Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• edited May 2014

Roland has been quoted as saying that even players available on free transfers are too expensive to comply with FFP guidelines and he is now looking for talented young (Belgian) youngsters from the same family as the coach and assistant coach (obviously) who can pay him a fee to play for CAFC.

Link to quote? That's fine as long as they're good enough. Don't want a team full of foreigners though.
    Yann897 said:

Pre season training starts on the 26th June , so we have still got plenty of time to bring in players before we go again.

Less than a month away.
    Exactly a month and that's only until they start light pre season training way to early to panic yet isn't ? Or don't you think so
  • edited May 2014

Roland has been quoted as saying that even players available on free transfers are too expensive to comply with FFP guidelines and he is now looking for talented young (Belgian) youngsters from the same family as the coach and assistant coach (obviously) who can pay him a fee to play for CAFC.

Link to quote? That's fine as long as they're good enough. Don't want a team full of foreigners though.
    Yann897 said:

Pre season training starts on the 26th June , so we have still got plenty of time to bring in players before we go again.

Less than a month away.
    I think grumpy was indulging in a bit of satire....

• i wonder who we're gonna flog today!
  • edited May 2014
    26 May 2014 21:55:19
    Roland Duchâtelet is in talks with 1889 Hoffenheim goalkeeper Koen Casteels. Duchâtelet owns a number of different football clubs so it's not clear where he will end up, but early reports are suggesting that it's for his English club Charlton Athletic

From football rumours. Looked him up, has played 23 league games this season for a team who finished 9th in Bundesliga.
  • 6' 5"
    Age 21
    Belgian
    37 1st team appearances for Hoffenheim since 2011
  • That's not a Millwall shirt by the way.
  • Don't think we will be signing him. He has just undergone surgery for a broken shin in April.
  • Sponsored links:

• bylbyl
    edited May 2014
    i don't think koen casteels will be going to charlton, honestly.

he is considered the #3 belgian GK and will go to brazil for belgium as 3rd gk after courtois and mignolet (if he gets fit in time) and he has a starting spot in a bundesliga team. The only reason he only played 23 games for hoffenheim this season is because he had an injury.

No disrespect to charlton but midtable bundesliga is definitely a higher level than 2nd half of the championship. would be very surprised if he came to charlton but if he does you'll have a hell of a GK.
  • byl said:

he is considered the #3 belgian GK and will go to brazil for belgium as 3rd gk after courtois and mignolet (if he gets fit in time) and he is garantueed a starting spot in the bundesliga. The only reason he only played 23 games for hoffenheim this season is because he had an injury.

No disrespect to charlton but midtable bundesliga is definately a higher level than 2nd half of the championship. would be very surprised if he came to charlton but if he does you'll have a hell of a GK.

That's nailed that one then.

• That's not a Millwall shirt by the way.

Good otherwise oohaah will be having a coronary.

• Would rather have Thuram....
  • moleo88 said:

Would rather have Thuram....

Because you know about Casteels ?

If he is fit he will go to the World Cup as Belgiums third choice GK !!!!

• moleo88 said:

its clearly a joke you plum
  • byl said:

he is considered the #3 belgian GK and will go to brazil for belgium as 3rd gk after courtois and mignolet (if he gets fit in time) and he has a starting spot in a bundesliga team. The only reason he only played 23 games for hoffenheim this season is because he had an injury.

No disrespect to charlton but midtable bundesliga is definitely a higher level than 2nd half of the championship. would be very surprised if he came to charlton but if he does you'll have a hell of a GK.

Thanks byl your advice on our potential players will be invaluable as I suspect most will be from Belgium / the network. I could see Charlton being a good potential move for Casteels because it would put him in London and within reach of the Premier League scouts, so he may see it as a good stepping stone.

My one concern is that we heard similar things about Thuram in January . He came to us because apparently as a candidate for the French World Cup squad , whilst I realise some of his problems were cultural and he did not have time to adapt to the Championship, he certainly didn't strike me as a contender for Hugo Lloris's position.

• moleo88 said:

Don't push your luck mate.

• Haha! Dont worry, it was indeed a joke! I'd rather have a one legged peacock in goal over Thuram.
  • bylbyl
    edited May 2014
    Richard J said:

byl said:

Thanks byl your advice on our potential players will be invaluable as I suspect most will be from Belgium / the network. I could see Charlton being a good potential move for Casteels because it would put him in London and within reach of the Premier League scouts, so he may see it as a good stepping stone.

My one concern is that we heard similar things about Thuram in January . He came to us because apparently as a candidate for the French World Cup squad , whilst I realise some of his problems were cultural and he did not have time to adapt to the Championship, he certainly didn't strike me as a contender for Hugo Lloris's position.

well Thuram was bought by standard to be challenging their first GK, after standard #2 GK Bolat left for FC Porto at the stat of ther 2013/14 season. They had Eiji Kawashima who is Japan's national GK, you could see him in action at the WC 2010 and you will see him in action again next month in Brazil. Thuram proved to be way worse than kawashima so he could never challenge him for the first spot. In fact he was struggling for a spot on the bench as well.

Apparantly Thuram was a very good prospect in France, one of their promising young goalkeepers, who also played some international games for france's U-21. But he failed to deliver the goods both in Liege and in Charlton. Maybe he didn't respond well to the new environment, lacks character, took things too easy, maybe he couldn't handle the fact that he wasn't #1. who knows. He is a young lad and to make it in professional football you need more than just talent, i've seen plenty of talented guys not making it for whatever reasons.

CAFC starting with thuram as #1 GK upcoming season, i don't think that will happen. It's way too big a risk for such an important position.

• Sponsored links:

• moleo88 said:

haha! sorry what will you and your keyboard do?
  • moleo88 said:

get da red divishun on u m8 n shag ur nan m8 dnt push it ye leave it ye
  • agreed a fee for chris ogrady 500k? SLP
  • already a page on that sorry
  • edited May 2014

moleo88 said:

leave off mate or ill get my Millwall mate on you

• 24 May 2014 12:18:09
    Oldham news Korry Smith is off to Brentford and will be replaced by Liam Kelly from Bristol City James WIlson is moving to Charlton with Adam Wilder coming in

I rated Wilson when at Bees but seems to have been troubled since by injury. Played most of Oldham's games after being signed in January. Oldham like him.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/45274-james-wilson/
  • All the sauces are reporting Roman Duchatelet has now completed his scouting marathon. The Belgian Brian Clough wannabe allegedly set his Playstation on fire after 343 non-stop seasons on Fifa 14.

Duchy is said to have immediately switched to his own homegrown computer system (MIBS - Made In Belgian shed) which shows potential but is rumored to have reliability issues.

The Master of Puppets is now primed to wheel, deal and steal following a week away at 'Arrys retreat. RD is said to have hired a Robin Reliant to personally drive Simon Church "anywhere else" following a Supporters' movement.

2 players with at least 6 games in Senior Football might be arriving. One has a 9 for pace with the potential to reach 12, whilst the other is extremely tall with a moustache.

CAFC fans will be ecstatic when RD's real-life Championship Manager credentials are examined in August.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!