Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Message from the board

Comments

• Options
    It's good that we're getting communications from the owners, even if the actual content is predictably general and uninteresting...
  • Options

Two words "shared vision"

Exactly, Queensland. The fact that Katrien and the Board are communicating is good, but these two words are a very hopeful sign that there will be real engagement with the fans rather than just churning messages out to us. Another positive step by the new regime, in my opinion. I really can't understand the cynicism about it from some fans. Whether or not Roland's intentions towards Charlton are all positive remains to be seen, and will only really emerge over the next few months, but I feel we really should give them the benefit of any doubt at this stage.
  • Options
    No, you're right Red_Pete, well done to them on the comms, I'd be interested to hear why you think she is to be judged a professional when it comes to running a football club though.

I think she is too young, too inexperienced even in her first chosen field. I don't think Slater had bags of football experience but at least he had a few decades business experience to point to, not that I'd want them back in.
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

No, you're right Red_Pete, well done to them on the comms, I'd be interested to hear why you think she is to be judged a professional when it comes to running a football club though.

I think she is too young, too inexperienced even in her first chosen field. I don't think Slater had bags of football experience but at least he had a few decades business experience to point to, not that I'd want them back in.

Well hopefully she at least won't be dodgy!

• Options
    When I saw the interview Katrien on You Tube, I noitced she had a nice smile and I could picture her on Centre Court holding that golden and silver dish in the air.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Kiely#1 said:

She looks about 16. And if the rumour of the last minute phone call to halt the Kermogant sale is to be believed, then we really are run by a naive bunch.

Amatuer hour at the Valley

What was that then, I haven't read anything ? Sorry have just seen the answers to this one
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

But then wasn't Slater a football hooligan, judging by what happened to him when following Man City in Europe :-)
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

Rumour on here that she tried to communicate the depth of fan feeling over the sale of Kermogant in order to halt it at the last minute.

Even if its not true, the whole thing still smacks of amatuer hour. This time 4 years ago she appears to have been on her third short term "placement" in a law firm. She has impressive names on her CV, if we were wanting a lawyer.

You keep spelling amateur wrong you amatuer
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Kiely#1 said:

Rumour on here that she tried to communicate the depth of fan feeling over the sale of Kermogant in order to halt it at the last minute.

Even if its not true, the whole thing still smacks of amatuer hour. This time 4 years ago she appears to have been on her third short term "placement" in a law firm. She has impressive names on her CV, if we were wanting a lawyer.

You keep spelling amateur wrong you amatuer
    Explains why I get no results when I google housewives.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Katrien. Is. Stunning.

Wait. Was there a message from the board or something? Doesn't matter. Those eyes...

Bloody hell, is she!! Is 41 too old to develop a crush?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Strikes me as just trying to keep us sweet in the run up to the season-ticket renewal deadline, without actually addressing any of our concerns, in the hope that we'll all just renew anyway.

Why are Katrien and Roland so busy at the moment? The transfer window isn't open at the moment, and unless Roland has started helping out in the ticket office and writing the matchday programme, as well as taking an unhealthy interest in team selection, then I don't see why this is such a busy time of year for them.

Every organisation that requests annual subs from members/subscribers will put on a charm offensive in the period leading up to subs request date.
    However why would you alienate or plain pi55 off your customer base as new owners of a business.

Roly and Katrien have got off to a good start:

1. The plans for Cat A Academy.
    2. The big development plans for Sparrows Lane.
    3. The appointment of a new head coach/ manager who plays a progressive style and has galvanised the playing staff.
    4. Saved CAFC from potential Admin.
    5. Katrien coming out of the West stand offices an hour b4 kick off to engage in conversation with fans happy to answer a range of questions.

Sounds a great deal more promising than the fans dialog with TJ & Co and so I am very happy to give Roly & Katrien the benefit of the doubt at this time.

Ps I much prefer Katrien in her glasses ;-)))
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

Experience at allegedly being reprimanded by the Law Society more like.
  • Options
    I have to say RD bought the club and doesn't have to answer to anyone, we are kidding ourselves if we think his worried about some not buying tickets next year.
  • Options
    Having been a long term critic of much of what has been going on both on and off the pitch in recent years, I am now greatly heartened on both fronts.

If I were involved with the club right now I would tread very carefully with supporter engagement because I think the judgement of many of the more prominent and vocal characters is very questionable.

What seems odd to me is how a satisfaction with the old football management that served up football that was far from easy on the eye, ties in with a heavy scepticism about the underlying aims of the new owner. In other words Powell was great and Duchatelet can't be trusted. That's the badge that most of these people would wear.

I don't trust them.
  • Options
    Though I have majorly disagreed with some of the decisions that have been made since the new regime came in, it does seem nice that they take the time to communicate here and there.

Katrien and Jose in particular come across as very likeable and approachable.

I've noticed that Palace's chairman is actually on Twitter and answers a lot of fan questions directly. I'm not expecting that though!
  • Options
    IMO Katrien is indeed a very attractive young woman. I'm very sorry if you find that offensive Katrien!
    Now if anyone would care to say similar of me, you would make my year. The best I ever get is "you're not THAT old daddy", or "you're not THAT fat daddy" or "you're not THAT grey daddy.
    I think the CL lefty/green PC brigade need to chill a little. Man has been attracted to women since Adam & Eve and without sexual attraction, none of us would be here. Being disrespectful is one thing, saying that you find a woman attractive is something completely different.
  • Options

IMO Katrien is indeed a very attractive young woman. I'm very sorry if you find that offensive Katrien!
    Now if anyone would care to say similar of me, you would make my year. The best I ever get is "you're not THAT old daddy", or "you're not THAT fat daddy" or "you're not THAT grey daddy.
    I think the CL lefty/green PC brigade need to chill a little. Man has been attracted to women since Adam & Eve and without sexual attraction, none of us would be here. Being disrespectful is one thing, saying that you find a woman attractive is something completely different.

Tell you what, put a picture of your wife up here and then let a bunch of strangers tell the world if they'd like to fuck her or not.

I take it you'd be OK with that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take my wife someone. Anyone?
  • Options

Whatever you say is fine by me Katrien. :)

Smitten?
  • Options

Tell you what, put a picture of your wife up here and then let a bunch of strangers tell the world if they'd like to fuck her or not.

I take it you'd be OK with that?
    Yet you still think it amusing to have an avatar which is clearly there to question the sexuality of the Foreign Secretary.

You keep that hypocrisy going Ormy.

• Options

How much is Roly paying his employees? Katrien always wears the same top and Jose the same suit?!

Or they're like Einstein and have multiples of the same thing.
  • Options

I think most of you must have shit in your eyes

Classy guy.
    You disagree?
    I think you can tell from the comments that most disagree with you so one wonders if you're just looking for a reaction?
  • Options
    I hope the staunch defence of the anti wouldya brigade gets you as much snatch as you can handle

Should anyone wish to post pics of your wives I can categorically say

I would
  • Options

Lastly KM is indeed an attractive young lady but far more importantly she is also an intelligent, very well educated and articulate person who is running our club on a day to day basis. Can we move on from the "would ya" crap now. OK, when she joined it might have been a, cringeworthy, bit of "fun" but do we have to have it every time her photo appears? All a bit sad and undermining IMO and not needed. Don't you realise that she will be reading all that crap?

Thanks for those comments Henry. I also find some of these post embarrassing.
    Seconded.
  • Options

I hope the staunch defence of the anti wouldya brigade gets you as much snatch as you can handle

Should anyone wish to post pics of your wives I can categorically say

I would

• Options
    i am all over that addickted
  • Options
    Do people really believe women don't like being called or thought of as attractive? Its not like anybody is accusing her of only getting the job because she's shagging the boss or undermining her credentials. And I haven't ever seen one comment suggesting that she shouldn't be working in football because she's female. I bet no one kicked up a fuss about Charlton live's sexy 11 and ugly 11 last week.