Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options
    Hilarious.
  • Options
    Kermy said:
    Ha. Leeds had to play themselves and I bet they still lost. I can see a relegation scrap for them.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Players that were on loan in Serie B, doesn't sound great to me.
    Leeds United have signed Tommaso Bianchi on a permanent basis and Souleymane Doukara on a season-long loan.
    Italian midfielder Bianchi, 25, joins on a four-year deal from Serie A side Sassuolo and spent last season on loan with Modena in Serie B.
    "He can play on the left, right or in the number 10 position and he can score goals," said Leeds boss Dave Hockaday.
    Senegal striker Doukara, 22, has arrived from Italian club Catania.
    He was on loan with Serie B's Juve Stabia last season, scoring six goals in 20 appearances.
    "He is a big, powerful and fast player with a hunger to succeed," added Hockaday. "He is exactly what we need at the club."
    The Championship club's tally of signings this summer is now four following the arrivals of goalkeepers Marco Silvestri and Stuart Taylor.
    The latest transfers come after Scotland international striker Ross McCormack left Leeds to join Fulham for an undisclosed fee, believed to be £11m
  • Options
    Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has ordered that all of the club's players must live in the city.
    The 57-year-old took over at Elland Road in April and is currently with the players on their pre-season tour of his native Italy.
    "Next season I do not want one single player who lives outside of Leeds, no way. That is mandatory.
    "Last year there were players who were coming late to games," Cellino told BBC Radio Leeds.
    Cellino added that next season before a home game the players will stay together, have dinner together and go to games together.
    "It is important to do this because the players must be able to sleep well the day before a game and maybe they cannot do that if they have small children or if their neighbour is having a party," he said.
    Leeds announced losses of £9.5m for the 2012-13 financial year and Cellino said the club had to "stop wasting money that isn't ours" when he took over.
    Cellino, who claims that the club is now debt free, is now targeting a buyout of the 25% of the club still in the hands of previous owners GFH Capital as well as buying back Elland Road.
    "There is no debt anymore and we have found a deal with GFH and I am glad for that," he added.
    "We are close to raising £30m of capital and that is without the money we got for McCormack. We did not budget for his sale because we did not want him to go.
    "The decision to buy back the stadium had been made before Ross was sold but now we can use that money for the deal. We want to take back our house."
  • Options

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has ordered that all of the club's players must live in the city.
    The 57-year-old took over at Elland Road in April and is currently with the players on their pre-season tour of his native Italy.
    "Next season I do not want one single player who lives outside of Leeds, no way. That is mandatory.
    "Last year there were players who were coming late to games," Cellino told BBC Radio Leeds.
    Cellino added that next season before a home game the players will stay together, have dinner together and go to games together.
    "It is important to do this because the players must be able to sleep well the day before a game and maybe they cannot do that if they have small children or if their neighbour is having a party," he said.
    Leeds announced losses of £9.5m for the 2012-13 financial year and Cellino said the club had to "stop wasting money that isn't ours" when he took over.
    Cellino, who claims that the club is now debt free, is now targeting a buyout of the 25% of the club still in the hands of previous owners GFH Capital as well as buying back Elland Road.
    "There is no debt anymore and we have found a deal with GFH and I am glad for that," he added.
    "We are close to raising £30m of capital and that is without the money we got for McCormack. We did not budget for his sale because we did not want him to go.
    "The decision to buy back the stadium had been made before Ross was sold but now we can use that money for the deal. We want to take back our house."

Wonder if he's ever been to Leeds?

• Options
    Grim situation for the Millwall of the North. Will be interesting to see how they fare this coming season. I don't think it looks great for them.
  • Options

Grim situation for the Millwall of the North. Will be interesting to see how they fare this coming season. I don't think it looks great for them.

Yeah. Really grim. A manager nobody's heard of and new signings even less.
  • Options

Yeah. Really grim. A manager nobody's heard of and new signings even less.
    And an owner who will be a challenger to Tan's reputation of the weirdest in the Football League....ever !

• Options
    L**ds United, a basket case and possibly heading for the mire? LOVE IT!!!!! Bring it on :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    11th July the signed a player on a season long loan
    been sent back today

Leeds United have brought an abrupt end to Switzerland international defender Jonathan Rossini's season-long loan deal and the 25-year-old has been sent back to his club Sassuolo, with club owner Massimo Cellino says Rossini's "attitude" was not right.

We want special players at Leeds United. Rossini didn’t show enough during the three days he trained with the rest of the team.
  • Options
    Keep it up Massimo, one less club to worry about!
  • Options

We want "special" players at Leeds United. Rossini didn’t show enough during the three days he trained with the rest of the team.

He's not wrong there....
  • Options
    Relegation material written all over that club .What's the odds anybody know?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    With them and Blackpool, you would think that may be 2 of the relegation spots already sown up.
  • Options

been sent back today

Leeds United have brought an abrupt end to Switzerland international defender Jonathan Rossini's season-long loan deal and the 25-year-old has been sent back to his club Sassuolo, with club owner Massimo Cellino says Rossini's "attitude" was not right.

We want special players at Leeds United. Rossini didn’t show enough during the three days he trained with the rest of the team.

Presumably, he was pissed off, when they told him there was no lunch & he had to take home his own kit & wash it.
    I'm joking, but it's probably true.
  • Options
    Haha joketown.
  • Options
    Pantomime season starts even earlier this year !

Well, in Leeds it has .
  • Options

been sent back today

His attitude is not right but according to the Rumours thread Nile Ranger is training with Leeds, now that's a player with some attitude!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iaitch said:

been sent back today

His attitude is not right but according to the Rumours thread Nile Ranger is training with Leeds, now that's a player with some attitude!!!!
    I don't even think the Loan Ranger can save them
    What about the Lone Ranger?

Or are their debts really bad?
  • Options
    Couldn't happen to a nicer club. 1984. Never forget
  • Options
    It just keeps getting better and better.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    'Marching on together, until you all implode da da da da da da,
    You are so proud, to sing out load, about a club now under a shroud'

Boom boom :-)
  • Options
    The gift that keeps on giving
  • Options

With them and Blackpool, you would think that may be 2 of the relegation spots already sown up.

Sadly if only it was that simple... How the Championship goes, Leeds and Blackpool will probably be the two Dark Horses for the Play-Offs
  • Options
    TBH, what with todays pampered players, I like the new owners attitude.

'Kenny, you are not coming on tour, we cannot afford the excess baggage charge'

Closing the canteen!! its a tough life as a footballer, can't the players afford their own lunches? how many of us get free food at work?

Sending back players with the wrong attitude, selling off the (grossly overpaid) highest earner for a tidy sum, getting a lot of ex players off the hospitality gravy train, making players live near their fans rather than in gated estates in the country, sounds like he knows what he is doing.
  • Options

TBH, what with todays pampered players, I like the new owners attitude.

'Kenny, you are not coming on tour, we cannot afford the excess baggage charge'

Closing the canteen!! its a tough life as a footballer, can't the players afford their own lunches? how many of us get free food at work?

Sending back players with the wrong attitude, selling off the (grossly overpaid) highest earner for a tidy sum, getting a lot of ex players off the hospitality gravy train, making players live near their fans rather than in gated estates in the country, sounds like he knows what he is doing.

I don't think the owner knows anything at all and I don't think players are as pampered as all that - at least not in the Championship.

The free lunches are all part of the fitness regime so cutting them out is effectively bypassing some of their athletic training.

In my book that's just Cellini being plain foolish. The manager should be setting the tone at the training ground not the Owner giving it large.

Leeds are in serious trouble.
  • Options

making players live near their fans rather than in gated estates in the country, sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Yeah, I'm sure Cellini himself is setting an example by living in a tower block in Gipton.................