Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton V Watford|Championship|29 April 2104|Preview, Views, News & Line Ups

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes too much tension can get to players but this time they need that noise at all times. They need to have focused minds where they zone out of fear and expectation and zone into the game and to know they can win this game (which they can) . Let any doubt in their heads disappear and let them be confident that if we go a goal down then we can get two back. Lots of noise and encouragement; obviously no booing. We can win and will win.
  • Options
    Reasonable chance to win this, I'm going 2-1.
    Either way, as I am not going to Blackpool I am hoping it is the last game I ever go to with Thuram, AA or Reza in the squad. Roll on next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mrbligh">great work on the season's previews HI (and everyone else) but I disagree with the second line of this one.

this is a 100% bona fide must win game. I don't wanna go down, win this and we shall not.

I also urge every single one of you who can get to the valley to make sure you are there. lungs ready. buy a ticket, check out the free ticket thread on here, contact the trust, rob a banker....just get there.

we need no booing our own players, no groaning at every mistake, no demoralising our own, just pure mental, fanatical, loud SUPPORT for our team.

I normally get into the ground just as we're kicking off but I am gonna make sure I'm in my seat 15 before kick off making as much noise as humanly possible and I hope that you lot can do the same.

we can do this, get involved people

2-1 Charlton

Great post.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Redhenry said:

We need an early goal, big time!

Just keep it 0-0 or something till the last 5 minutes and you'll nicked a win - everyone else has scored against us in that time

That's if you haven't won beforehand.

Probably depend on who scores the first goal..

We've got a few injuries so might be a weaker side than usual.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/11177256.Hornets_set_to_be_without_six_players_for_Charlton_trip/

• Options
    1-1. All down to the Blackpool game. Hang on to your hat!!
  • Options

Redhenry said:

We need an early goal, big time!

Just keep it 0-0 or something till the last 5 minutes and you'll nicked a win - everyone else has scored against us in that time

That's if you haven't won beforehand.

Probably depend on who scores the first goal..

We've got a few injuries so might be a weaker side than usual.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/11177256.Hornets_set_to_be_without_six_players_for_Charlton_trip/

I like 2 of the comments below that story, I hope the Watford players are reading carefully :-)
    One of the so-called "never occasions" that I would not be upset if Watford lose at Charlton and it sends Milwall down should they lose their last games, but then Brum are in dire straights and I do not like Brum fans either.
    Let the under 18's have a game for 2 reasons. Be a great experience for them, and If they lose it pushes Birmingham and Millwall closer to relegation
  • Options
    Just saw that article stating how many they are missing.

Combined with the fact that they have nothing to play for, and our players cant ask for any more. If we cant win this one, we dont deserve to stay in the division. We literally couldnt have been given a better chance.
  • Options
    29th April 2104? Are we predicting that far ahead?
  • Options
    I think a couple of individual mistakes and a porous defence will let us down again. Because of this I think Watford will win. However, this is Charlton so we could play a stormer with Sordell's confidence up and win this 3-0. Finally
    , we could revert back to the 'cautious' approach and draw this 0-0. It's been that kind of a season. Take your pick.
  • Options

Either way, as I am not going to Blackpool I am hoping it is the last game I ever go to with Thuram, AA or Reza in the squad. Roll on next season.

I've read the goalie has been really poor but the other 2 also not very good either?

Or just not suited to the league much like most of our summer signings (not ones who were on loan last season)?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-3 defeat again and on to Saturday.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Score first and we'll win this. Sordell and another Dervite header to seal a 2 nil win.
  • Options

We just need to go for it from the first whistle. Watford may not be fully commited to the game so we need to take advantage. When we attack instead of slowing it down by passing it sideways I want to see us running at Watford in numbers.

If Solly knee is okay play him and put Wilson ahead of him.

JJ likes a goal against Watford and think he is due one.

Hamer
    Solly MM Dervite Fox
    Wilson Cousins Poyet JJ
    AA Sordell

I like this team and would be good to start with this. Thought the Man Utd kid did well when he came on so if Solly not fit he could start right wing.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah right! I remember when several Man U stars were supposed to be injured/ill and I got to the ground in a confident mood, only to see them all warming up.
  • Options

I've read the goalie has been really poor but the other 2 also not very good either?

Or just not suited to the league much like most of our summer signings (not ones who were on loan last season)?

Thuram is just poor.
    Reza has quality but the jury is still out as to whether he is suited to the league.
    AA has all the qualities but can't last past half an hour on the pitch. Not much use in that regard.

2-2 for me. 2-1 if all those Watford players really are missing and we're on our game.
  • Options
    Reading that Watford article I'm not sure I feel any better. My Doctor says for my health a win is the only thing that can save my nerves so please Charlton pretty please with sugar on top make this count tomorrow go out there and win and do it early just this once!
  • Options

Happily take a fully fit AA in our squad and Reza will be useful!
  • Options
    As others have said we need to win this one and of course we wont. 0-2 out with a whimper as usual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thuram is a clown.

Reza has potential, but keeps the ball to himself, until he falls over/ gets knocked off the ball.

AA can't last more than 45 mins. He was ill, so perhaps he has glandular fever ?

Please let us win. Thanks :-)
  • Options
    I don't go for all this "6 players missing" bollox - I bet at least half of them play tomorrow night - its called mind games.

Just hope Sordell wants to put one over his old team like most of our ex-players do !!!!

2-1 injury time winner by Reza who will go down in CAFC folklore.............
  • Options
    When we need to win a big game, the spanners, palice, FA Cup 1/4 finals, massive turn-outs for an away, we blow it. Tomorrow I am expecting much of the same unfortunately, I'm going for a draw.
  • Options

Six watford players out.

Yeah, yeah, where have I seen this sort of stuff before and what happens? Their 'reserves' come down and turn us over. The simple truth is we are not good enough for this division at the moment. Just have to hope we can do what we haven't done for most of it (fact is only one home game, the re-arranged game against Donny) and that is dominate, pressurise and bloody score more than the opposition!

• Options

When we need to win a big game, the spanners, palice, FA Cup 1/4 finals, massive turn-outs for an away, we blow it. Tomorrow I am expecting much of the same unfortunately, I'm going for a draw.

Exactly what I was thinking. We'll do it the Charlton way, which means we'll have to beat Blackpool. My niece is a mascot for this game though, so I'll have something to remember it for!
  • Options

Exactly what I was thinking. We'll do it the Charlton way, which means we'll have to beat Blackpool. My niece is a mascot for this game though, so I'll have something to remember it for!
    Oh of course, we'll lose up there as well...................only joking, ahem!
  • Options
    Business as usual. Home defeat.
  • Options
    I think we have got a bit of a chance with this one 1-1
  • Options

Lovin' the "palice " Elfs !

• Options
    I'll take a 1-1 draw now. Tough game against proven strikers. Defence cannot afford to make any mistakes this time. I hope Hamer is back to top form - he'll need to be! I think 1 more point will be enough.