Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£150 season tickets

Comments

• Options
    The pricing structure for next season is certainly an interesting experiment.

Personally I can't for the life of me work out how this is going to prove financially beneficial to the Club, so I'm working on the basis that people cleverer than me have been profiling various response models and they tick the right boxes, and been approved by other people even more clever than them. Hopefully that proves true and that isn't just hopeful thinking.

One thing I will say though is that though I am wise enough to appreciate anything the club attempt is aimed primarily at raising revenues, this does potentially address one of my key issues that the most condensed and vocal part of the ground was the bit furthest away from the pitch.

Personally I'd have gone about it in a much different way, but this at least has a go at addressing that, even if it is not the motive.
  • Options
    I'm very tempted to take a chance on getting one in a block and sitting in my usual seat in e block

Might mean walking along the rows every game if it is stewarded properly but frankly the new pricing is a joke and I am very reluctant to pay the price for block e next season

When the person next to you is paying a oner less a season that's not right
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I have renewed in my existing seat in E Block because, the odd away fan in the box behind me aside, I think its great value over a season at £450 and a top view of the pitch.

The £150 seats in A Block seem incredible value and I do hope its full, noisy and makes for a better atmosphere.

I know my cousin has migrated there and is bringing both children instead of the oldest and brother has bought one for him & his daughter for the first time in a decade, this is down to the pricing so the family has gone from 4 to 7 ST's and spent spent a higher figure with the club so must be a good thing for all?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Never mind all that @cafcfan‌ who's bringing the drum in :-0
  • Options

I'm very tempted to take a chance on getting one in a block and sitting in my usual seat in e block

Can't see the turnstile staff/stewards being too bothered. I had a ST for the north upper, yet quite frequently used it to gain access to the east to go sit with some mates.....................
  • Options
    Can you hear the North Stand sing noooo noooo.

Can't wait for this one.
  • Options
    And the reply will be..

"You're there, cos you've got no job
    You're there, cos you've got no job
    You're there, cos you've got no job"
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I know my cousin has migrated there and is bringing both children instead of the oldest and brother has bought one for him & his daughter for the first time in a decade, this is down to the pricing so the family has gone from 4 to 7 ST's and spent spent a higher figure with the club so must be a good thing for all?

Conversely, with nine of us and a VIP moving from the East & Family Enclosure to the West Upper the cost of renewal this season has gone from £2,750 to £1,960 - that's a £790 saving - or almost the same as 5 adults and one U11 ST in Block A.

• Options

Can you hear the North Stand sing noooo noooo.

Can't wait for this one.

or `north stand where are you?'
  • Options
    edited March 2014

And the reply will be..

"You're there, cos you've got no job
    You're there, cos you've got no job"

And the next come back from the 'A' team will be

'Paying for my ticket
    You know you're paying for my ticket
    Paying for my ticket
    You know you're paying for my ticket'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst the west stand will be............

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I have renewed in my existing seat in E Block because, the odd away fan in the box behind me aside, I think its great value over a season at £450 and a top view of the pitch.

The £150 seats in A Block seem incredible value and I do hope its full, noisy and makes for a better atmosphere.

Out of interest how often did you cousin go this season?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Danny went most weeks so far but as he is in the family stand we often train it and he drives. Michael my brother went to Sheff Utd and Burnley (borrowed mine) and despite 2 defeats realised how much he missed it and the prices clinched the deal.

Fair point about your spend Addickted there are bargains to be had thats for sure.
  • Options
    That was my point about the "new" £150 fans being those were were most likely paying that much already by buying 8 or 10 match tickets.

Certainly some bargains for fans which is good and more ST holder which is also good.

But as Addickted's case shows there is a real possibility of the Club being at lot worse off financially.

It that was Sainsbury or B + Q we wouldn't care as we're only bothered about our side of the deal.

But as fans we also want the Club to do well and have money to spend on players wages and fees. £1m = 20k pw or enough to tempt Poyet and some other players to sign up or enough to re-build the pitch.

Maybe it has all be costed out or maybe RD is willing to cover losses like this short term so that we can maximise income in the Premier League. Certainly this ticket pricing was said to be preparation fror being in the Prem in the renewal forms.

But then the same documents contained the hastily withdrawn Crossbars offer so I have my doubts.

• Options
    Block A will sell out soonish and block B is good value at £11 per game for the season-ticket. There are only 500 odd Block A seats so there will be some lost revenue but the club can say once and for all that price is NOT a sticking point for those wondering whether to renew or not.
    I've seen the staff wearing the £150 t-shirts in the box office and the message is clear as people walk up and pay £26 or whatever for a single ticket.
    Perhaps 10% of the A Block purchasers might choose to blag the new set up and the Club will need to develop an effective response else they may have to abandon the £150 ticket after just one season. Will it be aggressive stewarding or a simple "parking ticket" response with a penalty if you are in the wrong seat. But in the bigger picture of 15,000 crowds I don't see this as an issue.
    And if the Valley starts filling up again then there will be less opportunity for people to do this.
    Impossible to tell how many fans will shift one or two blocks to the left or right to avail of cheaper prices. Overall I would hope that many of the fans who dropped out from last season to come back and hopefully some of those from previous years? Perhaps the season ticket base will climb back to 11-12,000... but this will also depend upon results and our likely league status.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    So, are all you lot in A block going to dress in black and claim to be the new Charlton ultra? :-)
  • Options
    Surely the whole point of the exercise is to stop the drifting away of fans, start bringing some back and attract new ones. I've had the same seat for the past 16 years. Renewing it was a habit and habits are not good. The crossbars deal suits me nicely so I've changed seats for next season and I'm already looking forward to it. I spent many a happy time in the old covered end even though for most of it we were rubbish. The upper north aint the covered but its close enough. As far as I'm concerned the pricing is a step in the right direction. Fill the ground cheaply and you make more money in the long term. If they sell out the £150 tickets they should price another block the same.
  • Options
    It will be good to have a bit of home atmosphere down that end again, which was sadly lost when the jimmy seed was handed over entirely to away support following the redevelopment of the north. The thousand or so Charlton in the south stand used to make some good noise.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

It will be good to have a bit of home atmosphere down that end again, which was sadly lost when the jimmy seed was handed over entirely to away support following the redevelopment of the north. The thousand or so Charlton in the south stand used to make some good noise.

It will deffo make a change to hear some nosie down the end of the east. North end of the ground is not as noisy as the south end. I wanna be near the away fans so my voice can be heard!!! plus once A block is sold out we can take B block also...
  • Options
    Although I can understand the temptation to buy a £150 ticket and move to a more expensive seat in the East anyone considering doing this just ask yourself are you really supporting the club in doing this or are you just trying to watch local football on the cheap? It's a new inititive the club is trying out and I think everyone needs to respect the boundaries set by the club rather than trying to squeeze a better deal out of the club for themselves.

For those querying why they should pay £100 more than somebody else in the next block along It's the same at the O2 Arena you can pay £35 for a ticket in the lower tier nearer to the front or you can pay £25 for a cheaper seat towards the back of the same block but if you play it smart and know the layout of the O2 Arena well you can get yourself a £25 seat directly behind somebody else who paid £35. My point is if you are unhappy paying £100 more than someone in the next seat to you then move yourself into that seat and save £100. Or if you want to save £200+ then move to A block.

The point is the club has laid it out so effectively in terms of the view you get what you pay for. You want a better view then be prepared to pay more, if you want to go on the cheap then buy a cheap ticket but whatever you decide to do just sit in the seat you choose to pay for rather than trying to cheat the club paying for a £150 ticket and moving to somewhere more expensive.

Also someone mentioned that the club only makes £1 per person for buying food, drinks, programmes etc, well as it sounds like a lot of Block A will be those who have migrated from the North Upper then it stands to good reason they will spend more money than the average A block punter this season on beer so the club ought to make more than £1 per person? Also if it means the North Upper will be emptier next season then maybe those who get put off by the long half time queues might actually spend more money knowing they will be able to buy half time food / drink and be back in time for the 2nd half where at the moment it is almost impossible to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Buying a season ticket for A Block and sitting in your previous seat seems like fraud to me - bit like benefit cheats!
  • Options

Buying a season ticket for A Block and sitting in your previous seat seems like fraud to me - bit like benefit cheats!

I don't know where this suggestion has come from. But I won't be doing that for certain. I don't even know why people are detracting from making the A block a singing block into people sitting elsewhere in the stand....

• Options
    MSE7 said:

I don't know where this suggestion has come from. But I won't be doing that for certain. I don't even know why people are detracting from making the A block a singing block into people sitting elsewhere in the stand....

Because people have said they are going to do that. Buy a cheap seat but then sit in a more central, dearer block. Cheating fellow fans, cheating the Club.

• Options

MSE7 said:

Because people have said they are going to do that. Buy a cheap seat but then sit in a more central, dearer block. Cheating fellow fans, cheating the Club.

cheating themselves
  • Options
    I'm up for BLOCK A next season, Only if we get a singing group there though, I'm not one of those people to sit and hush for 90 mins
  • Options
    Yes mate A block will be singing. I no a fair few lads from J block going in there also
  • Options
    can't wait now, hopefully it is such a success they'll expand it into the B Block next season, or even (far into the future) expand it into the SE corner once it eventually gets built ;-)
  • Options
    Should have made a bit of north lower £150. We should pack out the north lower and get great atmosphere behind that goal. Might even get a goal out of spongefoot that way.
  • Options
    To open now. Get to wet when it rains