Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2014 Thread

Comments

• Options

MrOneLung said:

All the top nike boys have been out in Brazil this week as they're obviously key sponsors for the World Cup.... They now won't be going back as the bus they were on was held up by guns. No injuries but obviously very shaken and won't reach the news. Bollocks to going out there

if this really happened and you know about, then it would come out in the press.
    Lol okay. It never happened, I'm chatting out my ass. I just thought it would be a good laugh to come on here and make something up
    I cannot find anything about this online.
    Some Nike staff were robbed back in 2011 but that is all.

How did you find this out if so secret - source?

• Options
    Haha poor old Suarez. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke...
  • Options
    Some great old videos on there. Could spend a couple of hours watching them.
  • Options

Defo ate into my lunch hour. My favourites were both WC 94 as it is probably the first one I remember following properly (aged 12). Bergkamp's goal against Argentina and Bulgaria's 2-1 win against Germany. After that, I enjoyed David Platt's last min extra time winner against Belgium at Italia 90. And seeing a WC match take place at Ayresome Park.....
  • Options
    cabbles said:

THE Ronaldo. What a player.
  • Options
    England squad numbers released:

1. Joe Hart
    2. Glen Johnson
    3. Leighton Baines
    4. Steven Gerrard
    5. Gary Cahill
    6. Phil Jagielka
    7. Jack Wilshere
    8. Frank Lampard
    9. Daniel Sturridge
    10. Wayne Rooney
    11. Daniel Welbeck
    12. Chris Smalling
    13. Ben Foster
    14. Jordan Henderson
    15. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    16. Phil Jones
    17. James Milner
    18. Rickie Lambert
    19. Raheem Sterling
    20. Adam Lallana
    21. Ross Barkley
    22. Fraser Forster
    23. Luke Shaw
  • Options
    Landon Donovan misses out on the USA squad.
  • Options

Suarez has suffered knee damage and is having an operation. May not be fit for the World Cup.

Expected to be out for two weeks. Will be fit for the World Cup .
  • Options
    Will miss the Costa Rica game but back for England. Oh goody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    He doesn't perform in big games anyway, who cares about Suarez.

On the other hand: Lars Bender out of the World Cup
  • Options
    Other than the French Nike Kit I think Adidas smashes them out the park, Nike just seem lazy in their designs.
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdyWSpCe4aM

Like this big game you mean? Oh...
  • Options

At club level, I agree with this, he doesn't.
  • Options
    Whoever celebrates a player missing the World Cup has a screw loose. Surely we want to see the best players there and celebrate the sport.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dizzee said:

Whoever celebrates a player missing the World Cup has a screw loose. Surely we want to see the best players there and celebrate the sport.

lets scrap qualification then.
  • Options
    There's no way they can put a definite return date before he's had the op.

Phil Jones had a similar operation and took 10 weeks to get back to full fitness.

All depends how his body recovers, and when its on the knee, there can be knock on effects.

Im sure they will have the best physio's working on him but he will be touch and go to be 100%, especially at World Cup pace.
  • Options

Wow very surprised by this... He's probably America's best player
  • Options

He was, but not anymore. I'd say Michael Bradley probably is these days.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dizzee said:

Not on your nelly. I want England to have the easiest passage possible - would you want Millwall to sign Ronaldo, Messi and Toure the week before they played us... ????

Besides, thanks to Sky TV, I see more of Suarez than I do my family... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He was, but not anymore. I'd say Michael Bradley probably is these days.
    Definitely Bradley. Tim Howard and Geoff Cameron are big players at the back for them too.
  • Options
    van der Vaart ruled out for Holland. They've already lost Strootman and van der Wiel.
  • Options
    Watched France trounce Norway 4-0 last night in their farewell game. Putting aside the fact that Norway were utterly shocking (especially after the second went in) Pogba and Giroud looked good, and Remy was sharp when he came on but it was Mathieu Valbuena that really impressed me. Hadn't seen much of him before but he was very quick with good feet.

• Options
    se9addick said:

Watched France trounce Norway 4-0 last night in their farewell game. Putting aside the fact that Norway were utterly shocking (especially after the second went in) Pogba and Giroud looked good, and Remy was sharp when he came on but it was Mathieu Valbuena that really impressed me. Hadn't seen much of him before but he was very quick with good feet.

He's a very good player.
  • Options

van der Vaart ruled out for Holland. They've already lost Strootman and van der Wiel.

Is he all that now though?
    He played in one of the worst Hamburg sides in history this season.
  • Options

Will be the big name out early (probably with us or Italy)

Will be betting on Chile to finish behind Spain in that group
  • Options
    Agreed, think Chile will do better in the conditions, and they've got a good team - Vidal,Sanchez etc.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

All the top nike boys have been out in Brazil this week as they're obviously key sponsors for the World Cup.... They now won't be going back as the bus they were on was held up by guns. No injuries but obviously very shaken and won't reach the news. Bollocks to going out there

if this really happened and you know about, then it would come out in the press.
    Lol okay. It never happened, I'm chatting out my ass. I just thought it would be a good laugh to come on here and make something up

Sorry only just seen this. I know someone who was on the bus. All I'll say.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Sorry only just seen this. I know someone who was on the bus. All I'll say.
    Fair enough mate.