Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Davide Petrucci **SIGNED ON LOAN**

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Looking at that Youtube footage he looks quite / very physical, definitely threatening and some interesting forward passing out of difficult situations where some of ours would have gone for the pass back to the goalie / back line. And a nice FK goal reminiscent of JJ.
  • Options

That's definitely confirmed the Eagles deal is dead.

I wouldn't be so sure. Still time..
  • Options

Looks promising. Hope he turns into a good signing. Looks another sign that JR wants to play football along the ground. Still would like to see another 1/2 brought in.

@RedPanda what's the background to Lupoli's decline
  • Options
    Even spongefoot looks good on youtube, the guy has underlying problems if he's getting injured so often, hope he's fit and ready to put into action
  • Options
    Looking at photos of Petrucci he seems to be Left Footed,so will he take J.Js place?
  • Options
    Take it from me this boy is gonna be mustard
  • Options
    Only 6' 2" fails the CL height test. Much too tall.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if he regularly and effectively plays wide? As someone else has pointed out, we already have several midfielders who seem to be most effective in the centre of the park.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

What makes you say that?

• Options
    Derek1952 said:

Looking at photos of Petrucci he seems to be Left Footed,so will he take J.Js place?

No, funnily enough I reckon we will keep our influential skipper on the pitch in the final weeks of this season as we bid to stay up. Much more likely to replace Harriott/Green/Pritchard as we look to play a narrow midfield 5 of Poyet and Cousins holding, Jackson, Ajdarević and Petrucci attacking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think Seamus Coleman will be mustard...

• Options

Does anyone know if he regularly and effectively plays wide? As someone else has pointed out, we already have several midfielders who seem to be most effective in the centre of the park.

I think hes more like astrit. If we are gunna keep the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with astrit in the team i think its a good option to have to come on and replace him, also rather have this guy on the bench than pritchard
  • Options

Looks promising. Hope he turns into a good signing. Looks another sign that JR wants to play football along the ground. Still would like to see another 1/2 brought in.

@RedPanda what's the background to Lupoli's decline

I asked an Arsenal fan this in December after I saw him lazily wandering the pitch at Carpi v Varese. Apparently he had a couple of bad injuries at Arsenal and he lost his way mentally, since then it's been a downward spiral. He wanted out of England, Fiorentina sent him back here, they let him go, he was playing for smaller and smaller Italian clubs and now having checked he's in Hungary (age 26). He was 'the next big thing' and he was talented so I'd guess it's all mental.

Petrucci is younger but there are similarities. I'm sure by now he thought he'd be in Man U's first team. Having flicked through the video above he seems to like putting himself about and can't be faulted for effort. He's playing central there, I guess he could do a job out wide but you won't get the best out of him.
  • Options
    Welcome Davide...I expect to be underwhelmed
  • Options

Only 6' 2" fails the CL height test. Much too tall.

6 foot 2,
    eyes of blue,
    Dave Per trucci's after you.

• Options
    Derek1952 said:

This is very good shout and something that we were talking about yesterday. Petrucci is very lightweight, the expression "made of glass" would be appropriate here.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

What makes you say that?

Someone says that whenever we sign a young player on loan from one of the top clubs.

Seems like a good signing, an attacking player to add creativity and can apparently play out wide. Very little first team football for a player of his age though.
  • Options
    A bit off topic, but given the answers to the above, I wonder if Riga simply seeks to move us towards a Continental European style. This would imply no big lump up front, but also no orthodox wingers. In the Czech Republic I cannot think of a leading player who corresponds to our idea of a winger. The problem is still that many of our midfielders seem lost if they are asked to go a bit wider. Cousins, Poyet, Pritchard, Jackson, they all need to be central, at least under the orthodox English style set up.
  • Options
    Seems like a good signing. By the way, Eddie Firmani was actually South African not Italian. He qualified to play for Italy because of his grandfather
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

But he isn't a Liege cast-off

WTF is going on?

Well if he's not a Liege cast-off it must mean one thing...

He'll join us in the summer and then go to Liege ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    PopIcon said:

Derek1952 said:

This is very good shout and something that we were talking about yesterday. Petrucci is very lightweight, the expression "made of glass" would be appropriate here.
    Good. Someone that has actually seen him play instead of groundless speculation. Tell us more.
  • Options

Thanks.

DP, if he is a playmaker, would have a fair few players in his way at Old Trafford, playing elsewhere would appear the sensible option.

Can't recall hearing of Carpi football club, a quick google search shows some unusual stands in the ground.
  • Options
    Sounds like a talent but at 22 I would expected him to have made more of an impact.

But maybe this is the move he needs and he is the player that will give us a extra something.

Welcome and good luck

PS how is his surname pronounced?
  • Options
    Pah true chee i think?
  • Options
    Pet roo chee
  • Options

PL54 said:

But he isn't a Liege cast-off

WTF is going on?

Well if he's not a Liege cast-off it must mean one thing...

He'll join us in the summer and then go to Liege ;-)
    Of course - silly me.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

He looks to be right footed on the You Tube clips. Astrit is left footed though , so there could be rotation between the 3 of them.

• Options
    Looks to me like we're planning on playing out the rest of the season with 4-3-3 as our squad fits best to that formation. Whats the solution when you dont have any decent wingers bar Harriot? Dont play any wingers!

Good cover in the middle for tired legs with our packed run in. Not a lot of experience but we cant be too picky and he must have something about him for united to keep hold.

Welcome Davide
  • Options

Sounds like a talent but at 22 I would expected him to have made more of an impact.

But maybe this is the move he needs and he is the player that will give us a extra something.

Welcome and good luck

PS how is his surname pronounced?

Hoddle