Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Richard J said:

Craig Gordon is saying he has offers to make a comeback . We were rumoured to be interested before. With Hamer off is this a runner now?

No, he's a goalkeeper ;-)
  • No chance of much getting done now.

Doctor Duchatalet is currently at his underwater ocean Nuclear nerve centreRetreat, where guests from FIFA and the world referees association will be Dangled in the shark tankWined and dined to ensure Belgiums world domination at the World Cup!
  • Wow..it's really hotting up.

I can hardly keep pace with the wild speculation left, right and centre (of Belgium)

From gardening leave to current players leaving and and err... that's it.

Doesn't mean to say nothing is happening though does it. Everyone of your posts is negative, I thought your username was ironic, obviously not.
  • shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Read that Zola is more likely to join Genk. Not quite sure how good he would be anyway, but wouldn't mind him as a squad player.

Lol you have no idea how good he is but want him as a squad player ?
    Yes, in the sense that he's playing in French league two so I doubt he's good enough to start for us, but probably good enough for our squad. Not that hard to understand?

Yer I think I just about got it, you want to fill the squad with people that don't improve us just to make up the numbers.

Personally I'd rather keep those spots for youth, but what do I know.
    Do you not understand how a squad works?
    Apparently you purchase lots of players that are not good enough for the starting 11. That right yer ?
    Not everyone in a squad is good enough to be a starting player, don't really know why you're tryna be clever when there's no real need too
    You are the one who started getting all nobby, I just said there is no point signing players just to add numbers.. when we have youth for that. The whole point is to move forward by signing better players which in tern makes current players squad members. ATM we are nowhere good enough to sign people who are not going to contend.. thats all im saying
  • Not a rumour but Tamika Mkandawire released by Shrewsbury. Was a highly rated player a fews years back and was linked with us in League One. Strange how some careers pan out.
  • He's ex Millwall so won't be popular.
  • I liked him at Orient and he was player of the year in his first season at Millwall but he got injured whilst playing for the Spanners and was never the same after that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a rumour but Tamika Mkandawire released by Shrewsbury. Was a highly rated player a fews years back and was linked with us in League One. Strange how some careers pan out.

Highly rated? Where? On the scrabble circuit?

By me too. He was an excellent young centre half but that appears to have gone pear shaped. Sad really - I'd have had him in a heartbeat a couple of years ago

• Beginning to think we are waiting for Liege to finish their squad and then we'll be loaned the left overs
  • edited June 2014
    cheer up! It is rumoured we have had a bid accepted for Messi. Nothing like a nice rumour to satisfy the idio.....sorry fans!
  • Richard J said:

I liked him at Orient and he was player of the year in his first season at Millwall but he got injured whilst playing for the Spanners and was never the same after that.

NO-ONE's the same after playing for Millwall.....

• cheer up! It is rumoured we have had a bid accepted for Messi. Nothing like a nice rumour to satisfy the idio.....sorry fans!

much better.

• Richard Murray can tell us how we nearly got him, but he wanted to stay in Barcelona with his dying cocker spaniel.

arent you thinking of Magnus Okuonghae?
  • cheer up! It is rumoured we have had a bid accepted for Messi. Nothing like a nice rumour to satisfy the idio.....sorry fans!

club just delaying the confirmation of this until the afternoon of the day Poyet announces he's signing for Palace....

arent you thinking of Magnus Okuonghae?
    No.
  • Oakster said:

cheer up! It is rumoured we have had a bid accepted for Messi. Nothing like a nice rumour to satisfy the idio.....sorry fans!

club just delaying the confirmation of this until the afternoon of the day Poyet announces he's signing for Palace....
    so close to handing out my first flag. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

Do Palace even use Midfielders now they have Pulis?

Unless he can learn to take a really long throw in, Diego would be out of luck touching the ball for them.
  • Cheer up, its only 4 weeks till the end of June and by then we'll have all our squad in place. Maybe there'll be a signing tomorrow to convince those still not sure to take the plunge and beat the deadline for a season ticket.
  • Roy keane in talks for Aston villa asst managers job.
  • Yoni Buyens?

I have no idea what this says so I'm putting 2+2 together

@d_demyttenaere: Yoni #Buyens vers Charlton http://t.co/ajVNPYUjYb via @ladh #cafc
  • @BeNeFoot: Belgian midfielder Yoni Buyens moves from Standard Liège to Bob Peeters’ Charlton Athletic. (via @ladh) #rscl #cafc
  • 26 played 93 times for SL
  • @BeNeFoot: Belgian midfielder Yoni Buyens moves from Standard Liège to Bob Peeters’ Charlton Athletic. (via @ladh) #rscl #cafc

Hes a good player happy if this is true , one of there main players centre mid .
  • Que the moans we only buy network players ;)
    But this is definatly a better standard than what we was getting before.
  • Google translate from Greenie Juniors link :-)
    Not used last season, he was part of the long list of Median sedges on departure
    Ibrahima Cisse, transferred to Malines, will not only leave the median Standard this summer. Far from it!

Alpaslan Ozturk, who finished the season on loan at Kasimpasa is supposed to return because the Turkish club has not exercised the option, but not in the plans of Guy Luzon. He can go to Charlton, but his desire is to still play a year in Belgium before returning to Turkey. There are more chances to see Yoni Buyens join Charlton. After three seasons spent in Belgium, William Winner should leave Standard. There is interest in Italy and England in particular ...

What about Paul-José Mpoku? The Imp has recently extended his contract and remain assured that the Standard next season. But the direct non-qualification for the Champions League could change that. Especially since German and Italian clubs (Naples) are interested. And that the new contract includes a clause Mpoku out if a club puts € 3.9 million (there is also a percentage resale) on the table and find an agreement with the player, the case is made. If this scenario does not want management to happen, the Standard would still adorned on the sides with Mehdi Carcela Geoffrey Mujangi Bia and Adrien Trebel. The last reinforcement sedge is left-handed and can play on the side, even if its place of choice is in the axis.

In attack, the Standard is also preparing to lose Batshuayi. Among the tracks listed to replace the name of Vetokele was quoted. But Copenhagen is hoping for a big transfer fee and there is little chance that the attacker landed at Sclessin.

Opare Puerto agent against attack

Daniel Opare, who came out of contract at Standard, has indeed signed at Oporto. His agent had said that neither he nor the defense had not had any contact with the club Defour and Mangala. But it now appears that he has doubled.

"Daniel was signed in Oporto us without warning, without our help" , says Samuel Okoronkwo Jr, Daniel Opare himself had informed us. "Apparently Porto was contacted to conclude an agreement. We can not tolerate these practices . We will inform FIFA and we will attack Daniel Porto and anyone who would have helped in this deal for financial compensation. "
  • Well I have never heard of him, other than a bit of Spanish football I tend to keep to the English game. Will not get excited until I see him in The Championship.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!