Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done and thank you to Jose Riga!!

Comments

• Options
    dancafc said:

The man's gonna milk us dry a few weeks back people were moaning about him now we stay up all of a sudden he's a god the blokes a prick who will pick the players he wants to play I think riga has done a top job but if he stays will he get to pick his own team I think not

Pretty weird that RD started none of his signings tonight.

• Options
    LOL - if you haven't noticed my there are a fare number of Roland's love children on here tonight. Pleased that the club we love has stayed up and seems to be doing better. Why are you here exactly?
    dancafc said:

I think if you read what I originally wrote until rolands love children piped up I said we'll done to them both but as normal you get some pricks on here trying to criticise someone else's opinion but never mind roland is god a riga is jesus

• Options
    haha why are you getting so wound up??!!
  • Options

dancafc said:

The man's gonna milk us dry a few weeks back people were moaning about him now we stay up all of a sudden he's a god the blokes a prick who will pick the players he wants to play I think riga has done a top job but if he stays will he get to pick his own team I think not

Spot on. Roland must've told Riga who to pick. It's why the likes of Thuram, Nego, Koc and Reza have been in the starting lineup every game!

As for milking us dry, i wonder how much the new pitch and drainage system will cost him to get repaired this summer?
    You're missing out the utterly pathetic plans to improve the training ground.

Dirty cheapskate!
  • Options
    Oh believe me I'm over the moon us staying up It just gets to me that someone writes their opinion on what ever subject then someone has to criticise it
  • Options
    But you are criticising RD for something that's not true
  • Options
    Duchatelet and Riga have delivered mid-table form with a squad built by Jiminez, Slater and Powell in 2011 - a simple statement of truth and fact and no need for blame nor regret after such an emphatic win against a cheating thuggish mid-table rubbish.
    As Weegie posts and I put on the post match thread, Riga wants to stay and build on what we have. With 15-20 players leaving this summer there's a lot of squad numbers up for grabs with perhaps four or five taken by the academy players coming through.
    I'm not that articulate at describing the actual football but there has been a big improvement in style, possession and results with 1.4 points per game. Sure we were hammered in those bonus games against top eight teams like Blackburn and Burnley. That is the bar. I am comfortable that Duchatelet and Riga know where it is and wonder over what timescale they wish to push to get there. Only if they try will they have any chance of signing Poyet.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    dancafc said:

Oh believe me I'm over the moon us staying up It just gets to me that someone writes their opinion on what ever subject then someone has to criticise it

Mate .. I never slag of someone's posts but wow yours are worst than the hair Highlighter

There is no truth nor fact in what you are saying
  • Options
    I really hope I'm wrong but his track record isn't great time will tell. we have had our fair share of shit over the years and would hate to see our club being a feeder club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will never be a Feeder club ? How many of our players did we sell to his other clubs ...0
    Has Roland said we will sell NO

Look at his history ? Oh yeah !! I mean god standard liege are playing champs league football next year .. They are in turmoil cause of him

Hey let's go back to TJ as our owner , I much prefer the thought of administration and a Sunday league pitch

Seriously grow up and stop making things up as you go along

• Options
    The man's as bent as they come fingers crossed we don't end up like Portsmouth or leeds
  • Options
    I love Powell, I'm a Powell supporter. But I'm going to say it how I see it. Not sure if Powell would have kept us up. Well done Riga, you've worked a miracle.
  • Options
    We'll never know if Chrissy would have done it. We all know that Jose did. Well done, sir!
  • Options
    I've been skeptical. I still haven't haven't chanted his name but after the last few months he deserves the job. I really hope he's leading us out next season rather than him being put in a back-bench role. I'm sure he thinks similar.
  • Options
    Rd trusted Jr and sent him over
    I've learned to have faith in them both
    Theve done me proud n not let me down
    Would we have survived if rd hadn't taken over?
    Probably not!
  • Options
    dancafc said:

You on the sauce mate?
  • Options
    Brilliant night, best we have played in the four games since I arrived. Sounded like a goodbye from Riga, but I sincerely hope not. Was good to see and hear a rocking Valley, plenty of noise and passion even right down by the South stand as I viewed from the lower west. Loved every minute of the football since I've been here, will be sorely missed for another year. W2 D1 L1.
  • Options
    Hats off to Riga, you have to say. When he came in we were literally rock bottom after the desperate and pitiful cup defeat to Sheffield United. Yes we had games in hand but the team looked shattered, in disarray and definitely on a downward trajectory....I think it's fair to say we all feared the worst. To come into such an environment to a country you don't know, a club and players you're unfamiliar with, with a set of disgruntled supporters who were extremely skeptical as to your ability...well, he's been fantastic hasn't he!

His mandate on taking the job was a simply yet extremely daunting one....keep us in the Championship....and that of course is exactly what he's done!

Thank you Jose, a quite brilliant job. You've saved us!!
  • Options
    Yes - thanks Jose and thanks to Dyer and Matthew too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Jose. I salute you sir!
  • Options
    A job well done. Why did I think he was going to sing "My way" when he had the mic in his hand?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

I don't want to take away from anything, but for my part, thanks go to Alex Dyer and Damian Matthew amongst the other coaching staff. They've worked with these players for a long time, including the youths coming through, and they've provided the continuity amidst all the changes that I think has helped to see us through.

Will we see them in their current roles, or otherwise, next season?

So no thank you to Jose?
  • Options

Can anyone give a quick run down of what was said by Riga at the end?

Seriously, I couldn't understand a word of it.
  • Options
    Well done everyone great stuff. Hope Riga stays like the football more short passing and possession football.all the players seem to like him to which I thought might have been a problem after scp because they liked him 2 so he needed to get the players onboard quick and he has. Hope now Diego. Signs a contract now he needs first team football not prem reserves think Rigas continental football will suit Diego and he'll develope a lot more here a bit longer under Jose. Looking forward to interesting summer onwards and upwards I think. Well done to us fans as well terrific noise coyr we love you charlton and scp
  • Options
    Yep very well done to the man for keeping us up with that squad. Thumbs up to you our chosen one.

• Options
    Had a friend at the game last night who hasn't seen us for a while and he was perplexed / amazed by the fact we didn't just lump it up front anymore.
  • Options
    Well done Jose
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I think he has done a good job in difficult circumstances and I like him personally. I think he has a special talent with youngsters, which is reflected in his own comments, and I like that too. The way that Morgan Fox has seamlessly replaced Wiggy at a very tense time of the season is a good example.

So if he is not staying, why not, I wonder. There has been this rumour that Paul Hart is off to Man City, and he would therefore take over the academy side, but well connected people I spoke with last might didn't believe this. Anyway it would now seem a bit of a waste, a demotion, if he took that role. He will have learnt a lot about the Championship in the last few months.

Well, we will see. In the meantime. Credit where it's due. If he goes somewhere else and one of their fans asks me, I will say that they are getting a good man in.
  • Options
    Is there any possibility that Karel could be the one to take over the Academy?

Just thinking on the basis that he's only really managed at Belgian Non-League level so wouldnt that be a huge risk putting him in charge of our First-Team?