Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox and Dillon Phillips sign new contracts

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/dillon-phillips-morgan-fox-charlton-1510172.aspx

Well deserved, Fox should provide Wiggins with good competition for the LB spot next season.

Comments

• Options
    Good news to start the weekend.
  • Options
    Ahhh no news on diego poyet... Really don't understand why poyet would delay it for any other reason than the fact he doesn't want to stay.

Please with fox getting a new contract. Congrats!
  • Options
    Well done Boys both well deserved
  • Options
    Must be going to Liege。
  • Options
    Looks like we have a new number 3 for next season.
  • Options
    Looks like our LB position is pretty secure now for the next 5 years with Wiggins + Fox.

Obviously this means Evina is pretty much gone, maybe Lennon too?
  • Options
    Lennon will be staying as one of four CBs.
  • Options

Looks like our LB position is pretty secure now for the next 5 years with Wiggins + Fox.

I think Lennon is more of a CB
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lennon is more of a left footed centre back, so I don't think he is necessarily out of the picture.
  • Options
    I think Lennon will be pushing the CB spot next season. In fact, if we're safe before the last day i can see him starting against blackpool. Then maybe Gomez might start to emerge at the end of next season. Can't wait for an all academy back 4.
  • Options
    Solly Gomez Lennon Holmes-Dennis
  • Options
    Really pleased by this.

I have rated Fox ever since his performance in a FA Youth Cup win against Spurs a couple of years ago . It seems the Notts County loan helped him push on . I think this does mean the end for Ceddy who I liked up until the contract debacle last summer. This season he has not looked the same player.

I saw Dillon Phillips a few weeks ago in a U21 game against Palace and felt he also looks an excellent prospect. Maybe he also needs a League 2 loan next season similar to Pope.
  • Options
    Well done Dillon and Morgan.
  • Options
    With Phillips being offered a contract does that mean Hamer be moving on
    Pope as number 1 and Phillips as number 2 next season
  • Options
    A loan for Phillips would do him well
  • Options
    Hope so Paulie. No room for posers next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

With Phillips being offered a contract does that mean Hamer be moving on
    Pope as number 1 and Phillips as number 2 next season

Means we have good options if hamer plays out for a bigger deal anyway... Someone will be off as we have 4 keepers now.
  • Options
    I would assume it will definitely be Thuram leaving as he is only on loan
  • Options
    I think Phillips will go on loan , hamer number 1 and pope number 2 I'd be happy with that .
  • Options
    Very happy and proud with the way the Academy is creating more and more players worthy of the first team/matchday squad and them signing contracts with us. Now if Diego will sign and we can bolster with a couple of key quality signings over the summer I can see the next few seasons boding well for us (and probably RD's pockets).
  • Options
    one swallow dive and all that
  • Options

one swallow dive and all that

12 clean sheets for Ben this season isn't it?
  • Options
    Good news. Was very impressed with Fox after seeing him play for the under 21's against Brighton back in October. Well done the board
  • Options
    Good news. Poyet next please... I have the feeling he will leave.

Think he would of stayed if Powell was still here.
  • Options
    nearly as many as Pope in half a season then