Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 'If only we hadn't sold.........' Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    Reid was the one that made it clear the club was a shambles. Spent a load of money on dreadful players then started panicking and dumped our best player in the winter window. Brought in a load more toilet and racked up even bigger debts. At a time when we had to shit or get off the pot, we got off the pot and promptly shat the rug.
  • Options

Paul Walsh and Paul Elliott

Paul Elliott was a funny one. He clearly had a lot of potential and went on to have a very good career but was very young and made a lot of mistakes in his time with us in what was a very poor defence.

I think what I'm trying to say is that years ago we saw players with potential and gave them time, whereas these days supporters are extremely quick to jump on a player's back without seeing his potential worth to the team. For example, I remember being sure that John Robinson wouldn't ever be of much use, so I won't write Callum Harriot off for a while yet, in what his is first full season in the 1st XI.

• Options
    Konchesky was an odd one too. Was it really just that he didn't get on well with Curbishley? He didn't last long at Wet Spam after Curbishley pitched up there!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cafcfan said:

Konchesky was an odd one too. Was it really just that he didn't get on well with Curbishley? He didn't last long at Wet Spam after Curbishley pitched up there!

The loan to Spurs was especially weird. Can't see that arrangement happening again in the near future!

Think Konchesky possibly had an inflated opinion of himself at the time but on the other hand he was keen to play at left back. Could do with him now though!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

cafcfan said:

The loan to Spurs was especially weird. Can't see that arrangement happening again in the near future!

Think Konchesky possibly had an inflated opinion of himself at the time but on the other hand he was keen to play at left back. Could do with him now though!
    And didn't Konchesky play a couple of games for England, under Sven?

• Options

Simonsen said:

cafcfan said:

And didn't Konchesky play a couple of games for England, under Sven?

Yep. He had a thing for our left backs