Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Message from the board

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I've not clicked on the links of what was said, but can we please get over the Fact we have a female boss, we're going way off topic, although if Katrien is going to make you renew your season ticket maybe that's a good thing.

Are people really anti RD at the moment?

Sure he's sacked a popular manager and flogged off our best players at the last minute, maybe we needed a boot up the arse/ different role of the dice, time will tell.

I guess at least when the last board came in they brought in a popular ex player as manager and signed a goalscorer to get the fans onboard, only when the cash dried up did the cracks appear.
  • Options
    The 'message' simply follows the run of other outputs since they have took over that has them say things in a controlled environment that actually says very little. Buys time, keeps any potential probers at arms length. Busy at the moment is a bit of a cop out that always could be used.

Don't blame them really, and from their perspective I think they have handled it reasonably well. As others have said, a huge mark up on the old lot. That should never be held as the benchmark though.

We are in the results business, and the two wins achieved in the last week certainly buys them slack and makes their wishes to keep things at arms length acceptable at this point in time.

Some of the other stuff on this thread I find a bit cringey to be honest, but perhaps I'm just getting old and sad.
  • Options
    Charlton fans never cease to amaze. The club say they won't be communicating with fans until the season is over and some come on here congratulating them for communicating with us? Slater and Jiminez decided not to bother with the fans as we weren't wealthy enough to be of any consequence. Duchatelet has made some mistakes but he's also making positive steps but they are making a hash of telling us the story. Screaming out for a bright Communications Supremo, just like the one whom Slater and Jiminez neutered and encouraged to resign. The main reason that there is an anti-brigade at the moment is because the network model appears to stifle the personal ambition of our club at the expense of others. If that's not the intention, grasp the nettle and spell it out. If you can't, suggest you continue to prevaricate and focus on the positives.
  • Options

The 'message' simply follows the run of other outputs since they have took over that has them say things in a controlled environment that actually says very little. Buys time, keeps any potential probers at arms length. Busy at the moment is a bit of a cop out that always could be used.

Don't blame them really, and from their perspective I think they have handled it reasonably well. As others have said, a huge mark up on the old lot. That should never be held as the benchmark though.

We are in the results business, and the two wins achieved in the last week certainly buys them slack and makes their wishes to keep things at arms length acceptable at this point in time.

Some of the other stuff on this thread I find a bit cringey to be honest, but perhaps I'm just getting old and sad.

Agreed and by the way you're just a youngster :-)
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

Strikes me as just trying to keep us sweet in the run up to the season-ticket renewal deadline, without actually addressing any of our concerns, in the hope that we'll all just renew anyway.

Why are Katrien and Roland so busy at the moment? The transfer window isn't open at the moment, and unless Roland has started helping out in the ticket office and writing the matchday programme, as well as taking an unhealthy interest in team selection, then I don't see why this is such a busy time of year for them.

The concerns will still be there at the end of the Season.How do you know the schedules of Katrien and Roland? Your comment about trying to keep us sweet in the run up to Season ticket renewals is farcical. If they wanted to keep us that sweet they wouldn't have sacked Powell.

We have had more communication from this board that the whole of the reign of the chuckle brothers and you still moan.

Did you complain about the lack of communication from the last board?

The deadline for best value season tickets is 9th April not end of season. Largo's point may have some validity.
  • Options

IMO Katrien is indeed a very attractive young woman. I'm very sorry if you find that offensive Katrien!
    Now if anyone would care to say similar of me, you would make my year. The best I ever get is "you're not THAT old daddy", or "you're not THAT fat daddy" or "you're not THAT grey daddy.
    I think the CL lefty/green PC brigade need to chill a little. Man has been attracted to women since Adam & Eve and without sexual attraction, none of us would be here. Being disrespectful is one thing, saying that you find a woman attractive is something completely different.

Tell you what, put a picture of your wife up here and then let a bunch of strangers tell the world if they'd like to fuck her or not.

I take it you'd be OK with that?
    MY God, you're crude! Why does "wouldya" have to be "f**k her? I suppose in your mind it does. To me it's innuendo and it's open to interpretation according to how your mind works. This is the very basis of so much of humor. For me it would be taking her out for a nice meal and talking about the mighty Addicks. The only crass and crude posts on this thread have been yours. I have read that she has lovely eyes and that she's "stunning", I have read that she looks very young, these are what's known as compliments. Just as I have read on other threads, the women of CL talk of Poyet's lovely hair, or Chris Powell's lovely smile and dapper sense of dress. I suppose in your world we should condemn that as well? or does it only apply to us blokes. If the club want's to avoid such remarks in the future, perhaps they should consider not putting up a big picture of her rather attractive face, or perhaps make her cover her face so that us men are unable to see her.
  • Options
    It shows how much the lack of real communication from our owners is getting to us when we're all resorting to arguing over a would ya of Katrien...

.. I wonder if that's why Roland employed her. huh
  • Options

wow sad as f__k all this.

--there is the Trust
    --G21

--The Board dont communicate
    --The Board do communicate --but its deemed wrong communication

--We are sexist
    --We are sad and sexist
    --We are old sad and sexist
    --We are sad

--Powell is God
    --RD is the saviour

in the mean time we are fighting to stay in this league---which will go to the wire. Why not stop your in fighting and bitching until the season is over.

You missed we are old.