Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Message from the board

Comments

• Options
    why she'd want to engage with neandethal man from here I'll never know
  • Options
    Strikes me as just trying to keep us sweet in the run up to the season-ticket renewal deadline, without actually addressing any of our concerns, in the hope that we'll all just renew anyway.

Why are Katrien and Roland so busy at the moment? The transfer window isn't open at the moment, and unless Roland has started helping out in the ticket office and writing the matchday programme, as well as taking an unhealthy interest in team selection, then I don't see why this is such a busy time of year for them.
  • Options
    In summary:

We are running things our way.
    Some of you don't like it.
    You will have to wait until the end of the season to discuss it.

The reason for this is:

Even though the board don't kick footballs or take training, we are still too busy with 2 games a week.

Eventually, when the end of season and meeting does take place:

We stay up = "We told you we know what we are doing, and we took the right action at the right time"

We go down = "We inherited many problems and could not correct them in time to avoid relegation"

#two princes
  • Options
    edited March 2014

why she'd want to engage with neandethal man from here I'll never know

Engage ??! It's all happening rather too sudden...
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Strikes me as just trying to keep us sweet in the run up to the season-ticket renewal deadline, without actually addressing any of our concerns, in the hope that we'll all just renew anyway.

Why are Katrien and Roland so busy at the moment? The transfer window isn't open at the moment, and unless Roland has started helping out in the ticket office and writing the matchday programme, as well as taking an unhealthy interest in team selection, then I don't see why this is such a busy time of year for them.

The concerns will still be there at the end of the Season.How do you know the schedules of Katrien and Roland? Your comment about trying to keep us sweet in the run up to Season ticket renewals is farcical. If they wanted to keep us that sweet they wouldn't have sacked Powell.

We have had more communication from this board that the whole of the reign of the chuckle brothers and you still moan.

Did you complain about the lack of communication from the last board?

• Options
    She looks about 16. And if the rumour of the last minute phone call to halt the Kermogant sale is to be believed, then we really are run by a naive bunch.

Amatuer hour at the Valley
  • Options
    what rumour??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rumour on here that she tried to communicate the depth of fan feeling over the sale of Kermogant in order to halt it at the last minute.

Even if its not true, the whole thing still smacks of amatuer hour. This time 4 years ago she appears to have been on her third short term "placement" in a law firm. She has impressive names on her CV, if we were wanting a lawyer.
  • Options

new contract discussions, academy planning applications, work re new pitch requirements, work on a new sponsor for next season, who knows what else to improve things. whatever it may be I'm sure Katrin isn't sitting on her arse doing nothing all day like most on here .........

I agree with you Large and on the Neanderthal thing as well but then say "I'm really busy with these specific things"

I do also agree with Valiant Phil as now the window is shut the games and relegation don't stop non-football staff communicating or having meetings.

Yes, there is still lots to do but tell people what that is. We'ren't we fighting relegation when we had the RM, CP and KM at the VIP meeting.
  • Options
    Why should they list specifics? Maybe they can't until they are confirmed. It doesn't serve a good purpose to kick rumor mills into overdrive as a result of hinting what they have in the pipeline.

They're busy, but they'll get round to meeting - why can't that be good enough?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    dickplumb said:

Can't speak for MrLargo but I complained frequently about the lack of comms from the last board (and a lot more) and was told that that were doing a good job, saved us from Admin, were putting their own money in (ha ha) so we shouldn't moan, we should let them get on with it, they were businessmen and knew what they were doing, they haven't sacked Powell and we won league 1.

Now it seems that the last lot weren't any good after all so we can't question the new lot of the basis that they aren't as bad as the lot before. On that basis we'll never, ever be allowed to question or complain about any regime :- )

And in case anyone isn't clear, or cares at all, I think RD will be good for the Club but it will be a few rough years before the good times come and I back Riga to do a good job.
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

Rumour on here that she tried to communicate the depth of fan feeling over the sale of Kermogant in order to halt it at the last minute.

Even if its not true, the whole thing still smacks of amatuer hour. This time 4 years ago she appears to have been on her third short term "placement" in a law firm. She has impressive names on her CV, if we were wanting a lawyer.

LOL. So it isn't true but her not trying to halt it still smacks of amateurism?
  • Options
    I really like the fact that the new regime has obviously understood that communication has, previously, been a problem and seem honestly willing to try and do something about it.

Of course there will always be limitations on what they can say - both in terms of time and other practical issues that have already been raised - but they do give the impression of being being people who are amenable to talking to the fans, rather than considering us as a bunch of punters who should just pay up and shut up.

As, as others have said, all this 'would ya', 'oh it's only a joke' nonsense is embarrassing and some people really need to have a word with themselves.
  • Options
    I just like hearing Roland getting angry and going "huh!" all the time ... as I've said before I've just got this sneaking suspicion he's gonna gonna get it right all the time... IF we stay up its gonna be a quite fantastic end of season... and a very hopeful summer ...
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

The concerns will still be there at the end of the Season.How do you know the schedules of Katrien and Roland? Your comment about trying to keep us sweet in the run up to Season ticket renewals is farcical. If they wanted to keep us that sweet they wouldn't have sacked Powell.

We have had more communication from this board that the whole of the reign of the chuckle brothers and you still moan.

Yep, I complained about the lack of communication from the last board, and now I'm taking a cynical view about the latest communication from the new board.

I don't know about Katrien and Roland's schedules, except that they have implied in their statement (which you clearly consider to be a work of literary genius) that they are busy specifically because of the two games a week run-in to the end of the season and the battle against relegation - considering that neither of them have so far officially joined the playing or coaching staff, I fail to see why they are so busy at this time of year compared to other parts of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we would all agree that this lot communicate better than the last lot. In fact they are very media savvy, particularly social media, which is great for getting everyone on side so board and fans are much more united.

However where this lot fall down is on getting deals done, I'm glad TJ and Ms are gone but do you think if they had been in charge of the negotiations we would have got more accross the line? I do.

I'm hoping that they are not so media savvy that all these deals we keep hearing about they are trying (and failing) to pull off are just flim flam put about as part of a PR camplaign.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    MrLargo said:

dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

Yep, I complained about the lack of communication from the last board, and now I'm taking a cynical view about the latest communication from the new board.

I don't know about Katrien and Roland's schedules, except that they have implied in their statement (which you clearly consider to be a work of literary genius) that they are busy specifically because of the two games a week run-in to the end of the season and the battle against relegation - considering that neither of them have so far officially joined the playing or coaching staff, I fail to see why they are so busy at this time of year compared to other parts of the season.

'considering that neither of them have so far officially joined the playing or coaching staff, I fail to see why they are so busy at this time of year'

I find this a particularly ridiculous comment, not sure whether it is supposed to be smart - I assume you realise that there is a business side to football?

There is next season (at least) for them to worry about. Currently, I would imagine that behind the scenes the non-playing / coaching staff are busy working on strategies, budgets etc for the two (very different) possible outcomes of this season - whether it be job cuts / recruitment, player signings dependent on league status. There is often talk in football of the 5 year plan (which often has the goal of reaching the Premiership), but there also needs to be long-term plans and allowances (5 year plan, if you will) for the non-football side. Any business that doesn't plan for the future, deserves to fail.
    I would guess they would have a lot more time on their hands if we were safe from relegation as they would then only be planning for one eventuality next season (which in turn will affect following years)
  • Options
    KM, come and get us !

• Options

MrLargo said:

dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

'considering that neither of them have so far officially joined the playing or coaching staff, I fail to see why they are so busy at this time of year'

I find this a particularly ridiculous comment, not sure whether it is supposed to be smart - I assume you realise that there is a business side to football?

There is next season (at least) for them to worry about. Currently, I would imagine that behind the scenes the non-playing / coaching staff are busy working on strategies, budgets etc for the two (very different) possible outcomes of this season - whether it be job cuts / recruitment, player signings dependent on league status. There is often talk in football of the 5 year plan (which often has the goal of reaching the Premiership), but there also needs to be long-term plans and allowances (5 year plan, if you will) for the non-football side. Any business that doesn't plan for the future, deserves to fail.
    I would guess they would have a lot more time on their hands if we were safe from relegation as they would then only be planning for one eventuality next season (which in turn will affect following years)
    In that case it's a real shame that they didn't make a small but sensible investment in the playing squad when they first arrived, whilst retaining the best players from the squad that they inherited. We'd be well clear of any relegation worries and they'd probably be busy planning our semi-final trip to Wembley, rather than the possibility of being in Division 3.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

In that case it's a real shame that they didn't make a small but sensible investment in the playing squad when they first arrived, whilst retaining the best players from the squad that they inherited. We'd be well clear of any relegation worries and they'd probably be busy planning our semi-final trip to Wembley, rather than the possibility of being in Division 3.

'We'd be well clear of any relegation worries' Really? As has been said in untold threads, it was our STRONGER squad that got us in to the relegation scrap, it is our WEAKER squad that has (for the moment) gotten us out of the relegation zone.
  • Options

I think we would all agree that this lot communicate better than the last lot. In fact they are very media savvy, particularly social media, which is great for getting everyone on side so board and fans are much more united.

However where this lot fall down is on getting deals done, I'm glad TJ and Ms are gone but do you think if they had been in charge of the negotiations we would have got more accross the line? I do.
    I'm hoping that they are not so media savvy that all these deals we keep hearing about they are trying (and failing) to pull off are just flim flam put about as part of a PR camplaign.

how can you say that? What deals did TJ get across the line in the last twelve months or so? Button? Who we had to sell a year later to pay the deferred fee due. Wilson? Who we could only sign when we did because Stevenage deferred the initial fee for a while? Add to that releasing Fuller, Haynes because we could no longer afford them. Not to forget letting the whole squad practically go out of contract this summer. They could have tied down Kermy to a longer term contract earlier but didn't so RD get the blame for that instead. And how is RD to blame if Wickham, Eagles, Best etc turn us down even though we were willing to pay all their salary? And RD has signed up Wiggins and Jacko will a couple more to come soon. Next you will be blaming RD for TJ not letting CP play Poyet earlier in the season because we couldn't afford it. Maybe if he could have he would still be here (CP) and we wouldn't be struggling at the foot of the table.

• Options

Kiely#1 said:

LOL? Note the seperate paragraphs and the qualification of the first as a rumour.. Even if one isn't true, the other is, according to her Linked-in profile. Still amatuer hour.

• Options
    Two words "shared vision"
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

Kiely#1 said:

LOL? Note the seperate paragraphs and the qualification of the first as a rumour.. Even if one isn't true, the other is, according to her Linked-in profile. Still amatuer hour.

Just keeping on repeating the words "amateur hour" doesn't make them any more true. I would say that their approach is extremely professional, actually. Well done to Katrien for making it clear that the new board do value ongoing communication with the supporters.
  • Options

how can you say that? What deals did TJ get across the line in the last twelve months or so? Button? Who we had to sell a year later to pay the deferred fee due. Wilson? Who we could only sign when we did because Stevenage deferred the initial fee for a while? Add to that releasing Fuller, Haynes because we could no longer afford them. Not to forget letting the whole squad practically go out of contract this summer. They could have tied down Kermy to a longer term contract earlier but didn't so RD get the blame for that instead. And how is RD to blame if Wickham, Eagles, Best etc turn us down even though we were willing to pay all their salary? And RD has signed up Wiggins and Jacko will a couple more to come soon. Next you will be blaming RD for TJ not letting CP play Poyet earlier in the season because we couldn't afford it. Maybe if he could have he would still be here (CP) and we wouldn't be struggling at the foot of the table.

I'm not trying to defend the indefencible. As I said, i'm glad TJ and MS are gone for all the reasons you've put. But the point you've missed is that before 12 months ago, when they had funds, they went out and signed players, good players that did something for this club. They didn't leak out all the players we tried to sign, they either went out and signed them or were quiet. Since this new lot have come in we hear, indirectly and directly, about all the offers we've put in and all the players we've tried to sign, but that doesn't change the fact that the ones we have signed have not been good enough and have certainly not replaced the ones that the new regieme have thought it prudent to sell. There was no footballing reasons for transfering Alnwick, Stephens and Kermogant, just financial ones. In fact, If we had kept Kermogant, woudl his contract have not extended for another year in any case. I keep hearing he refused to play against huddersfield because it would have triggered an extenison. Isn't it just as likely that we didn't play him because it would have triggered one at his current wage, not the one we'd offered, probably lower, allbeit on a 2 year deal.

I'm happy that the new board communicate better with fans, I just wish they would actually come through with the signings we need to progress. This summer is going to be a big test. If I keep hearing about the nearly men and we continue to sign the also rans then I for one won't be happy.