Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-April 9th Season Ticket Prices **EARLY BIRD PRICES FROZEN UNTIL END OF SEASON**

1235»

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

seth plum said:

The word 'final' in the club statement is a clue to everything. If we could get the early bird rate in early May it would've been through another pay/pension day, and allowed a bit more time to economise, plan, and save up, and develop a credible excuse for the partner when we tell them we're spending family budget on more football.
    What credibility is there in what the club say if they chop and change regarding such a fundamental issue?

No credibility whatsoever - best boycott and don't, whatever you do, buy a shirt or programme next season as per KHA's epic statement of intent.
    I see you have formulated your plan of action then.

• Options
    Pissed off with this, I would have waited had I known because third division with standard leige reserve team doesn't appeal at all & I would have chosen my games rather than buying a season ticket. If that makes me any less a Charlton supporter after 45 years many of them following us all over the country & almost every home game then go ahead & crucify me
  • Options

Pissed off with this, I would have waited had I known because third division with standard leige reserve team doesn't appeal at all & I would have chosen my games rather than buying a season ticket. If that makes me any less a Charlton supporter after 45 years many of them following us all over the country & almost every home game then go ahead & crucify me

Sorry, don't understand your logic - surely the chances of Div 3 football when you bought the ticket was pretty much the same as now? And the price is the same. So if it doesn't appeal to you now why did it appeal to you earlier?

No crucifixion from me though. Unless you are willing to pay for the wood, nails and hammer. :-) (B&Q always have a sale on at Easter.....)
  • Options
    Could this not have all been avoided by simply releasing the post-deadline ST prices? Or am I being thick and missing something
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The word 'final' in the club statement is a clue to everything. If we could get the early bird rate in early May it would've been through another pay/pension day, and allowed a bit more time to economise, plan, and save up, and develop a credible excuse for the partner when we tell them we're spending family budget on more football.
    What credibility is there in what the club say if they chop and change regarding such a fundamental issue?

Agreed the club could have handled this a lot better with the wording but on the flip side it shouldn't matter if the early bird rate was in April or May we know season ticket's always go on sale about this time of year every year so we always have 12 months to economise, plan and save up each year knowing the price will always roughly be the same and fortunately for a lot next season, cheaper. 12 months also allows a long time to come up with those credible excuses too :)

While I can sympathise money is tight for a lot of people I would have actually thought it better for those who have the money saved up to give it to the club early and have it paid for and out of the way than potentially keep hold of the money for another month and possibly spend it elsewhere and have to find an alternative plan to get the money.
  • Options
    Many people can and do plan, but many people also have to adapt to changing circumstances a bit at a time. For some, and extra month before payment could help.
  • Options
    Never mind the "since I was young " nonsense - we should have followed Middlesbrough's marketing campaign;

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1H8yqceC0Ww