Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Redhenry said:

8-10 mill apparently

Goburn ain't worth that much surely :-)
  • 106 goals in 207 appearances for Lambert at Southampton. Bit of a surprise bid from Liverpool but you can see why.
  • Peter_G said:

Think Parker.

Yus M'Lady!

actually burst out laughing. Bravo!
  • Liverpool if they wrap up these deals will have a quality English team. Hopefully they sign shaw hart and Cahill too
  • Liverpool if they wrap up these deals will have a quality English team. Hopefully they sign shaw hart and Cahill too

And Jenkinson (do we have a sell on clause?)

• Whereas Man City are selling Sinclair, Richards, Rodwell and releasing Barry and Lescott, further going against the FFP rules and the homegrown rule.
  • Ross said:

Whereas Man City are selling Sinclair, Richards, Rodwell and releasing Barry and Lescott, further going against the FFP rules and the homegrown rule.

sign them five and i'll be a fully paid up duchetalista
  • Sponsored links:

• i know its radical but any rumours about Charlton ?

• i know its radical but any rumours about Charlton ?

I've heard we're f****d, but the source is a bit dodgy.

• Liverpool up their bid for Lallana - now £25m.
  • The lallana sell on to Bournemouth is disappointing as it will help them with their FFP :(
  • SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 2m
    Charlton & a number of other Championship sides are interested in signing Le Havre midfielder Distel Zola. #cafc
  • Distel Zola is a defensive midfielder.
    We've already got Cousins & Poyet who play in that role, so maybe this suggests that one will be leaving.
  • CafcSteve said:

Distel Zola is a defensive midfielder.
    We've already got Cousins & Poyet who play in that role, so maybe this suggests that one will be leaving.

Not necessarily Mark Gower and Andy Hughes were the other two DM's in the squad and they have both left .

• Poyet will be leaving I reckon so that leaves us with Cousins. He benefits from having someone a bit more defense minded alongside him so he can get forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• There's no chance that Cousins will be used as an attacking midfielder if Poyet leaves, as he's naturally defensive.
    Cousins would take Poyet's position.
  • CafcSteve said:

Frankly it would be foolish to assume we can keep hold of two highly rated, very promising young players with the FFP rules and homegrown quotas etc. It's possible that losing one lets us keep the other but that would still leave us short.
  • thenewbie said:

CafcSteve said:

Frankly it would be foolish to assume we can keep hold of two highly rated, very promising young players with the FFP rules and homegrown quotas etc. It's possible that losing one lets us keep the other but that would still leave us short.
    I would be devastated but not surprised if poyet leaves as hes out of contract but i would be surprised if either of them were sold at this point, didn't Richard Murray say that we weren't under financial pressure so we would wait until players reach their full transfer value before considering selling, surely RD would wait a few good years with a young player before selling at least to maximise profit. And although i don't know the finances you'd think that letting go all those players must have reduced the wage bill considerable so you'd hope FFP shouldn't be a problem too much.
  • FFP isn't the issue with Poyet unfortunately. Simply that he's out of contact and whatever happens is his choice and not ours. Hopefully we show some intent quickly with signings and persuade him to stay at least another year or two.
  • TelMc32 said:

FFP isn't the issue with Poyet unfortunately. Simply that he's out of contact and whatever happens is his choice and not ours. Hopefully we show some intent quickly with signings and persuade him to stay at least another year or two.

It's not really just Poyet's decision though is it? If the offers crap then he can't be expected to take it!
  • Is this the rumours thread? You wouldn't guess it.
  • TelMc32 said:

FFP isn't the issue with Poyet unfortunately. Simply that he's out of contact and whatever happens is his choice and not ours. Hopefully we show some intent quickly with signings and persuade him to stay at least another year or two.

Does mean that due to his age we get some sort of money though doesn't it? Ends up as 'compensation' or something I thought, could be wrong. Seem to remember a similar situation when Jenkinson went to Arsenal.
  • SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 2m
    Charlton & a number of other Championship sides are interested in signing Le Havre midfielder Distel Zola. #cafc

A rumour. Be still, my beating heart.
  • thenewbie said:

TelMc32 said:

Does mean that due to his age we get some sort of money though doesn't it? Ends up as 'compensation' or something I thought, could be wrong. Seem to remember a similar situation when Jenkinson went to Arsenal.

If Diego does leave then the fee we will receive is already established. 400k. A pittance to his true value. I hope he does the right thing and signs so that we can pick up a decent fee like Jonjo did.

• TelMc32 said:

It's not really just Poyet's decision though is it? If the offers crap then he can't be expected to take it!
    You were at a party with him the other night wernt you? So guessing this is from the horses mouth
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!