Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    Also, how bleak are the Iron Islands? Nothing grows there so you have to spend your life on the rob, it's freezing and rainy, and if you get a chance to become king there then they drown you and hope you chuck it back up and start breathing.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    And their crown is appalling.
  • Options
    I think that Samwell will end up being a hero, also think that GRRM has based him on himself.
  • Options
    Does anyone think John will take Danny up the north mountain ?
  • Options

I've thought about this episode more, and basically Bran waits until everyone is asleep to go on his little vision quest on his own, which he knows he's not supposed to do because he'll dick it up alone. Which he does. He gets touched by the Night King, which allows hundreds of zombies to stroll in and kill his mentor, all the remaining Children who have survived for thousands of years without Bran's bloody input, and his pet wolf. He then goes back in time and shatters a young boy's mind, leaving him to spend 30-odd years as a giant brainless husk so he can eventually unwillingly block a door while he gets torn to shreds by angry zombie fingers just so Bran can be dragged away on a sled into wintry nowhere by his mate because the useless twat can't even walk.

What a prick.

Bit harsh but yeah, I was thinking the same thing! Brilliant episode. Poor old Hodor!

• Options
    edited May 2016
    If only he had died when Jamie pushed him, would have saved a lot of hassle for everyone.

Him ignoring his mother's orders started this all off.

How did the old boy know the Night King was stood opposite him whilst he was in dream land?
  • Options

I've thought about this episode more, and basically Bran waits until everyone is asleep to go on his little vision quest on his own, which he knows he's not supposed to do because he'll dick it up alone. Which he does. He gets touched by the Night King, which allows hundreds of zombies to stroll in and kill his mentor, all the remaining Children who have survived for thousands of years without Bran's bloody input, and his pet wolf. He then goes back in time and shatters a young boy's mind, leaving him to spend 30-odd years as a giant brainless husk so he can eventually unwillingly block a door while he gets torn to shreds by angry zombie fingers just so Bran can be dragged away on a sled into wintry nowhere by his mate because the useless twat can't even walk.

What a prick.

To be fair it was the three eyed Raven who took him to where Hodor became Hodor. He knew it had to happen.

The children of the forest got what they deserved for creating the white walkers in the first place
  • Options

What a prick.

To be fair it was the three eyed Raven who took him to where Hodor became Hodor. He knew it had to happen.

The children of the forest got what they deserved for creating the white walkers in the first place
    You'd think the three eyed raven just saying 'try to not be a prick' might have been a better lesson to be honest. I feel like I'd have more sympathy for Bran if he was still a small child like he is in the books. I struggle to cut gangly teenage whinebag any slack.

Considering the first men tried to kill all the Children you could say people got what they deserved. But it's ok. So far White Walkers have been killed by Sam and small girl Jon Snow so I don't think anyone should be overly concerned by them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What a prick.

You'd think the three eyed raven just saying 'try to not be a prick' might have been a better lesson to be honest. I feel like I'd have more sympathy for Bran if he was still a small child like he is in the books. I struggle to cut gangly teenage whinebag any slack.

Considering the first men tried to kill all the Children you could say people got what they deserved. But it's ok. So far White Walkers have been killed by Sam and small girl Jon Snow so I don't think anyone should be overly concerned by them.
    There don't seem to be many left now? Sure they'll change some bsbies again and increase in numbers though or something.
  • Options

What a prick.

agreed, I thought with the gap of an entire season they might recast bran to a younger actor, but i think that just would've confused the audience.
  • Options

What a prick.

Bran still made his own choices, he just didn't know he'd already made them.

What should concern anyone south of the wall is, Bran has been touched by the Wight guy, which undid the protective magic of the tree place.

So what happens when he decides to go past the wall again? Isn't that protected by similar magic?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

What a prick.

Bran still made his own choices, he just didn't know he'd already made them.

What should concern anyone south of the wall is, Bran has been touched by the Wight guy, which undid the protective magic of the tree place.

So what happens when he decides to go past the wall again? Isn't that protected by similar magic?
    Hopefully that should be the final lesson for Bran and he can become useful for once. The Raven was always telling Bran that the past is set, and Bran always tried to resist. Now though, seeing that Hodor was always destined to become Hodor and Bran was always destined to make him that way he should see that he can't fix the past and start helping.

This next bit is speculation, but if it turns out to be true I'm sure some people will be upset so don't read it if you don't like fan theories. I can't remember how to do that spoiler tag business.

I really like the idea that Bran is the one who drives the Mad King mad. There's all this stuff about how the Mad King would hear whispers and in the end all he could say was 'burn them all' while stashing tonnes of Wildfire under the castle in King's Landing. Imagine if Bran induced him to do this so that when the White Walkers get to King's Landing they can set this enormous fire off and wipe them all out in one go. It would save the world, but it would also be the start of a war that led directly to the death of his grandfather, uncle and aunt, and then by extension consumed his whole family. All the Stark miseries started when the Mad King chose to kill Ned's dad instead of sorting his own son out, so Bran would have wiped out the Starks to save the world, which is a very Stark thing to do.
  • Options
    The one that was killed yesterday by Meera 'I could be Jon's sister' Reed, with a spear to the throat, was that not the one Jon smashed up?

• Options

Think the show makers are trying to build towards a conclusion now. No doubt a good few twists to come yet but my guesses are:

Theon and co to Sansa & John. The few iron born they have with them will be added to what army John can raise and they will fight Ramsey, possibly with Theon or his sister getting some revenge for penisgate.

Meanwhile the rest of the Iron Born build their fleet and take it to Danny.

Now it's just Bran and the girl and the White Walkers are stalking them, they'll surely have to head south of the wall. Possibly for a big family reunion at Winterfell. Presumably via a Bran time travel flash back thing the truth about John's mum will come out and it'll turn out him and Danny are related as has been previously predicted.

The scene last night where the white walker infantry couldn't cross the cordon of fire, but the officers, could seemed significant given one of the lead characters happens to have a brace of fire breathing lizards in her basement. John takes back the North. Danny conquers King's Landing and becomes queen of Westeros. The two of them have a big family reunion fighting White Walkers with Dragons and all that and we all live happily ever after.

Or, all men die (as we know they must) but Sansa and Danny are the ones that survive and win out.

Not sure where Arya is going to fit into all that though, but presumably she is going to something significant at some point.

I'm presuming that Bran can only have his visions through using the power of Weirwood trees. Obviously the three eyed raven and his tree is lost now... there's only one other significant tree in the story that I can think of and that's the one in the Godswood at Winterfell.

I'm reckoning that's where Bran will finally learn everything about Jon. Whether Jon is still alive at that point, who knows...
    There's quite a few weirwood trees about in the north and beyond the wall, including where Jon snow makes his oath for the night's watch.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

The one that was killed yesterday by Meera 'I could be Jon's sister' Reed, with a spear to the throat, was that not the one Jon smashed up?

you have to remember crastor kept them with a steady supply of children for god knows how long, and you wonder if similar deals had been in place accross the lands of always winter. That's why i'd say a lot of them look similar.
  • Options
    Where's Gendry at these days as well, as far as we are aware he is still alive, right?

Is he going to be the one to figure out how to make Valyrian steel in order to fight the White Walkers? Especially as, if I recall correctly, most of the dragon glass is located on the island where the Baratheon family seat is currently located and Gendry is probably Robert's bastard and all his other heirs are dead.
  • Options

Where's Gendry at these days as well, as far as we are aware he is still alive, right?

Is he going to be the one to figure out how to make Valyrian steel in order to fight the White Walkers? Especially as, if I recall correctly, most of the dragon glass is located on the island where the Baratheon family seat is currently located and Gendry is probably Robert's bastard and all his other heirs are dead.

Never considered that - interesting theory Gendry making Valyrian Steel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016

Never considered that - interesting theory Gendry making Valyrian Steel.
    He made that fine helmet when he was an apprentice in King's Landing, I think that was supposed to signify he has an unusually natural aptitude for black smithing.

I believe there is another theory that he is actually legitimate, and therefore the rightful heir to the throne. The theory goes something like the miscarriage that Cersai supposedly had was actually him and she gave him away because he was Robert's and not Jamie's. It's supposed to mirror some piece of greek mythology involving the god of blacksmiths being given away at birth.
  • Options
    They didn't burn Hodor's body.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

To be fair, they were a bit pre-occupied at the time.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Rizzo said:

Fiiish said:

Agreed, but if you don't burn the body, what do the White Walkers do to it?

Also if the tree bloke could see into the future, why didn't he tell Bran at the beginning of the training "Btw lad if you see this blue fecker don't let him touch you". Or was this the plan the whole time?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Rizzo said:

Fiiish said:

Also if the tree bloke could see into the future, why didn't he tell Bran at the beginning of the training "Btw lad if you see this blue fecker don't let him touch you". Or was this the plan the whole time?
    He knew it would happen, but he didn't realise how soon it would. It had to happen, otherwise Hodor wouldn't have been Hodor and been able to take bran the other side of the wall.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Rizzo said:

Fiiish said:

He knew it would happen, but he didn't realise how soon it would. It had to happen, otherwise Hodor wouldn't have been Hodor and been able to take bran the other side of the wall.
    Agreed , I think its also how he knew that Bran had been touched even though he wasn't in the vision.
  • Options
  • Options
    Too soon.

*sobs*