Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    Easy to forget the flashback which delved into the history of the beginnings of the White Walkers as well.

Great episode.
  • Options
    Often with long running book and tv series somethings are never explained, I didn't expect to find out the origin of the Whitewalkers, I thought it would just be a case of they are what they are. But loved the explanation and then thought the Hodor stuff was immense, I also wondered if George had that in mind the whole time or if it was a later creation by him or the tv bods?
  • Options
    Hodor, brilliant TV at the end!
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Often with long running book and tv series somethings are never explained, I didn't expect to find out the origin of the Whitewalkers, I thought it would just be a case of they are what they are. But loved the explanation and then thought the Hodor stuff was immense, I also wondered if George had that in mind the whole time or if it was a later creation by him or the tv bods?

It was the plan all along. Go to 1:22:47 on this video.

http://youtu.be/Vcy-EhkHXnE
  • Options

cfgs said:

Ok well that is one hell of a long plot line, proper brilliant though. Cheers.
  • Options
    Hodor, Hodor Hodor? HODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
  • Options

That got me more than the Red Wedding.

Hadn't felt like that at the end of an episode since they did Ned in. Sensational telly... but... the bastards, why do you have to do that to poor Hodor?

He'll be the Keith Jones level unsung hero of Westeros now though I guess.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Shut Hold the front Door

• Options
    Lots going on in that one and all pretty damn good! Was really well done with Hodor. For a guy that only ever said one word that was a big emotional kick at the end. Cracking TV
  • Options
    Hodor - not as funny as it was now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh shit!

Summer too now only Aryas wolf Nymeria and Jons wolf Ghost left now

I'm saddened by this episode.
  • Options
    Christ.

I sat there at 40mins and thought not the best episode this week, not much has happened. From Bran seeing the white walkers onwards was so intense.
  • Options
    Makes you wonder what else Bran is going to influence inadvertently. It's Interesting that he can affect the past, but at the same time he can't change anything. Mad King whispers, the voice in the flame for Varys... How far does it go?

Who will Theon and co. go to? Sansa? Does she need a fleet?

I forgot about the Littlefinger scene. Shows how good an episode it was when that's a forgotten bit. What's his next move? Hope for forgiveness from Sansa? Surely he won't go against her...

Dorne has fallen off the map.

Direwolves die too easily.

Tormund's eye game was on point.
  • Options
    Summer is dead, winter is coming.
  • Options
    Jesus. Why.
  • Options
    Tormund and Brienne is brilliant.
  • Options
    If anyone else spotted the cameo, one of the mummers Arya went to go watch (the Ned Stark actor) might be more recognisable as a British comedy actor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQzby9_NVo
  • Options
    And Richard E Grant playing Robert Baratheon.

And a rather attractive actress playing Sansa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think the show makers are trying to build towards a conclusion now. No doubt a good few twists to come yet but my guesses are:

Theon and co to Sansa & John. The few iron born they have with them will be added to what army John can raise and they will fight Ramsey, possibly with Theon or his sister getting some revenge for penisgate.

Meanwhile the rest of the Iron Born build their fleet and take it to Danny.

Now it's just Bran and the girl and the White Walkers are stalking them, they'll surely have to head south of the wall. Possibly for a big family reunion at Winterfell. Presumably via a Bran time travel flash back thing the truth about John's mum will come out and it'll turn out him and Danny are related as has been previously predicted.

The scene last night where the white walker infantry couldn't cross the cordon of fire, but the officers, could seemed significant given one of the lead characters happens to have a brace of fire breathing lizards in her basement. John takes back the North. Danny conquers King's Landing and becomes queen of Westeros. The two of them have a big family reunion fighting White Walkers with Dragons and all that and we all live happily ever after.

Or, all men die (as we know they must) but Sansa and Danny are the ones that survive and win out.

Not sure where Arya is going to fit into all that though, but presumably she is going to something significant at some point.
  • Options

And Richard E Grant playing Robert Baratheon.

And a rather attractive actress playing Sansa.

Eline Powell.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Think the show makers are trying to build towards a conclusion now. No doubt a good few twists to come yet but my guesses are:

Theon and co to Sansa & John. The few iron born they have with them will be added to what army John can raise and they will fight Ramsey, possibly with Theon or his sister getting some revenge for penisgate.

Meanwhile the rest of the Iron Born build their fleet and take it to Danny.

Now it's just Bran and the girl and the White Walkers are stalking them, they'll surely have to head south of the wall. Possibly for a big family reunion at Winterfell. Presumably via a Bran time travel flash back thing the truth about John's mum will come out and it'll turn out him and Danny are related as has been previously predicted.

The scene last night where the white walker infantry couldn't cross the cordon of fire, but the officers, could seemed significant given one of the lead characters happens to have a brace of fire breathing lizards in her basement. John takes back the North. Danny conquers King's Landing and becomes queen of Westeros. The two of them have a big family reunion fighting White Walkers with Dragons and all that and we all live happily ever after.

Or, all men die (as we know they must) but Sansa and Danny are the ones that survive and win out.

Not sure where Arya is going to fit into all that though, but presumably she is going to something significant at some point.

I'm presuming that Bran can only have his visions through using the power of Weirwood trees. Obviously the three eyed raven and his tree is lost now... there's only one other significant tree in the story that I can think of and that's the one in the Godswood at Winterfell.

I'm reckoning that's where Bran will finally learn everything about Jon. Whether Jon is still alive at that point, who knows...
  • Options
    I feel like I would have been sadder about Hodor dying if they hadn't killed another one of the bloody wolves off.
  • Options
    The death of Bran's direwolf was symbolic. Summer is over now, winter has well and truly arrived in Westeros.

The death of Hodor was a powerful one, but no where near as powerful as the idea that Bran can influence the past as well as the present and to such an extent.

Bran is being set up to have a massive, massive role in the end of the season/series, and I'd wager it involves either Dany's dragons, or Ice Dragons which if I recall correctly hace been mentioned in the show/books.

Either way, all of Jon, Dany and Bran are in key positions, accompanied now by Euron and Sansa. This season is undoubtedly the best so far.
  • Options

I feel like I would have been sadder about Hodor dying if they hadn't killed another one of the bloody wolves off.

Just think of the money they will save and the goodies that will buy.
  • Options
    absolutely brilliant, feel exactly the same level of pure sadness as after the red wedding.
  • Options

cfgs said:

you can tell he knows exactly why. And this is why the books take so long to write, they're so dense and so much background has to be written before he writes a word of the books.
  • Options
    Not every hero wears a cape, some just hold the door.

Stolen from the comment section on a Facebook post, but thought it was worth a share.