Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton V Watford|Championship|29 April 2104|Preview, Views, News & Line Ups

Comments

• Options
    Goalfest 5-4 to charlton
  • Options
    0-1 loss conceed in the 88th min
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Don't forget everyone.

Meet @GreenieJunior outside the north stand in his Custom "Marvin" T-Shirt 30 minutes before the game tomorrow.

As part of his punishment for "If Marvin Sordell scores a hattrick I'll..." comment.

He will be doing a collection for charity so come and give him some banter and throw in a couple of quid for a good cause.
  • Options
    Reza will come good tomorrow night.
  • Options

Reza will come good tomorrow night.

Maybe, but what about before that? The game?
  • Options
    Astrit and Jacko to rotate, Astrit starts (warning will need to help out Fox occasionally). Wilson in front of Solly, Cousins and Poyet inside, Sordell. Hamer, Morrison, Dervite and perm one from Harriott, Church, Obika, green and Reza for the other place.

So:

Hamer

Solly Morro, Dorian, Fox

Wilson, Cousins, Poyet, Astrit/Jacko

Green/Reza/Church/Obika/Harriott (for one place)

Sordell.

First goal will decide the game.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Astrit and Jacko to rotate, Astrit starts (warning will need to help out Fox occasionally). Wilson in front of Solly, Cousins and Poyet inside, Sordell. Hamer, Morrison, Dervite and perm one from Harriott, Church, Obika, green and Reza for the other place.

So:

Hamer

Solly Morro, Dorian, Fox

Wilson, Cousins, Poyet, Astrit/Jacko

Green/Reza/Church/Obika/Harriott (for one place)

Sordell.

First goal will decide the game.

Bloomin' hell, I know we need a head start but maybe a little bit unfair.

Take Green off and that'll even it up.
  • Options
    If Green starts I am going home.
  • Options
    Watford are set to be without six players for tomorrow's Championship clash against Charlton Athletic

3:28pm Monday 28th April 2014 in Watford FC News By Adam Newson

Watford are set to be without six players for tomorrow’s trip to Championship relegation battlers Charlton Athletic.

Back-to-back defeats mean the Hornets are unable to reach the play-offs while a victory for the Addicks would secure their place in the division.

Manuel Almunia will miss the match due to an Achilles injury while Almen Abdi will also be absent due to a knee problem.

Joel Ekstrand (ankle) is ruled out while Fernando Forestieri (toe) and Park Chu-Young (toe) are long-term absentees.

Marco Cassetti was sent off against Derby County on Saturday and is suspended for tomorrow’s game.

Lewis McGugan was brought off against the Rams in the second half and he is a doubt for the trip with a knee injury.

Gabriele Angella missed the weekend defeat but he trained today and is available for selection.

Hornets head coach Beppe Sannino hopes his side can end their campaign positively and is expecting a reaction from his players after consecutive losses.

He said: “We are coming back from two defeats so we need to show we’re disappointed and that we want to win.

“One of the reasons I like English football is because in every game there is the same commitment. You can see that the results in this league are unpredictable because all the teams play with the same commitment.”

He added: “Due to the injuries, there are fewer players too choose from but I will have enough players for the game. I am sure that those who are named will do the best they can.”

Watford have struggled on their travels throughout the season and have won just four league matches on the road.

Sannino said that it is "not possible to carry on this way" and added: "At the end of the season and we will reflect and try to fix the problem.”
  • Options
    I can't see Solly starting. I think we'll see Wilson at right back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

We need an early goal, big time!

Just keep it 0-0 or something till the last 5 minutes and you'll nicked a win - everyone else has scored against us in that time

That's if you haven't won beforehand.

Probably depend on who scores the first goal..

We've got a few injuries so might be a weaker side than usual.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/11177256.Hornets_set_to_be_without_six_players_for_Charlton_trip/

Thanks for the heads up but this doesn't mean a thing to Charlton. Blackburn had 9 regulars missing and we still managed to lose :0(
  • Options
    When did we last beat Watford at home - gotta be the late 90's.

I think it might be a very tense (for us) draw and Riga will bank on Donny getting a point max at Leicester.
  • Options
    well I've woken up nervous this morning...
  • Options

• Watford are unbeaten in the last four meetings at The Valley, winning the last two. Charlton's last home win was 2-1 in the old Division One in August 1995.

• Options
    Horrible feeling we'll 'do a Charlton' and take this to the last day, just to shred a few nerves and leave us all with no fingernails.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

• Watford are unbeaten in the last four meetings at The Valley, winning the last two. Charlton's last home win was 2-1 in the old Division One in August 1995.

Bloody hell. I remember that game. Pretty sure a young Kevin Phillips was playing for them
  • Options
    Relax ladies I am sure it will be fine, we need the spirit of the last few seasons when we always won these tense games. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.....MARVIN
  • Options
    Would be nice to just get the job done once and for all tonight. COYR!
  • Options
    what st number is it tonight??
  • Options
    Now I have been known to get it wrong (well most of the time actually) but I really believe this will be a comfortable home victory. Early goal to settle the nerves, the second just before half-time, a cagey second half with a late third by Sordell on a breakaway as Watford press.

Well that's what I dreamt last night!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't make tonight's game tonight unfortunately as working
    But the worst thing is it's with millwall fans!
    And they will give it large if we conceed early
    Come on u reds make my evening so I can give it to the wanky spanner boys!
  • Options
    I fancy Obika to score tonight. 1-1
  • Options
    Really, really, unbelievably, excruciatingly, nervous about tonight. By 11pm we will either be euphoric or in deep despair -have got everything crossed that it will work out for us. Don't care how we play, don't care how lucky we might get, don't care about anything other than getting the result.
  • Options
    Anil Koc makes his debut from the bench in the 89th minute, As BDL announces his name Watford players lose concentration giggling like school boys and Rezza schools a screamer, making our status safe
  • Options
    José Riga please note:
    Hamer
    Solly Morro Dervite Fox
    Poyet
    Wilson Cousins Jackson
    Sordell Obika
    bench:
    Phillips
    Hughes
    Church
    Wood
    Pigott
    Lennon
    Pritchard

If that rabble can physically make it out of the tunnel there are no further options

Don't defend deep then maintain relentless single minded long balls keeping the ball as far from our penalty area as possible as early as possible to minimise the opportunities for the usual f"ckw!tted self-destruction. It will be awful to watch but so have been 16 out of 22 home matches so far - the result is everything and if pressured badgered hassled and kicked Watford with nothing to play for will fold like a pack of cards - try to get this ragtag mob to play football and we're sunk

the bench has the scrapings from the bottom of the barrel but at least they haven't consistently demonstrated a critical unfamiliarity with the game (calamity I mean you) or shameless disregard for the club (astrid) and if you put the blunt reza in the squad I'm phoning childline on you cos there are rules against child labour in Britain

COYR and keep smilin'
  • Options
    I'm going to say it...I'd like to see Church start with Sordell...He's played well in recent weeks and stretches the defence well off the ball which gives Sordell space for the likes of Astrit, Jackson and Harriott to find him.
  • Options

I'm going to say it...I'd like to see Church start with Sordell...He's played well in recent weeks and stretches the defence well off the ball which gives Sordell space for the likes of Astrit, Jackson and Harriott to find him.

Yep, can agree with this. The midfield needs to be chosen carefully for this to work, though.
  • Options
    We'll huff and puff but create nothing. Watford will then break and Deeney will score. 0-1 half time. More of the same second half but Watford will break twice and score.

0-3 and bricking it re Blackpool.

On the other hand my bet on us going down will hopefully come into play and we will scrape an ugly win.

You decide.....
  • Options
    Hamer
    Wilson Morrison Dervite Fox
    Cousins Poyet Jackson
    Church Sordell Astrit

Reza, Harriott, Obika off the bench.
  • Options
    Right, I've seen enough of all the posts so far highlighting defeat

WE WILL WIN

Remember Ghostbusters when the big thing was on top of the building in New York and the crowd below started singing in unification because it was New Year's eve and the Ghostbusters saw that the big thing was losing its power because there was all that positive energy? That big thing is the threat of relegation, clambering all over The Valley. The team are our Ghostbusters (I'll let you chose who plays which Ghostbuster). We are the crowd and the voice willing our boys on to victory..................

I don't know where I'm going with this, but COYR I believe!