Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options

TBH, what with todays pampered players, I like the new owners attitude.

'Kenny, you are not coming on tour, we cannot afford the excess baggage charge'

Closing the canteen!! its a tough life as a footballer, can't the players afford their own lunches? how many of us get free food at work?

Sending back players with the wrong attitude, selling off the (grossly overpaid) highest earner for a tidy sum, getting a lot of ex players off the hospitality gravy train, making players live near their fans rather than in gated estates in the country, sounds like he knows what he is doing.

What about not allowing players to play for the team if their born on the 17th of a month?

• Options

making players live near their fans rather than in gated estates in the country, sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Yeah, I'm sure Cellini himself is setting an example by living in a tower block in Gipton.................
    He has a flat in the centre of Leeds
  • Options

making players live near their fans rather than in gated estates in the country, sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Yeah, I'm sure Cellini himself is setting an example by living in a tower block in Gipton.................
    He has a flat in the centre of Leeds
    He gazumped Danny Green for it.

• Options
    The players will have to be too, if he gets his way!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Their new signing looks delighted to be there

• Options
    He looks happier than I would be.
  • Options
    Cheap looking synthetic sportswear. Already looks the part.
  • Options
    Sympathy lads, he's just found out he's in Leeds and the photographer is trying to cheer him up by saying at least you're not in Sheffield.
  • Options
    SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 25m View translation
    Leeds are interested in signing Fiorentina defender Cristiano Piccini. #lufc

another Italian somehow I have a feeling their Manager is not in control of who comes in
  • Options
    Strong rumours that Hockaday has been fired
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Battle of the Italians today and they lost 4-1 (7 Italians in the squads today 3 Watford 4 Leeds)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    WSS said:

Well they were saying this before the game, they play Bradford in the cup midweek so if he survives today then that might be his undoing, however he won't be bothered, he's only a coach, the Italian picks the team (or tells him), all Wackaday does is erm... fitness training, tactics lol, and subs during a game.
  • Options
    Yorkshire football really is in the shit.
  • Options

Hull City are doing ok.
  • Options

Hull City are doing ok.
    True, although they do have to play in Hull and that's no good thing.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Hull City are doing ok.
    True, although they do have to play in Hull and that's no good thing.
    As well as changing the name that was something else the owner wanted - to move them out of Hull into the leafy suburbs of East Riding.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Cellino says he had decided to sack Hockaday yesterday and was ready to do so until he spoke to Hockaday about half an hour ago.

Cellino: "We lost yesterday because of one shit mistake from Bellusci. I see that now. I didn't see it that way yesterday."

Cellino: "If Bellusci didn't f*** up and we win the game, would I be firing the coach? No."

Cellino says he'll wait until the squad is finished before judging Hockaday. "Maybe he's not a good coach but I can't say yet."

According to Phil Hay of Yorkshire Evening Post.

He also says: "Not a single person at Elland Road expected Hockaday to see out the day. But there we go."
  • Options
    Unbelievable statements if true. Why would anyone want to go there? Also - if you were Hockaday what would you be thinking? Cellini is an absolute arsehole and I sincerely hope he loses a fortune
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or he may be sleeping with the fish.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

The only fish ever to be seen in Leeds were in that tank in their boardroom that cost a fortune......
  • Options

iaitch said:

The only fish ever to be seen in Leeds were in that tank in their boardroom that cost a fortune......
    Wait a sec, Fish... Costa... Fortune... I'm having a flashback to our glory days!
  • Options

If I was Hockaday, I'd be thinking, I'm really pleased this absolute headcase, phoned me up (Mr Nobody), out of the blue and offered to pay me a salary I could only ever dream of.
    I just hope I can cling on as long as possible and then sue him for the rest of my contract.
    I'll then return to obscurity with my trousers full of dosh.

You're missing the point. The reason he phoned him up out of the blue was because he is a nobody and he can put him on a no body's wage. So when he does sack him he won't be in line for a pay off.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    J BLOCK said:

If I was Hockaday, I'd be thinking, I'm really pleased this absolute headcase, phoned me up (Mr Nobody), out of the blue and offered to pay me a salary I could only ever dream of.
    I just hope I can cling on as long as possible and then sue him for the rest of my contract.

You're missing the point. The reason he phoned him up out of the blue was because he is a nobody and he can put him on a no body's wage. So when he does sack him he won't be in line for a pay off.
    I appreciate what you are saying & agree up to a point.
    However, I think you're missing the point. I presume you feel that Hockaday took a wage cut to join Leeds ?
    Obviously not. He's still earning a lot more than he got paid at Forest Green Rovers and unless he had a weird contract, he will have to be paid off the remainder of his contract, if Leeds sack him.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I appreciate what you are saying & agree up to a point.
    However, I think you're missing the point. I presume you feel that Hockaday took a wage cut to join Leeds ?
    Obviously not. He's still earning a lot more than he got paid at Forest Green Rovers and unless he had a weird contract, he will have to be paid off the remainder of his contract, if Leeds sack him.
    Not a wage cut, but if paid more it won't be much. The fact hockoday could have Leeds United on cv, he is going to jump on it, despite being paid around about the same money he was on forest green. No inside knowledge on this just my thoughts.
  • Options
    Hockaday was sacked by FGR last October. However, it is beyond reason to suggest that Leeds are paying him no more than FGR, who probably paid about £30K pa at a guess.
  • Options
    I'd bet he's on a six figure salary.
  • Options
    It's purely paper talk, but the DM seem to think he's on about £80,000 - 90,000. A tenth of what they were paying previously.

I'm pretty sure a similar figure was mentioned on the FLS when they did that feature on Hockaday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2717222/Leeds-United-don-t-chairs-owner-Massimo-Cellino-mess-engulfed-Elland-Road.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
  • Options
    I'd go along with that. I'd have guessed he was on a low wage (by Leeds manager standards) and said £100k pa.
    I'd also have said he was on about £20k pa at FGR. I said £30k pa to err on the upside.
    So, he's on 5 x what he was at FGR, so from his point of view a massive rise.

Anyway, if J Block thinks Leeds pay the same salary as Forest Green Rovers, I'll agree to disagree.