Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Eagles rumoured to be joining on loan (2014)

Comments

• Options
    Good signing if it happens
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

It would be a great signing although I'd be worried how much of that 30k pw we are picking up.

According to Katrien at the VIP meeting, we were prepared to pay the full wages of some of the good players we wanted on loan but did not get because they declined to join us, so there is money there to spend on the right players.
  • Options
    Be a very good signing... Cant believe he is 28 though... Didnt think he'd been around THAT long
  • Options

Will be great to hear the Covered End sing "Eagles, Eagles, Eagles" : - )

We'll also be signing "Keith Lions", "Diego Wall" and Trevor "Noonelikesus"
  • Options
    Anyone know the source of this rumour? Would love it to be true but suspect it's just wishful thinking.
  • Options
    any idea where this one has come from (sauce?) ?

sounds a bit far fetched but note from the wiki link that he is a southerner so maybe fancies a move back down here. thought he`d be aiming higher than us though...

wand of a foot at championship level. much more industrious and combatitve than many think him to be.

considering our paucity of RM resources, this would be a great signing.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2014
    Couple of quotes from Bolton fans:

''Wet lettuce who should be one of the best players at this level.

Is more interested in his hair and imitating Beckham.''

''Fanny. Runs down blind alleys. Fanny. If he's arsed he's a decent option playing as an orthodox winger or behind the striker. Fanny. Takes a decent deadball. Fanny.Shoots from range to limited success.

Has definitely got the ability to be one of the better players in the league but hasn't got the guts, god only knows what he's going to be like in a relegation scrap.

Bit of a fanny.''

''Luxury player''

''Flakey''
  • Options
    JT said:

''Fanny. Runs down blind alleys. Fanny. If he's arsed he's a decent option playing as an orthodox winger or behind the striker. Fanny. Takes a decent deadball. Fanny.Shoots from range to limited success.

Has definitely got the ability to be one of the better players in the league but hasn't got the guts, god only knows what he's going to be like in a relegation scrap.

Bit of a fanny.''

''Luxury player''

''Flakey''

That could be us talking about Danny Green. Pretty much word for word.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Jdredsox said:

It would be a great signing although I'd be worried how much of that 30k pw we are picking up.

According to Katrien at the VIP meeting, we were prepared to pay the full wages of some of the good players we wanted on loan but did not get because they declined to join us, so there is money there to spend on the right players.

He ticks the box for me.Despite the win last night we need a right footed wing man to help us over the line in my view. In an ideal world a central midfielder to cover injuries and a target man striker would be useful also.

In terms of money we may only be funding him for about 6 weeks .Even if we were paying the full amount .A good loan signing who helps keep us up.Bolton seem to be a basket case financially .Maybe there would be a clause that we pay the full amount if we stay up?

I notice he is a southerner. Could he be looking to move closer to London to end his career ?

FFP could open a few doors for us this summer if we are still in the CCC with the likes of Blackburn ,Bolton,Middlesbrough and QPR needing to offload quality players who would not be able to continue to receive their previous contract wage levels in the future.
  • Options
    oh chrissy nigel

chrissy chirssy chirssy nigel

your surname is shite

but you are alright

chrissy chrissy chrissy nigel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has lovely hair (bit of a tart).
  • Options
    Got a nice house though.... #baller
  • Options
    Nah sod it, I'm gonna sing:-

Eagles,
    there's only one Eagles
    One Chrissy Eagles
    There's only one Chrissy Eagles :0)
  • Options
    Lets face it, IF he is a friend of Sordell's, then we've got no chance of him coming here!
  • Options
    30k pw though? Is that not the equivalent of maybe 5 of our top earners? And after last night's 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 where does he fit in and who would be dropped? Not saying I wouldn't want him in the side, just wondering about return on investment.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

30k pw though? Is that not the equivalent of maybe 5 of our top earners? And after last night's 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 where does he fit in and who would be dropped? Not saying I wouldn't want him in the side, just wondering about return on investment.

Could play "in the hole" or wide right of the attacking 3 in behind the forward. Either that or RM if we go back to 4-4-2.
  • Options
    Decent player at this level and if he is available, i would've thought he'd be more likely to go to side chasing a play off place like Forest, Reading or Brighton.

Where has this rumour come from anyway?
  • Options
    Why are you hung up on what a player earns. I could understand it if we were going bust but not now. I am more concerned that we get the quality in and leave the financials to the owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you say it quickly, C Eagles is a lot like Seagulls too. He'll just have to change his name to Chris Robins.
  • Options

Welcome to the Hotel Jose Riga

Such a lovely place

Such a well tanned face.....

Plenty of room (Upfront) at the Hotel Jose Riga

Been a dreadful year

Simon Church is here.....

Like it
  • Options

Why are you hung up on what a player earns. I could understand it if we were going bust but not now. I am more concerned that we get the quality in and leave the financials to the owner.

If we (or more importantly RD) stops concerning himself with what a player earns then we would very likely be going bust anytime soon. The financials are key to any sustainable success.

Having said that, 8 weeks at £30k might very well be money well spent - although the impact that might have on the rest of the squad earning significantly less would have to be a consideration.
  • Options
    Interesting one, if he is available then might be worth paying him big money till end of season and then assess from there.

I think other clubs will be sniffing round though.
  • Options
    We've needed another winger who can create and score since Stewart left. Eagles had a decent season last year and is a better player than Danny Green. Good news imo.
  • Options
    I'd expect two or three outgoings too. Hollands/Green/Evina ?
  • Options

agree maybe not green though.
  • Options
    JT said:

Bit of a fanny.''

''Luxury player''

''Flakey''

Sounds like my kind of player....:-)

• Options

Are Gower and Cook injured? If not, they might as well go.