Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options
    Rolando Maran clear favourite to be next manager
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolando_Maran
    managed a lot of clubs with no success
  • Options

Rolando Maran clear favourite to be next manager
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolando_Maran
    managed a lot of clubs with no success

Lets hope he keeps up his impressive record
  • Options

Neal Redfearn takes temp charge.

Is that you Signor (Presidente) Cellini???? ;-)
  • Options
    Am surprised he lasted so long. They are the laughing stock of football at the moment and Cellino is close to being as bonkers as Mr Tan at Cardiff.
  • Options

If I was Hockaday, I'd be thinking, I'm really pleased this absolute headcase, phoned me up (Mr Nobody), out of the blue and offered to pay me a salary I could only ever dream of.
    I just hope I can cling on as long as possible and then sue him for the rest of my contract.
    I'll then return to obscurity with my trousers full of dosh.

• Options
    Appleton?
  • Options
    Maybe andy delort might be the new manager
  • Options
    Zola could be a good fit, Watford was similar with player recruitment, etc. Doubt he'll fancy it though.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cellino's fired Hockaday? I'm shocked! Shocked, I say!
  • Options
    Curbs 16-1.
  • Options
    People talking about:
    Appleton
    Curbs
    Pullis
    Powell

This is Cellino he is gonna hire an unknown manager more than likely italian
  • Options
    Appleton recently became Oxford's manager.
  • Options

People talking about:
    Appleton
    Curbs
    Pullis
    Powell

Do you think we were serious about Appleton and Curbs?
  • Options

Wouldnt be surprised if this might be the type of club that Pulis would be interested in going to?

I don't reckon so Pres , i think Pullis will bide his time and see who gets sacked leading up too Christmas , and then steam in their as a white knight , he's making a bit of a name for himself.
  • Options

People talking about:
    Appleton
    Curbs
    Pullis
    Powell

not just talking about on here, twitter,sports yapper even Andy Goldstein suggested Curbs on talksport
  • Options
    Agree with the previous posters who reckon it will be an unknown Italian coach.
    Cellini will be looking to spend as little as possible so only an unknown will allow him to do that.
  • Options
    Hold on, he's only just sacked the manager and promoted the coach driver to save money. If he tries to save money again there'll be a lot of YTS boys with dry mouths in the canteen up there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the bloke who carried out the fit and proper person test, a fit and proper person?
  • Options

Is the bloke who carried out the fit and proper person test, a fit and proper person?

Didnt the Football League fail him on the fit and proper person test only for Cellino to take it to an appeal?
    1StevieG said:

Am surprised he lasted so long. They are the laughing stock of football at the moment and Cellino is close to being as bonkers as Mr Tan at Cardiff.

I think he's 10x worse than Tan... that idiot would never take the risk of hiring someone straight from Non-League Football (No offence to Hockaday)
  • Options

People talking about:
    Appleton
    Curbs
    Pullis
    Powell

not just talking about on here, twitter,sports yapper even Andy Goldstein suggested Curbs on talksport
    But he's an idiot.
  • Options

People talking about:
    Appleton
    Curbs
    Pullis
    Powell

But he's an idiot.
    We want an idiot in charge at Elland Road.

The Millwall of the North are headed for League One...
  • Options

People talking about:
    Appleton
    Curbs
    Pullis
    Powell

But he's an idiot.
    We want an idiot in charge at Elland Road.

The Millwall of the North are headed for League One...
    Dont worry... ANYONE (Even if Alex Ferguson.. Jose Mourinho.. Pep Guardiola were the Management team) who takes over at Leeds under that Italian have to be idiots!!
  • Options
    he got through 36 managers in 20 years when he was in charge at Caligari
  • Options
    "fit and proper person " ...........hmmm
  • Options
    T said:

he got through 36 managers in 20 years when he was in charge at Caligari

The scariest part of that for Leeds fans is that the guy seems to hang around.

• Options

Don't think Appleton would be a bad appointment. Suspect Leeds want a coach rather than a traditional English manager. Appleton is well regarded as a coach, whilst his management career is unusual.

However, Appleton would be well advised not to accept the job if offered, as he probably needs to stay in a job for a reasonable amount of time and the Leeds owner does not appear to retain managers/ coaches that long. But can Appleton turn down a big club in the second tier of English football?

• Options

Don't think Appleton would be a bad appointment. Suspect Leeds want a coach rather than a traditional English manager. Appleton is well regarded as a coach, whilst his management career is unusual.

However, Appleton would be well advised not to accept the job if offered, as he probably needs to stay in a job for a reasonable amount of time and the Leeds owner does not appear to retain managers/ coaches that long. But can Appleton turn down a big club in the second tier of English football?

I think the question is, would Cellino offer it to Appleton,
    I doubt it