Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options

Am I the only one who'd rather Fulham go down than say Wigan? Can't put my finger on it but I'm not particularly keen on Fulham.

I agree. Also not sure why but it may have something to do with Parker or Murphy - petty I know.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

They need to win 7 or 8 out of 10 games.

Bolton away
    Brighton home
    Brentford away
    Charlton home
    Watford home
    Wigan home
    Cardiff away
    Derby home
    Wolves away

Also Blackburn away to be arranged.

Bolton 0-2
    Brighton 0-0
    Brentford (L)
    Us (D) and that's knowing us, nothing to do with them
    Watford (L)
    Wigan (D)
    Cardiff (W)
    Blackburn (L)
    Derby (L)
    Wolves (L)

37pts

And the weirdest thing is that after the Brighton result, both the chairman and Harris seem to be playing everything down. Ie, we're in a bad spot, nothing is expected and we're just going to fight. That seemed to be the soundbites in the Evening Standard y'day. If that's the case, why bring in a new manager and get rid of Holloway? Bizarre
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

ct_addick said:

Just got this posted on my mate's facebook page (he is millwall):

Peter Beagrie, Sky Sports:

In a division packed with former Premier League teams, bigger budgets and better players, it is no disgrace to go down, but Millwall fans will have expected more resilience, spirit and organisation than their side has shown, particularly after a promising start.

If confidence were available in the shops you could charge what you wanted and it would still fly off the shelves, but it is in short supply at the New Den, as we saw when Norwich’s first goal went in recently.

Neil Harris, former playing legend, is the man of choice to restore that missing ingredient and if not secure survival then restore some pride and finish on a high, making enough of an impression in the meantime to convince the owners he is the long-term candidate for the permenant post or making sure his work is rewarding by the owners insisting the new man include him in his management team.

Harris has written a few goalscoring scripts in his time for Millwall but now he is auditioning for the leading role in the modern day version of The Great Escape. I, for one, wish him luck, a true professional and great guy to boot.

What a load of old crap. What's a "true professional"? Just about everyone who has a contract to play football for money. Except anybody called Winston Bogarde of course!
    Excellent.

What is so encouraging is that this "true professional" has so far not only failed to produce a win, but failed to produce a goal. To get out of the mess they are in, stats wise, the new manager bounce was needed immediately.

• Options
    Leuth said:

Still favouring Wigan for the drop, thanks to their "straight-talking" manager and their "straight-talking" owner, both of whom are "real football men"

One of which has managed in the Premier League and the other has won the FA Cup. I'd say they are football men.
  • Options
    Spanish said:
    absolute non article for me and I'd be miffed if I were a Millwall fan reading that. I've got respect for their Chairman given the money he's pumped in etc, but that was just vague sentences. They are slowly admitting they've given up the fight with that talk. It may be that the writing is on the wall, but they sound like they've accepted it. Poor
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Spanish said:
    absolute non article for me and I'd be miffed if I were a Millwall fan reading that. I've got respect for their Chairman given the money he's pumped in etc, but that was just vague sentences. They are slowly admitting they've given up the fight with that talk. It may be that the writing is on the wall, but they sound like they've accepted it. Poor
    Thought that as well. Very surrender monkey in style but admired the lack of profanity, he is a Yank I suppose...

They'll still turn us over BTW

;0)
  • Options
    Pardon the pun, but I can handle relegation if you go down with a fight, but when it's a whimper I'd get peeved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a big fan of Wigan or Fulham, but I when the money moved into Fulham, my affections moved out. Not a bad away game, but if we can, I'd like to see us win, and Fulham to drop with the tools.
  • Options
    They might just be trying to remove pressure from the players, of course. They clearly don't have the character to raise their game when the pressure is on. Take the pressure off and manage a couple of wins and it all changes.

It would also look a little silly if they were to pretend that they, genuinely, believe that they can stay up.

I'm enjoying this!
  • Options
    Bet the first division teams are really looking forward to the return of the Spanners. Not!.
  • Options
    Sounds like to me they have accepted relegation already. Should never have sacked Holloway
  • Options

Am I the only one who'd rather Fulham go down than say Wigan? Can't put my finger on it but I'm not particularly keen on Fulham.

Tough shout, around trip of 11 hours in the car on a Friday to Wigan,
    Or a local derby by the Thames to Fulham when the boat or train can take the strain ?
    I think we have a decision, after the break.............

• Options
    What changed our season was introducing goals into the side. This was partly due to a more attacking approach, making the midfield busier (less pedestrian) and the directness of Tony Watt. Millwall had results go for them last night so they have to hold on to the remote possibility that if we can do it they can. But they don’t have Vetokele and Tony Watt. Harris seems to be taking the pressure off in his comments, but not sure this is the right approach. To a degree the pressure is off when you are as far behind as they are. He should tell fans he is going to take some risks to get victories and if things are not going well, to get behind the team. Then he probably has to look at his squad and find the goals. Although he is past it most probably, Fuller has to be part of the plan along with Fabrini and work from there. I think that given the choice, they would rather not play us in their run in. We have nothing to play for apart from really making the fans happy by beating them. Given that we are full of confidence and are on good form – we are not the best team to be playing.
  • Options
    Spanish said:
    Loved the bit about reducing the "average age of players". Merely getting rid of Danny Shittu and Ricardo Fuller would knock about three years off the average!
  • Options
    It seems odd that the Fulham owner paid £300m for the club (so I read), even paid £12m for one player who rarily played. They now have Curbs helping Kit Symonds, (who everyone was told would be their saviour), and yet they look good bet to go down. I would hate to think what their budget is but I am sure they will breach the FFP for this season
  • Options

cabbles said:

Spanish said:
    Thought that as well. Very surrender monkey in style but admired the lack of profanity, he is a Yank I suppose...

They'll still turn us over BTW

;0)

Yep, very defeatist. Maybe he's trying a last ditch rally to make the players fight to the end ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this season is proving how under-estimated the job Kenny Jackett did at them.
    I can't see them coming back up when they go down this year
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

I think this season is proving how under-estimated the job Kenny Jackett did at them.

Agree about KJ. As for next season should they get relegated. It very much depends on their rich owner. If he wants to get back up pdq then he probably can give them the money to do so but if he's still intent on being very prudent and going by his interview he wants a youthful side then promotion might well be difficult. Just ask Sheffield United.

• Options
    I hope Fulham stay up, Watford don't get promoted and QPR get relegated, purely for the away games.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

I really wish you hadn't said that!
  • Options
    we shall destroy them
  • Options
    Has it been announced whether Millwall FC will release a commemorative watch if they are relegated?
  • Options
    IA said:

Has it been announced whether Millwall FC will release a commemorative watch if they are relegated?

Yes, they have plans. Stuwall has already ordered one. He's going to use it to check that the Ref doesn't add on too much extra time in mid-week games. Here's a picture.

• Options
    Song for Millwall to the tune of JBG song
    Let me tell you might as well do
    About a club that is going nowhere
    It's name is Millwall scummy Millwall
    Going down going down going down
  • Options
    1 up at Brentford, come'on Brentford.
  • Options
    smallwall racking up the bookings nicely.