Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Davide Petrucci **SIGNED ON LOAN**

Comments

• Options
    It does appear that very few of the incoming players are ready for this season.
  • Options
    If he was being touted as a replacement for Pirlo then being slow is a pre-requisite!
  • Options
    Sort your act out fella - or you will be going back early.
  • Options

If he was being touted as a replacement for Pirlo then being slow is a pre-requisite!

Replacement for Omar Pouso more like!
  • Options
    I thought he was at fault for the goal, gave the ball away and should then have fouled the bloke to take a yellow and stop the attack....but.....he looked like he had some ability and hopefully will not make the same mistake again, to be fair, Poyet did something similar when he first came into the team and look at him now. My concern is there are too few games left to spend getting someone up to speed so when he gets his next chance he needs to take it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Rusty, not up to speed, inexperienced and possibly having a look at him for next year hmmmmm............... not exactly what we need right now though is it :-(
  • Options
    Difficult to judge him on that. I thought he looked a long way off the pace (a really long way off) - doesn't mean he doesn't have any ability, just that he's really rusty. Trouble is, we don't have time to wait for him to get back up to speed and be useful. Wouldn't write him off yet but unless he has an exceptional capacity to get himself match fit quickly then I'm not sure he'll be much use in these last few games.
  • Options
    Was definitely at fault for the goal as he lost the ball but nobody really takes responsibility in the attacking third – build ups are too slow so gave the defender time to intercept. Not sure what options we have- we are clearly better suited to letting teams come at us than having to make something happen. I fear for tomorrow night.
  • Options
    If only we still had frimpong and eggert jonsson as well.....those two and petrucci would have been a dream midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not seen anything yet to inspire optimism.
  • Options

I thought he was at fault for the goal, gave the ball away and should then have fouled the bloke to take a yellow and stop the attack....but.....he looked like he had some ability and hopefully will not make the same mistake again, to be fair, Poyet did something similar when he first came into the team and look at him now. My concern is there are too few games left to spend getting someone up to speed so when he gets his next chance he needs to take it.

He gave the ball away on the reading 18 yard box that happens all the time with all teams hardly a major mistake , it's then down to the midfield and defenders to win it back . I think he will be alright with a run of games.
  • Options
    can't knock him for giving the ball away 80 yards from our own goal but the run back looked a bit half hearted
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yann897 said:

He gave the ball away on the reading 18 yard box that happens all the time with all teams hardly a major mistake , it's then down to the midfield and defenders to win it back . I think he will be alright with a run of games.
    I agree with @Yann897‌ . Its not like he lost the ball outside our 18 yard box by fannying about. There was almost the full length of the pitch for someone to stop him. Harsh to put tha fault at his door. Yes he lost the ball but where was the rest of the team in between the Reading player and the goal.
  • Options
    I agree with Athletico - one of the rare moments when we had numbers up - he needed to take a booking for the team there
  • Options
    Played for the U21's today along with Nego, so won't be involved tomorrow i take it.
  • Options

Played for the U21's today along with Nego, so won't be involved tomorrow i take it.

doubt man utd will be happy he's gone on loan from their u21s, just to play in our u21s..
    You'd think he has no chance of winning a new contract there (despite the poor state of their midfield), so they probably don't give a toss.
  • Options

doubt man utd will be happy he's gone on loan from their u21s, just to play in our u21s..

• Options
    Swisdom said:

He wanted the ball, got involved and I thought did pretty well. He's recovering from a long term injury and is going to be rusty. In fairness I'm not sure if he will get up to speed this season so you have to wonder whether or not he is being lined with a view to a more permanent move

Sadly people only remember the error for the goal so feel he should now be hung, drawn and quartered.

He's the most creative midfielder we have. He played well at Derby, yes he should have done something with the ball before giving it away for their goal, but Williams still had to run the length of the pitch before being allowed to hit it. Petrucci isn't the only one who could have stopped him.
  • Options

Poyet is the new Pirlo. Fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If he's going to play for the first team again this season, he needs to get sharper so match time is good for him, even if it's for the U21s.
  • Options

If he's going to play for the first team again this season, he needs to get sharper so match time is good for him, even if it's for the U21s.

Which is probably why he played a full game for them yesterday.

• Options
    I am still baffled as to why we have brought this player into the squad. Is he so far behind with fitness we cannot chance him? if so how many games are going to go by before he is fit, or are we looking at him with a view to purchase for next season. If this is the case, we seem to be getting players ready for next season instead of sorting out this one.
  • Options
    This season's Eggert Jonsson.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

This season's Eggert Jonsson.

Or Tom Hovi?
  • Options
    He didn't play for the U21s either this week, so it's not as if they think he needs games under his belt before being ready to start?
  • Options
    i wonder if he still thinks he has joined a good team ?
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

Could have sat back and taken the money at Man Utd but decided to move on to get games.

Didn't think he was all that with us but it was a difficult time.
  • Options
    I quite liked him, he had a touch of class but needed to get up to match speed / fitness. With a good pre-season behind him he could have been a good player.