Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

And more importantly, if everybody claims then it becomes a substantial burden on them. The only way they will improve is if not doing so effects the bottom line. If everybody claims those £4 quickly add up to the point where they have to sort out their service or risk big hits to their income. If nobody claims because it's "only £4" then nothing will ever change, they can offer any level of service they like and it won't effect their profitability.

Yeah I agree. Wasn't suggesting that people shouldn't bother, just making the point that it isn't enough.
    Fair enough, and you're right. The airline industry (albeit forced by those nasty EU politicians) pay far better compensation for delays.
  • Options
    if u hear people walking on the roof please let South Eastern know
  • Options

if u hear people walking on the roof please let South Eastern know

So they can send the ticket inspectors up there...

• Options
    Can't wait to see the Bermondsey Dive Under in action, that'll sort it all aht!
  • Options

The thing with Southeastern is that they may be able to continually lay the blame at the door of National Rail when it comes to the actual running of their service, however it doesn't excuse every single one of their staff members, especially at Charing Cross Station, being an arrogant, rude, usless c**t.

Arseholes.

Thats what happens when you pay peanuts. Its been a long time since it was seem as big thing to work on the railway.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

The thing with Southeastern is that they may be able to continually lay the blame at the door of National Rail when it comes to the actual running of their service, however it doesn't excuse every single one of their staff members, especially at Charing Cross Station, being an arrogant, rude, usless c**t.

Arseholes.

Thats what happens when you pay peanuts. Its been a long time since it was seem as big thing to work on the railway.
    What 1875?
  • Options
    Sidcup line f*****d, managed to get on a B*********h line at Lewisham.
  • Options
    Well, no more of this daily nonsense for me now. I'm off to put my feet up and relax.

I'll have to leave the monitoring of the Bermondsey Dive-Under and re-laying of the track to London Bridge, to you to Brendan.

Keep me posted please.
  • Options

Well, no more of this daily nonsense for me now. I'm off to put my feet up and relax.

I'll have to leave the monitoring of the Bermondsey Dive-Under and re-laying of the track to London Bridge, to you to Brendan.

Keep me posted please.

Good on you m_a_m. Enjoy your retirement my friend.

I will of course keep you posted, well for the foreseeable anyway. I'm currently in discussions about going on a 2 year secondment to Washington D.C. (very early conversations at the moment) so may not be around to suffer it much longer myself. For now though, I promise to moan away on this thread. :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options

Newsflash::

Southeasterns parent company DC Washington transit in conjunction with US transit company Network Railroad have just signed a 10 year $450m contract to run services into DC central station which is to be redeveloped over a 5 year period from 2016....

A train crash waiting to happen, if ever I saw one lol.
  • Options
    For the Rotherham game this saturday

Planned engineering work will take place.
    Between Charlton and Slade Green
    From 01:15, Saturday 12 September 2015 to 04:00, Monday 14 September 2015.
    Some services will be replaced by buses between Charlton and Dartford.

Additional Information:
    There are no train services calling at (in alphabetical order) Abbey Wood, Belvedere, Erith, Plumstead, Slade Green, Woolwich Arsenal or Woolwich Dockyard. However, there are replacement bus services, calling at these stations, operating in each direction between Charlton and Dartford.
    Please note: London Cannon Street/Gillingham services will be diverted between Blackheath and Dartford, calling additionally at Eltham and Bexleyheath as a result of this diversion, there are no train services operating between Blackheath and Charlton.
    Passengers who wish to make this journey can do so by via the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) between Lewisham and Greenwich. Valid train tickets will be accepted for travel on the DLR, in either direction, between Lewisham and Greenwich.
  • Options
    Was on a train out of london bridge. They decided to divert it once we had already departed. First we knew was when it went towards new cross instead of deptford. Was in a hurry to get home tonight. I would love to take the head of Southeastern's whole family and just aimlessly put them on a train for an hour once a week and then tell them to make their way home.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So Monday saw a new autumn timetable designed to allow for leaf fall. This timetable will mean trains will run earlier, so 3 days of 3, the 7:06 from BX has been?

Fooking later than normal.
  • Options
    Train journeys into London will be fun over the Christmas and new year period -

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/your-journey/engineering-work/christmas-new-year/
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Train journeys into London will be fun over the Christmas and new year period -

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/your-journey/engineering-work/christmas-new-year/

Just when you think things can't get any worse ..
  • Options
    What a f*****g joke, how the hell can they get away with it? Luckily I'm off from the 23rd until Jan 4th, pity those who aren't.
  • Options

What a f*****g joke, how the hell can they get away with it? Luckily I'm off from the 23rd until Jan 4th, pity those who aren't.

Same. Piss take for those that have to work over that period.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's pretty shocking. I'm off but my work mate who's covering won't be bothering. All four??
  • Options
    Absolute fucking joke. Thankfully, we're closed between Xmas and NY but pity the poor sods who have to get into London over that period.
  • Options
    That's 4 of us offf already. I sense a piss up brewing.
  • Options
    One train every half hour on the Sidcup line between Christmas and New Year and its going to Blackfriars - that handy hub where all the tube lines you could ever want all meet.
  • Options
    My condolences @AFKABartram I assume this means that the Cannon St Wetherspoons is closed as well mate!! :wink:

Have to say that I am so glad to be back in Canary Wharf. 5 years in Oxford Street was a complete pain in the ar$e for travelling to/from home.

Just ridiculous that they can get away with shutting all 4 stations. Blackfriars not to bad a trek from Cannon St, but wouldn't back against the whole thing going into meltdown!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

My condolences @AFKABartram I assume this means that the Cannon St Wetherspoons is closed as well mate!! :wink:

I'll be well tanked before i get to Cannon St on those days :-)
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

I'll be well tanked before i get to Cannon St on those days :-)
    You'll be waiting a while, if you're still going to Cannon Street pal :smiley:
  • Options
    Trespasser at New Cross, power is off, no trains going anywhere.
  • Options

Trespasser at New Cross, power is off, no trains going anywhere.

Got sorted abut 20 mins ago. Unfortunately I'd been sitting outside London Bridge for nearly half hour, desperately need a Jimmy, and still not got back to Sidcup yet :-(
  • Options
    How many trespassers do Southeastern get on their lines? What's the attraction or is it a lie as they've screwed up the service again?