ?
    FA Cup 3rd round ten years ago, next season probably :p

I went to out u18 fa youth Cup game there.  The best 2 players on the pitch are no ones now, funny old game, but that's a diffrent story. 

That's quality support for a school night to be fair.  We would struggle to take that to Watford for a league game. 
    Do you mean this one that Callum Marriott played in.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but 9 of our 16 that night are now playing regularly in league football. That’s hugely impressive.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I can't understand a single word of what they're singing, not even "Leeds" which I assume would be in there somewhere.
    They are singing  Marching on Together, "their" song, which they've sung at every game since before I can remember.
    Man U are their rivals. When was the last chance they had to go to Old Trafford and when will they go again ?

I went to out u18 fa youth Cup game there.  The best 2 players on the pitch are no ones now, funny old game, but that's a diffrent story. 

That's quality support for a school night to be fair.  We would struggle to take that to Watford for a league game. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but 9 of our 16 that night are now playing regularly in league football. That’s hugely impressive.
    And a lot more than from the Man U squad as far as I know?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Phillips
    Ajayi
    Lennon
    Cousins
    Holmes Dennis
    Fox
    Marriott
    Piggott
    Azeez(although been injured for ages)

So yes I make it 9 as well @Sage

• Options
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Surprisingly few but they won it the year before. Pogba, Lingard and Morrison played that year
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Many of ours went on to have decent careers, not sure you can say that for most of theirs.
  • Options
    Phillips
    Ajayi
    Lennon(although recently dropped by Southend not even on the bench atm)
    Cousins
    Holmes Dennis
    Fox
    Marriott
    Piggott

FYI Harry Lennon broke his leg just before Christmas
  • Options
    Phillips
    Ajayi
    Lennon(although recently dropped by Southend not even on the bench atm)
    Cousins
    Holmes Dennis
    Fox
    Marriott
    Piggott

FYI Harry Lennon broke his leg just before Christmas
    Wasnt aware of that, flash score normally say when a player is injured as you can see below and they haven't done with him, just that he hasnt been included.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Didn't Lennon fracture his leg in 18/19 season too. Bit of a concern about his bone density. Or just rotten challenges in league 1?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Many of ours went on to have decent careers, not sure you can say that for most of theirs.
    The best 2 players on the pitch, by a mile, that day were Poyet and Barnby.  I would have bet my house on them being top top players on that performance. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes it's weird to have a Man U youth squad where so few made it in the game at a high level, as their academy has a brilliant record of producing players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sage said:
    Unbelievable support.

Find it weird that people find it weird.

Well I find it weird that you find it weird that I find it weird so nerrrr...

Honestly, if it's what they want to spend their time doing then power to them I guess. I look forward to seeing 1400 Leeds fans at their next U18 game...
  • Options

Sage said:
    Unbelievable support.

Find it weird that people find it weird.

Well I find it weird that you find it weird that I find it weird so nerrrr...

Honestly, if it's what they want to spend their time doing then power to them I guess. I look forward to seeing 1400 Leeds fans at their next U18 game...
    I’ve said on here before that my dad is a Leeds supporter so I take a keen interest in them. But it can’t be denied that their support is exceptional.

I remember going to Charlton U18 v Chelsea U18 in the FA Youth Cup when Palmer played brilliantly before they stole him. No chance was there 1,400 at that game back then. So for them to bring so many away to support their youth has very good, whether that’s weird or not to some. It’s still the club and young players. 
  • Options
    I do find the Leeds crumble every year pretty hilarious. 

I would love it if come last day of the season we beat them to make them miss out on top 2 or we beat them to make them miss the playoffs.

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
  • Options

I would love it if come last day of the season we beat them to make them miss out on top 2 or we beat them to make them miss the playoffs.

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
    Leeds, Leeds are Falling Apart Again. 
  • Options

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
    I take it your not planning on going then!!! 
  • Options

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
    You better hope we don't have to beat them to stay up!
  • Options

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
     Not the first time.
  • Options

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
     Not the first time.
    Very true.
    History on our side
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
    I certainly will be going.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
    Did you go the "last game in the premier league" at Elland Road, that was an experience! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
    Did you go the "last game in the premier league" at Elland Road, that was an experience! 
    Was that the 3-3 match.......2004 ?
  • Options

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"

If we stay up and we manage to throw a final spanner in Leeds’ works then I’ll consider it a successful season. Keep your ‘Wall and Palace, Leeds is the club I despise most, always have, always will. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
    Was that the 3-3 match.......2004 ?
    Yup, Smith got carried round the pitch, kissing the badge, then signed for Man United!

Actually I think his 1st and last league games at Elland Road were against us. 
  • Options

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"

Keep your ‘Wall and Palace, Leeds is the club I despise most, always have, always will. 
    That's crazy talk.
  • Options
    Went Elland Road when we drew with them 0-0, Racon was our best player that day. Can remember some busy steward with a clip board telling everyone to sit down, he soon sat down himself. Looking forward to going back there end of season.
  • Options
    Doubt I’ll have enough loyalty points to get there off my own back, 500 at the moment, but would do all I possibly can to ensure me and my Dad get to go on the last day of the season. 
  • Options
    Went Elland Road when we drew with them 0-0, Racon was our best player that day. Can remember some busy steward with a clip board telling everyone to sit down, he soon sat down himself. Looking forward to going back there end of season.
    Was that a really windy day? Think I was at that one if so.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

"It's happening again,
    It's happening again, 
    Leeds United,
    It's happening again!"
    I was 8 or 9 so no.
  • Options

Surprised it wasn't on the telly
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Fair play to Leeds, everyone knows they have great support but...................it's obviously only because it was United.

Would they have taken 1400 fans to a youth cup match if they had (for example) someone like Oxford or Luton?

Still a great night for their kids though and one they'll never forget.