Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County V Charlton Ath|Championship|29 March 2014|Preview, News, Views & Line Ups

Comments

• Options
    There have been two games this season Where I was confident that we'd definitely get beaten. That was Derby and Burnley at home. For our trip to Pride Park on Saturday, I just feel we could get something from this. My team to grab a point...

Ben

Lawrie
    Mike
    Dorien
    Rhoys

Davide
    Jordan
    Diego
    Johnny

Obi
    Astrit
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Scoham said:

A defeat with 2 of the bottom 3 catching up with us. We stay 21st on goal difference. Mood changes from we're definitely staying up to we're definitely going down.

Yeovil are playing Barnsley. Hoping they'll play out a stalemate.

Millwall home to Blackburn who have only won 1 in their last 6.

Can see Derby being too strong for us, just hoping for a couple of decent results below us and the opportunity to take at least a point at Elland Road on Tuesday when we play one of our games in hand.
  • Options
    Worth remembering that Derby have only won one of their last six scoring six. Take out the Forest game and their form ain't good.
  • Options
    Think this is one where we'll lose, hopefully not by many to keep our goal difference superior to those below us.

Can see Millwall winning on Saturday to give themselves a bit of hope though hopefully Jordan Rhodes will have one of his 'on' days. Yeovil-Barnsley could be anything but 2-1 home win is my prediction.
  • Options
    We lose. We move on.
  • Options
    think well nick a point ,millwall draw and yeovil win
  • Options
    Could grab a point here, or even all three, don't think they are quite the same side whilst we are improving.
  • Options
    2-0 loss. Only because I never get these things right.
  • Options
    Talking with a tractor boy today. He said Derby kicked them all over the park. Lets hope the ref is up to the job.
  • Options
    1-1 with the Addicks taking the lead and Derby scoring late on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably our toughest game left. A point would be a real achievement. If they score more than one, we know it's all over. 2-0 to the Rams.
  • Options
    best i can see is 1-1, Derby are playing well and it will be difficult to see anything other than a point at best. Match thread from 2 pm
  • Options

best i can see is 1-1, Derby are playing well and it will be difficult to see anything other than a point at best. Match thread from 2 pm

Thing is Derby aren't playing well as the excellent and well written OP says : - )

One win in six and that was against a Forest team so poor they have not won in 9 and lost at home to Charlton.

Whether County are poor enough to lose to Charlton we shall see but they are on a bad run of form.

• Options

Thing is Derby aren't playing well as the excellent and well written OP says : - )

One win in six and that was against a Forest team so poor they have not won in 9 and lost at home to Charlton.

Whether County are poor enough to lose to Charlton we shall see but they are on a bad run of form.

Very true. It all depends which Derby side turn up. However harsh the Clough sacking appeared it's proving to be the right decision (I'll never admit the same for Powell / Riga!). He's got them playing some good football, they're in the playoffs and I think they'll go up. I thought they outplayed as at The Valley and we just couldn't handle the forwards.

Having said that, we've improved since then and are hard to be beat...and Millwall have already beaten them at Pride Park just a few weeks ago. I'll be ecstatic with a 0-0.
  • Options
    Like Valley Mcmoist I was utterly convinced that derby would beat us at our place to the point where I had to be talked out of putting money on it by my mate who said I shouldn't bet against my own side. Cheers Bob! And they duly won. However I was not very impressed by them. We were utter gash that day and we are now much better organised. As others have said, derby's stuffing of Forest flatters to deceive given their recent run and is put into perspective by our own victory on Tuesday. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all confident but I wouldn't be completely surprised if we got something out of this.
  • Options
    Scoring 6 goals in a game though. I wonder how that feels as a supporter.

I wonder how scoring two goals feels as well.

Lets hope they are complacent and start slowly and get worse.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Scoring 6 goals in a game though. I wonder how that feels as a supporter.

We scored 6 about this time last season. Felt pretty good!

• Options
    Best we can hope for is 0-0 - must not concede early goal.
  • Options
    0-0
  • Options

After Nottingham, let's not make the mistake of thinking we are any good and try anything fancy.

We are well organised, decent at the back and scrap well and err..that''s it.

Keep it tight, let them get impatient and try and pinch something in the second half.

0-0 if we are lucky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    another clean sheet, why not.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Derby 6 Charlton 1.

Can't see the clean sheets this weekend.

Our sheet will be soiled like a brothel's bedding.
  • Options
    Derby aren't in great form but I feel we have a better chance of points against Leeds.

Anything from this is a bonus, would be nice to get back to back victories in the league
  • Options
    We might just frustrate Derby. We are keeping plenty of clean sheets apart from last weekends blip. I don't think Derby are as strong or as good as Burnley so I reckon we wil be good for a draw.
  • Options
    Hi,

Tickets for away fans will be on sale from the Away end Ticket Office, located in our South stand at the iPro Stadium, approximately 1.5 hours prior to kick-off tomorrow. There is a match day price increase, meaning match day ticket prices of:
    Adult - £29.00
    Senior (65+) - £20.50
    Under 18 - £16.50
    Please note, this will be a cash only service. Any duplicate requests will also be collected from this office.

Car parking is available for away fans for tomorrow's fixture in South Car Park A, accessed via the East Stand. Prices are dependent on the number of supporters in the car:
    4 or more people - £6
    Less than 4 people -£8

For further travel information for those supporters travelling by coach or rail, the following link may be of use: http://wearederby.com/?option=com_ramstravel.

Thanks,
    DCFC Ticket Office
  • Options
    Form has picked up, but it still feels like we try to miss – I know we don’t but it feels like it. So a good cross is needed and it doesn’t happen, a body in the box is needed and it isn’t there, shots against post or too tame or over missing the goal when they should be better. All that sort of thing hasn’t really been sorted yet. Maybe it is a progressive thing and with the confidence we should take from Tuesday, we might start being a bit more incisive. If not, I can’t see us getting anything from the game.
  • Options

Hi,

Tickets for away fans will be on sale from the Away end Ticket Office, located in our South stand at the iPro Stadium, approximately 1.5 hours prior to kick-off tomorrow. There is a match day price increase, meaning match day ticket prices of:
    Adult - £29.00
    Senior (65+) - £20.50
    Under 18 - £16.50
    Please note, this will be a cash only service. Any duplicate requests will also be collected from this office.

Car parking is available for away fans for tomorrow's fixture in South Car Park A, accessed via the East Stand. Prices are dependent on the number of supporters in the car:
    4 or more people - £6
    Less than 4 people -£8

For further travel information for those supporters travelling by coach or rail, the following link may be of use: http://wearederby.com/?option=com_ramstravel.

Thanks,
    DCFC Ticket Office

Them car park prices seem a bit unfair, costs more if there's less of you lol
  • Options
    2-2
  • Options
    I think we will again be well organised and make it difficult for Derby but will ultimately suffer a narrow defeat. 1 -0 Derby
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!