Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Davide Petrucci **SIGNED ON LOAN**

Comments

• Options
    Watched the videos and can't see him playing anywhere but central midfield. Wouldn't class him as too versatile but looks like he will pick out a pass most every time. Holds up ball, retains possession so should give attacking players time to think and move. Doesn't attempt to take on players much, either holds on to ball to see who's moving or he's seen a pass before ball arrives. Seems to moves at same pace and rhythm regardless, good sign perhaps, like Yaya Toure.

As he has said already, his job will be to make sure we retain possession, we might need to get used to lots of 5 yard sideway passes if nothing happening in front of him.
  • Options

Watched the videos and can't see him playing anywhere but central midfield. Wouldn't class him as too versatile but looks like he will pick out a pass most every time. Holds up ball, retains possession so should give attacking players time to think and move. Doesn't attempt to take on players much, either holds on to ball to see who's moving or he's seen a pass before ball arrives. Seems to moves at same pace and rhythm regardless, good sign perhaps, like Yaya Toure.

As he has said already, his job will be to make sure we retain possession, we might need to get used to lots of 5 yard sideway passes if nothing happening in front of him.

Don't have a problem with that as long as there are players trying to find space in front of him. All the time we have possession it'll be difficult to have goals scored against us ;-)
  • Options
    Looks a good footballer but very similar to Astrit - not sure where he will fit in.
  • Options
    Think he's in for a bit of a shock...
  • Options
    Looks like a centre mid to me as well. At least it frees up Jordan to play out wide right in his best position ;0)
  • Options
    Would have preferred a winger but if there was only shit available then at least JR has used it on a player that fits his apparent model.

So many games in so little time we need as many players as possible, especially in centre midfield on our pitch.
  • Options
    I see he has been given the 18 shirt hopefully he'll be as good as the last bloke to wear it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By the looks of it Petrucci fits into the more passing based game we played in the second half against Forest.

My one concern is the Valley pitch. Riga had mentioned a more direct style of play which must have been referring to home games where the pitch is not particularly conducive to keeping the ball on the (bobbly) ground. I would imagine this is why we were trying with Eagles who would be more suited to direct(er) football.

I think this signing suggests we will have to sacrifice some width to play a more fluid three up front system. This suits players like Jackson, Cousins, Poyet and Astrit, and may well work against other ball playing sides like Forest or Derby. Equally I fear it may come unstuck against a battling side on a pitch like the current one at The Valley.

Bearing in mind our two key must-win/not lose games are at home against sides likely to be battling, this worries me a bit.

However, Riga has stood up well to most problems he has encountered so far, so I guess we'll have to trust he does the same again.
  • Options

Quote: “I am more technical than physical. I like to play with the ball. I am happy to be here because when I spoke with [José Riga] he told me that he likes to keep the ball all the time. To try to win games by mastering the ball and have a good style of play.”

Same Psychology of Mr Wenger

And i am not for one minute suggesting Jose is as good Wenger but its how i want to see the team i support play on match days.

Bizarrely, if certain recent surveys are to be believed, you are very much in the minority with that ridiculous point of view. Passing the ball from man to man along the ground? Whatever next?

I really don't know how the poor souls who mourn the loss of Chris Powell will be able to cope with it. I suppose there's always Millwall.

• Options
    I thought he looked decent in the 10 minutes he had against Derby. knows how to make space and looks to play the ball forward. Hope he gets a bit longer against Leeds.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I was just reading an article on Italy's chances at the World Cup written in 2012 after the Euro's final.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/euro-2012/2012/07/02/3214663/italy-can-reach-the-final-at-world-cup-2014-and-here-is-how

They were discussing how if Pirlo hadn't performed well up until 2014 Italy will need to find a trequartisa who can change a game.

Then I came across this in the comments section written 635 days ago:

"Davide Petrucci of Man Utd- he can be Italys trequartisa but he needs first team football at Utd soon or move to Italy..."

2 years on and he's on loan at Charlton Athletic fighting for survival in the second tier of English football.

Having said that, he must have serious talent in there somewhere if he's been signed by United and looked at as highly as not only potential international level of any country, but he was considered as potential international level for Italy.
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance, did he play last night?
  • Options
    Came on as a late sub for Reza played wide right although that had to be pointed out to me so no major impact.
  • Options
    Think he came on for Poyet
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Poyet gave away the pen - in the 94th minute
  • Options
    Uboat said:

“I want to play if possible, but it is a good team. I already know that."

I don't think the poor lad even knows who he's signed for.

Take note Thuram.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Kap10 said:

Poyet gave away the non pen - in the 94th minute
    Fixed that for you mate :-)
  • Options
    Thought he looked good apart from the mistake. Should start him and Reza against Yeovil.
  • Options
    He was bollocks
  • Options

He was bollocks

Ditto.
  • Options

He was bollocks

And not the dog's either...
  • Options
    Having watched their goal again on the highlights Petrucci shows an alarming lack of pace. Maybe AA has been giving him sprinting lessons?
    Hard to tell what he offers based on the game yesterday?
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

More chance of getting a youngster in like this , was very highly rated , still don't think it's the winger we need but the more bodies in the better .

But I think we need to focus on the players/positions we actually need rather than getting in anyone and everyone...?!
  • Options
    Bilko said:

He was bollocks

Ditto.
    Squared.
  • Options
    Wasn't impressed but pretty much the whole team got worse as the game went on.
  • Options
    He wanted the ball, got involved and I thought did pretty well. He's recovering from a long term injury and is going to be rusty. In fairness I'm not sure if he will get up to speed this season so you have to wonder whether or not he is being lined with a view to a more permanent move

Sadly people only remember the error for the goal so feel he should now be hung, drawn and quartered.