Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The drunk thread, v2.0

Comments

• Options

Anyone got a good hangover cure??

Haggis and bacon roll and a pint of Iron bru.

• Options

and by 'thailand' I mean any country within 5 hours of my border.

Laos
    Thailand
    Cambodia
    Vietnam

Still, depends if you are on your own or with the Mrs.

All the places you mentioned are excellent, Laos for me if you want cheap but no beaches.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

We've got the neighbours in tonight for our annual "little drinky poos" as it's known in the street. It can get a little rowdy and has been known to go on past 10 o/clock, last year they consumed almost 2 bottles of wine between 8 of them. :( can't feckin wait!

Have a goodun Teece
    It's feckin great I tell you! No crisps or peanuts because of their teeth, certainly no pickled onions. So we have to have a selection of soft pastries and cakes, Battenburg that sort of thing, maybe a cream slice for the more adventurous. One neighbour has never been but always thanks us for the invite by saying, it starts far to late (7.30) for me. One of them will fall asleep by 9.00 while holding her second glass of cheap white wine spritza, with the residue of battenburg down her front! My office is crammed full of Zimmer frames and other walking aids, the dogs are shut away because our visitors are unsteady on their feet when they arrive, let alone when they leave! And the smell of pi55!! It's like having @Redmidland in your house ;)
    First one to cancel, "doesn't like to go out when the weathers bad" (foggy) they live 3 doors away! FFS
  • Options
    Not heard from Otto since about 10am........what's happening
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

We've got the neighbours in tonight for our annual "little drinky poos" as it's known in the street. It can get a little rowdy and has been known to go on past 10 o/clock, last year they consumed almost 2 bottles of wine between 8 of them. :( can't feckin wait!

Have a goodun Teece
    It's feckin great I tell you! No crisps or peanuts because of their teeth, certainly no pickled onions. So we have to have a selection of soft pastries and cakes, Battenburg that sort of thing, maybe a cream slice for the more adventurous. One neighbour has never been but always thanks us for the invite by saying, it starts far to late (7.30) for me. One of them will fall asleep by 9.00 while holding her second glass of cheap white wine spritza, with the residue of battenburg down her front! My office is crammed full of Zimmer frames and other walking aids, the dogs are shut away because our visitors are unsteady on their feet when they arrive, let alone when they leave! And the smell of pi55!! It's like having @Redmidland in your house ;)
    First one to cancel, "doesn't like to go out when the weathers bad" (foggy) they live 3 doors away! FFS
    This sounds like a fantastic gig. Keep us updated.
  • Options
    It's currently 19:54.

Anyone know if TCE's shindig has finished yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Apparently Beryl from number 16 has just turned up with a bottle of Grappa and a huge bag of Charlie. #Gettinmessy.
  • Options
    Oh Carly, that Grappa will blow your socks off.
  • Options

and by 'thailand' I mean any country within 5 hours of my border.

Laos
    Thailand
    Cambodia
    Vietnam

Still, depends if you are on your own or with the Mrs.

All the places you mentioned are excellent, Laos for me if you want cheap but no beaches.

Thailand is the only one on the list I've not seen properly, I'll bhe alone too !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Feck that was a late one!
    on arrival we had all "sorry we are late, the taxi didn't show up gags" which are met with hearty belly laughs all round.
    One decided to add to our collection of fine wines and spirits by bringing a bottle of lime cordial!
    Another, Asking us to turn the volume down on the music telling us it interfered with her hearing aid, which then led to a game of musical chairs while she got away from the speaker. Which in turn led to an amusing game for me, whistling behind my hand and watching the old girl frantically retuning her ear piece. I who incidentally started drinking while watching the West Ham game in preparation for the evenings event trying to play the host while getting more and more pi55ed just to stomach the conversation, which went from someone's hospital appointments to last weeks coach trip to Bluewater. Various food items like Pate on wafers were discarded as foreign foods and there was much laughter on how you butter breadsticks. Then panic filled the house as someone realised it was 10.50, clearing away the glasses so they could all assist each other getting off the sofa, something I certainly didn't want to be involved with, I went to the kitchen, almost immediately the shout went up "call us a cab Ray" more howls of laughter as her from number 46 fell back into the chair. Muttering, "just feck off home" under my breath I turned to see my good lady standing there laughing. "Fancy going out for something to eat?was like music to my ears. Forming an orderly queue to say their goodbyes, I stood behind my wife hoping a formal handshake would suffice, maybe a nod of the head, wrong! The first one grabbed me almost by the ears, a full on snog! I've been greeted by my dogs with less saliva being exchanged, then the hug which followed took three layers of skin of my face. Feck, she needed to shave!! As they filled past my body started to close down, I could feel myself going into shock. As my wife waved I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and gargle with mouthwash. The thought of her final words ringing in my ears "You must come over my house one evening, Lynne can stay home and look after the dogs"
    Enjoyed this.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

on arrival we had all "sorry we are late, the taxi didn't show up gags" which are met with hearty belly laughs all round.
    One decided to add to our collection of fine wines and spirits by bringing a bottle of lime cordial!
    Another, Asking us to turn the volume down on the music telling us it interfered with her hearing aid, which then led to a game of musical chairs while she got away from the speaker. Which in turn led to an amusing game for me, whistling behind my hand and watching the old girl frantically retuning her ear piece. I who incidentally started drinking while watching the West Ham game in preparation for the evenings event trying to play the host while getting more and more pi55ed just to stomach the conversation, which went from someone's hospital appointments to last weeks coach trip to Bluewater. Various food items like Pate on wafers were discarded as foreign foods and there was much laughter on how you butter breadsticks. Then panic filled the house as someone realised it was 10.50, clearing away the glasses so they could all assist each other getting off the sofa, something I certainly didn't want to be involved with, I went to the kitchen, almost immediately the shout went up "call us a cab Ray" more howls of laughter as her from number 46 fell back into the chair. Muttering, "just feck off home" under my breath I turned to see my good lady standing there laughing. "Fancy going out for something to eat?was like music to my ears. Forming an orderly queue to say their goodbyes, I stood behind my wife hoping a formal handshake would suffice, maybe a nod of the head, wrong! The first one grabbed me almost by the ears, a full on snog! I've been greeted by my dogs with less saliva being exchanged, then the hug which followed took three layers of skin of my face. Feck, she needed to shave!! As they filled past my body started to close down, I could feel myself going into shock. As my wife waved I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and gargle with mouthwash. The thought of her final words ringing in my ears "You must come over my house one evening, Lynne can stay home and look after the dogs"
    These birds sound game as a badger, give her my number please mate :smile:
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Enjoyed this.
    Good to see some of your guests come on here and acknowledge your excellent party hosting skills TCE.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Enjoyed this.
    Good to see some of your guests come on here and acknowledge your excellent party hosting skills TCE.
    The banter was outrageous at times.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Enjoyed this.
    The banter was outrageous at times.
    I see I'll need a couple of extra invites next year! ;)
  • Options
    Tucking into cheese and biscuits after my shite Christmas party where the youngest person there was double my age. Merry Christmas.
  • Options

Tucking into cheese and biscuits after my shite Christmas party where the youngest person there was double my age. Merry Christmas.

Ah, welcome to my world. ;)
  • Options

Surely you were the youngest person there then? ;)
  • Options
    Has anyone seen Ricky Otto today? Was out with him for a bit last night and was shaping up for a big one when I left. The last I heard, he'd made a late decision to go to the game and was heading for the home end.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Has anyone seen Ricky Otto today? Was out with him for a bit last night and was shaping up for a big one when I left. The last I heard, he'd made a late decision to go to the game and was heading for the home end.

I got as far as London Bridge and decided to abort the mission. I also decided a work from home day (aka a hangover) was the way forward. Fortunately I left my laptop at work.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I got as far as London Bridge and decided to abort the mission. I also decided a work from home day (aka a hangover) was the way forward. Fortunately I left my laptop at work.

Shame, there was a ticket going for a tenner in the New Cross Inn.........
  • Options

Shame, there was a ticket going for a tenner in the New Cross Inn.........
    I would say bargain....but it really wouldn't have been.
  • Options

Lightweight!

• Options

Lightweight!

I'm saving myself for The Millers on Friday :wink:
  • Options

Lightweight!

I'm saving myself for The Millers on Friday :wink:
    Not much lightweight about that place
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Wetherspoons at lunch - it's gone downhill since then.

80's Soundtrack playlist on in the office.
  • Options
    Wucking freaked again today, its me berfday an is 59 today exactly 42 years younger than @Redmidland. No card from Se9 or se7 despite being a jr red for 53 years. Happy new year lifers :)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Wucking freaked again today, its me berfday an is 59 today exactly 42 years younger than @Redmidland. No card from Se9 or se7 despite being a jr red for 53 years. Happy new year lifers :)

Don't worry I put this into google translate, they have pissed up addick language so I know where you are coming from.

Happy birthday btw.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    . oops
  • Options