Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morgan Fox and Dillon Phillips sign new contracts

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/dillon-phillips-morgan-fox-charlton-1510172.aspx

Well deserved, Fox should provide Wiggins with good competition for the LB spot next season.

Comments

• Good news to start the weekend.
  • Ahhh no news on diego poyet... Really don't understand why poyet would delay it for any other reason than the fact he doesn't want to stay.

Please with fox getting a new contract. Congrats!
  • Well done Boys both well deserved
  • Must be going to Liege。
  • Looks like we have a new number 3 for next season.
  • Looks like our LB position is pretty secure now for the next 5 years with Wiggins + Fox.

Obviously this means Evina is pretty much gone, maybe Lennon too?
  • Lennon will be staying as one of four CBs.
  • Looks like our LB position is pretty secure now for the next 5 years with Wiggins + Fox.

I think Lennon is more of a CB
  • Sponsored links:

Lennon is more of a left footed centre back, so I don't think he is necessarily out of the picture.
  • I think Lennon will be pushing the CB spot next season. In fact, if we're safe before the last day i can see him starting against blackpool. Then maybe Gomez might start to emerge at the end of next season. Can't wait for an all academy back 4.
  • Solly Gomez Lennon Holmes-Dennis
  • Really pleased by this.

I have rated Fox ever since his performance in a FA Youth Cup win against Spurs a couple of years ago . It seems the Notts County loan helped him push on . I think this does mean the end for Ceddy who I liked up until the contract debacle last summer. This season he has not looked the same player.

I saw Dillon Phillips a few weeks ago in a U21 game against Palace and felt he also looks an excellent prospect. Maybe he also needs a League 2 loan next season similar to Pope.
  • Well done Dillon and Morgan.
  • With Phillips being offered a contract does that mean Hamer be moving on
    Pope as number 1 and Phillips as number 2 next season
  • A loan for Phillips would do him well
  • Hope so Paulie. No room for posers next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• With Phillips being offered a contract does that mean Hamer be moving on
    Pope as number 1 and Phillips as number 2 next season

Means we have good options if hamer plays out for a bigger deal anyway... Someone will be off as we have 4 keepers now.
  • I would assume it will definitely be Thuram leaving as he is only on loan
  • I think Phillips will go on loan , hamer number 1 and pope number 2 I'd be happy with that .
  • Very happy and proud with the way the Academy is creating more and more players worthy of the first team/matchday squad and them signing contracts with us. Now if Diego will sign and we can bolster with a couple of key quality signings over the summer I can see the next few seasons boding well for us (and probably RD's pockets).
  • one swallow dive and all that
  • one swallow dive and all that

12 clean sheets for Ben this season isn't it?
  • Good news. Was very impressed with Fox after seeing him play for the under 21's against Brighton back in October. Well done the board
  • Good news. Poyet next please... I have the feeling he will leave.

Think he would of stayed if Powell was still here.
  • nearly as many as Pope in half a season then