Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox and Dillon Phillips sign new contracts

13»

Comments

• Options
    Good news though not at all surprising.

I'm not going to offer to get a tattoo if I'm wrong, but I'd say that Roland Duchatelet is more likely to offer to fund a manned space flight to Pluto than he is to offer Cedric Evina a new contract.

I guess that's obvious. The more interesting question is how long the Club will keep both Fox and Wiggins. Not for long once Fox is established I suspect. I'd guess the plan would be to sell the most marketable player within the next eighteen months.

One of the objectives of the Head Coach might be to manage this dynamic, identifying when a young player is good enough for the first team squad and then how to organise cover, ideally with players who can play in more than one position, say Nego (RB, LB) and Lennon (CB, LB), for example.

Just speculation and perhaps not relevant until next summer in any event, but it will be very interesting to see how the squad is managed going forward.
  • Options

Good news though not at all surprising.

I'm not going to offer to get a tattoo if I'm wrong, but I'd say that Roland Duchatelet is more likely to offer to fund a manned space flight to Pluto than he is to offer Cedric Evina a new contract.

I guess that's obvious. The more interesting question is how long the Club will keep both Fox and Wiggins. Not for long once Fox is established I suspect. I'd guess the plan would be to sell the most marketable player within the next eighteen months.

One of the objectives of the Head Coach might be to manage this dynamic, identifying when a young player is good enough for the first team squad and then how to organise cover, ideally with players who can play in more than one position, say Nego (RB, LB) and Lennon (CB, LB), for example.

Just speculation and perhaps not relevant until next summer in any event, but it will be very interesting to see how the squad is managed going forward.

Left back seems to be a strong position for us. As well as Lennon ,we have Kadel Daniel in the U21's and the under 18's have Holmes-Dennis and Edwards ,therefore we have options in this position.

• Options
    It's great seeing our young signing contracts like this it gives hope to all the young players we have that this club will reward you and offer you the platform to play
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Hamer, Pope, Phillips

Solly, Wilson
    Wiggins, Fox
    Morrison, Dervite, Lennon, new

Wilson, new
    Harriott, new
    Poyet, Jackson, Cousins, new

Reza, Sordell, new, new, Pigott

My squad for next season. Would add a utility man a la Kishshev.

Would Sordell have been included before the last game?
    Would've been 50/50 on it, honestly. A performance like that shows he definitely does have something to offer at this level and is worth keeping.

Hamer, Pope, Phillips

Solly, Wilson
    Wiggins, Fox
    Morrison, Dervite, Lennon, new

Wilson, new
    Harriott, new
    Poyet, Jackson, Cousins, new

Reza, Sordell, new, new, Pigott

My squad for next season. Would add a utility man a la Kishshev.

Thing is those "new" would have to be quality high end championship standard signings, not more young players from Europe like we got in January.
    Absolutely agree with that. These new players need to be competing for starting places, if not certain starters.
  • Options
    Didnt want to start a new thread.

Has anybody seen Fox's instagram post? Something serious seems to have happened on holiday
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    Well Mick Mac sees something in him more than me. If the fee is reasonable then with Holmes-Dennis in the wings I would wish Morgan good luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably his reward for handing them the 3 points the other week.
  • Options
    Fox was at Ipswich before us as a kid I believe . Could Mings's development have influenced why they released him.

A bit like us with Green , Haynes and Wilson I suspect they have monitored him since.