Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-April 9th Season Ticket Prices **EARLY BIRD PRICES FROZEN UNTIL END OF SEASON**

Comments

• Options
    Again like goonerhater said we have got to be the only fans to moan about something like this , how pathetic
  • Options
    Some people are gonna be pleased with this, some people are gonna feel like they've been tricked into paying early. Can understand both sides.
  • Options
    I've paid £135 for a season ticket, not going to bitch and moan
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Again like goonerhater said we have got to be the only fans to moan about something like this , how pathetic

Call it pathetic if you want, I relented at the last min to fork out a few hundred quid I can't really afford to at the mo because I couldnt face being 'punished' a month or two later with a higher price.

I thought the whole point of coaxing early payment out of people four months before a balls kicked was in turn to provide a bit of an incentive to do so?

That don't affect or bother you, fine.
  • Options

Some people are gonna be pleased with this, some people are gonna feel like they've been tricked into paying early. Can understand both sides.

Agree.

The problem will come next season if and when they set an early bird deadline and everyone says "yeah, yeah, they just extended it last year, this will be the same".
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Yann897 said:

Call it pathetic if you want, I relented at the last min to fork out a few hundred quid I can't really afford to at the mo because I couldnt face being 'punished' a month or two later with a higher price.

I thought the whole point of coaxing early payment out of people four months before a balls kicked was in turn to provide a bit of an incentive to do so?

That don't affect or bother you, fine.
    Surly you knew there was the risk that it could of happened though ?
    Even then it's only going up by £25 so i just think it's good pricing and we shouldn't really be moaning.
  • Options
    Would be nice to get an update on numbers.

Despite the loyal fans rhetoric etc. I can only imagine this has unfolded because uptake has not been as hoped.

I feel for people who have paid early when there was no need to, I was expecting and prepared to pay a £30-50 premium post-deadline but am obviously happy I don't have to.

Complete mess from beginning to end this process - shame though because I think the intentions and initiatives were good, execution has let it down.
  • Options
    With a relegation fight this was bound to be a possibility, must mean renewals weren't as good as expected surely - the reason for that is a good question?
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

So bombarding fans with texts and emails leading up to April 9th stressing it was the ‘deadline’ to buy 2014/15 season tickets at a certain price but then announcing 5 days afterwards that it wasn’t is good practice in your book?

Or is it just because you’re pleased you didn’t buy yours by April 9th – “seeing as we don't know what division were gonna be in next season”….?
  • Options
    On a selfish note I'm delighted. However it's gonna be a kick in the teeth for people who are paying finance fees, overdraft fees etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    micks1950 said:

Yann897 said:

So bombarding fans with texts and emails leading up to April 9th stressing it was the ‘deadline’ to buy 2014/15 season tickets at a certain price but then announcing 5 days afterwards that it wasn’t is good practice in your book?

Or is it just because you’re pleased you didn’t buy yours by April 9th – “seeing as we don't know what division were gonna be in next season”….?
    No I havnt bought one yet but I will regardless of what division were in.

And regardless of price I will buy one , the main problem is what Henry Irving said is if they do the early bird next season people be wary
    But for me it was always a chance if our position wasn't known then there was a chance of this happening.
  • Options
    An idea.

Those who bought early this year ought to be given the option to purchase at any early bird season ticket price next year, right up to the start of the 2015/2016 season.
  • Options
    “The initial response from fans has been very strong and early indications are that approximately 10 per cent of ticket sales are coming from new members, with more than half of that number choosing to sit in a range of zones around the ground."

Very strange comment, where are the other half sitting? :-)
  • Options
    Do you think its meant to suggest 5%+ of existing STs relocated to the cheaper areas?
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

Yann897 said:

I agree with this. I renewed my tickets early and I'm OK with having done that, but I'd say that what the Club have done is sharp practice. It isn't really on to announce a "buy now while stocks last" promotion and then having suckered people in explain you've found some more supply or, in this case, that the price is not changing.

Those people who struggled to find the money to renew have every right to feel very aggrieved.
    seth plum said:

An idea.

Those who bought early this year ought to be given the option to purchase at any early bird season ticket price next year, right up to the start of the 2015/2016 season.

This is very clever. Wouldn't cost the Club much, but would be the right gesture in the circumstances. Very good PR.
  • Options

“The initial response from fans has been very strong and early indications are that approximately 10 per cent of ticket sales are coming from new members, with more than half of that number choosing to sit in a range of zones around the ground."

Surely it means that half of the new members have purchased in A Block & half elsewhere ?
  • Options
    razil said:

Do you think its meant to suggest 5%+ of existing STs relocated to the cheaper areas?

My last week hasn't gone to plan, and as a result haven't had the chance to write up the survey we did just before the deadline (apologies).

But in relation to your above point, 11% of existing and renewing ST holders were relocating to a cheaper price option compared to 2% relocating to a more expensive price option.

I'll try and get the rest of the 'results' out tomorrow

• Options
    Yann897 said:

Please point me to the moaning posts. I can't see more than one, but that doesn't stop the the usual 'only our fans' gibberish.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    To be honest pissed off about this. We paid £600 in good faith
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't bother me one bit, it was always going to cost me £285 regardless of whether I paid it last week or tomorrow or next month.

I'm sure the club will re-evaluate prices once it's confirmed what division we're in next season.

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about especially on the Facebook page you'd think prices just doubled with some of the reactions on there.
  • Options

razil said:

My last week hasn't gone to plan, and as a result haven't had the chance to write up the survey we did just before the deadline (apologies).

But in relation to your above point, 11% of existing and renewing ST holders were relocating to a cheaper price option compared to 2% relocating to a more expensive price option.

I'll try and get the rest of the 'results' out tomorrow

That's a very interesting statistic as I would have expected more to move, perhaps 20-25%? Especially given that somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 sit in the North or quadrants where there is no price difference (unless you move to East Stand A block!).

The club really do need to build a more trusting relationship with the hard core support though their communications. Staying up will obviously help but mixed messages about whether fans have to move seats or not and what is the deadline are unneccesary and detract from what should be a simple appeal to back the club when the chips are down. There would be so much less room for rumour and mistrust if the club played it straight down the middle.

And as for long term fans they should be rewarding them with some kind of guaranteed / discount price in the premier league once we return there. The club needs the money now to compete whereas we all know we will sell out back in the FAPL so time to reward those who are keeping the faith!

• Options
    That's the risk one takes I guess.

I renewed before 9 April mainly because of concerns that the Asset Sweater might try to steal my seats once again for his precious Crossbar.

I may have missed it but I've still not seen it officially confirmed (although the Trust has made reference to being "reliably informed" which is not necessarily the same thing) that existing seats are being reserved after April 9.

• Options
    I am annoyed about this. I feel as though I've been lied to, bullied and, to a smaller degree, threatened. If the club had no intention of increasing prices they should have said so. It has cost me more by paying early for the ticket. I took a gamble that the cost of paying early would be less than the increase. If they'd only increased my £450 ticket by £5 I would haven't have minded because I took a punt.

I don't want to be overly dramatic but this is another example of business practice that would prevent me from ever doing business with the company again if it were not Charlton. I think that is a massive mistake by those running the club, and is about as big an insult as I can think of - from a business point of view.

It is clear to me that sales have been low and they are panicking. Frankly, if we are safe after the Watford game (which could well happen) then it will be possible for fans to secure a season ticket for Championship football for the same price that I paid when I knew that I might have been watching third division football. The message here is that those that give their most loyal and unconditional support are not to be respected if it means that those that are not so supportive can be sold to.
  • Options
    They could, and should, have made this announcement two weeks ago. That way it wouldn't have come across as so dishonest. The blurb on the web site says that it is due to the uncertainty, but I had at least three texts reminding me that the discount was running out, one of them was on the 8th or the 9th. They must have known then that our league status wasn't going to be known by the deadline.

Very sharp practice!
  • Options

They're the ones in the new safe standing zones.
  • Options
    Very naughty by the club this. Had 3 texts last week from the club reminding me that I had to renew by a certain date. My finances aren't great at the moment so would've loved the extra time. I think the people that renewed early have a right to feel aggrieved at this
  • Options
    Serious question (yes, I do have one now and then):

Club took my money from my bank account 2 weeks ago, but have yet to confirm my ticket, not a single word. At the time of the transfer there was still seats available in this area (A block massive). I'm half expecting them to finally contact me to say they're all gone and would I like to purchase a more expensive seat.

Do you think I should contact the club or leave it a while longer?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Fook me. Have I got this wrong ? Are all these complaints, because the club have extended their generous offer by a further 19 days ?

If so, 19 days isn't really a big deal is it ?

Are people really up shit street, because they could have kept their money for a further 19 days ?

I think I must have misunderstood.

PS KHA if you think loyalty is being penalised (which it it slightly) you want to be a 5 yr VIP. I'm well out of pocket.

The five year season ticket holders have been completely shafted, however, had the club been promoted to the Premier League they would have been in pocket so it was a different type of gamble.

I agree that 19 days is not a significant period of time, but to text me three times warning me that I would lose the early purchase discount on the 9th only to extend it is, without question, dishonest. It's not what I expect from any business that has any kind of integrity, and does irreparable damage to the current owners reputation. We will, never, be able to trust anything they say again and it was so easily avoidable.

I believed what RD said when he told us we are not a feeder club. Now I can't believe him and that puts them under more pressure if/when they come out in the summer to answer for themselves.

If it's only 19 days why didn't the club extend it to all fans?