Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Richard J said:
    Another deal down the shi**er. So angry.

If we lose Poyet I'm heading stratight to Újpest to burn their ground to ashes.
    He chose Chelsea over Charlton ? Can't blame him
  • RedChaser said:

Freddie Gay lord

Can any clever wordsmith come up with a nickname for young Tennyson ?

Was thinking more in terms of something rhyming with Sonkey but I can't come up with anything.

It might tempt some but I'm going to steer clear of anything racist and flag worthy and risk a whoosh with 'Donkey'.
    surely if we did sign him hed be subject to "the charge of the height brigade"

• Richard J said:
    Another deal down the shi**er. So angry.

If we lose Poyet I'm heading stratight to Újpest to burn their ground to ashes.
    He chose Chelsea over Charlton ? Can't blame him

Did we definitely go for him then ? I saw speculation on Wyn Grant's Blog ,but nothing else. If we did go for Schwarzer it does give me hope that we may acquire some quality recruits this summer.
  • Schwartzer must be on crazy money by our standards even now at his age. I would imagine that whatever he has just agreed with Chelsea would be at least treble our maximum at least.

I would honestly prefer Pope and a cost nothing number two and pay the balance to Poyet to keep him.
  • edited June 2014
    we were after Fred Schwarzer Standard Leiges 8th stream goal keeper --rumours are he once caught a cold so RD thought he was good in the air. Although having seen the video on YouTripe looks like he drops it to me.
  • Tennyson Sonkey, 31 year-old Cameroonian hotshot who took the Belgian division 3B by storm last year.

You heard it here 1st.

Poetry in motion?
    as long as he doesn't walk around lonely as a cloud......................

I'll get me coat.
  • We aren't in for anyone in the English leagues, all of these rumours are pulled out peoples arse's for a bit of attention. CoG wasn't going happen, and obviously nor was Schwarzer.. Bob and Roly Poly will be taking what they can from SL to bulster our squad, not paying 500k for a borderline League One striker.
  • edited June 2014

We aren't in for anyone in the English leagues, all of these rumours are pulled out peoples arse's for a bit of attention. CoG wasn't going happen, and obviously nor was Schwarzer.. Bob and Roly Poly will be taking what they can from SL to bulster our squad, not paying 500k for a borderline League One striker.

How do you explain Kurtis Cumberbatch then?... ;-)

I'm expecting some signings to be from English clubs. Mainly because we need so many.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

We aren't in for anyone in the English leagues, all of these rumours are pulled out peoples arse's for a bit of attention. CoG wasn't going happen, and obviously nor was Schwarzer.. Bob and Roly Poly will be taking what they can from SL to bulster our squad, not paying 500k for a borderline League One striker.

I'm expecting some signings to be from English clubs. Mainly because we need so many.
    How much did we pay for him and what contract is he on? The answers to those questions will tell you everything. It's ever seemingly evident we aren't prepared to pay Championship wages to players, facts and rumours all showing this. Championship proven players will have plenty of other better offers than ours.
  • Zac Ansah and possibly Luke Ayling!!!
  • edited June 2014
    Conor Henderson available on a free from Hull?

Is Zac a Charlton fan like his Dad?
  • Scoham said:

How much did we pay for him and what contract is he on? The answers to those questions will tell you everything. It's ever seemingly evident we aren't prepared to pay Championship wages to players, facts and rumours all showing this. Championship proven players will have plenty of other better offers than ours.
    Obviously I wasn't being serious about Cumberbatch, a player brought in to play for the u21s.

Depends what you call Championship wages. Jackson and Wiggins both signed new deals in the last few months. It was always going to be difficult to keep Hamer when a Prem club came in for him offering a long term contract.

Some players will have better offers but I'll be surprised if we only sign players from abroad. I've not seen any evidence of the sort of wages O'Grady or other targets have asked for. We might be willing to pay him what Jackson's on but not say £10k a week.
  • Not a rumour but if we're looking for a target man, what about Tom Pope? I know he was a bit of a hot shot a few seasons back, any idea how he done the season just gone?
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Obviously I wasn't being serious about Cumberbatch, a player brought in to play for the u21s.

Depends what you call Championship wages. Jackson and Wiggins both signed new deals in the last few months. It was always going to be difficult to keep Hamer when a Prem club came in for him offering a long term contract.

Some players will have better offers but I'll be surprised if we only sign players from abroad. I've not seen any evidence of the sort of wages O'Grady or other targets have asked for. We might be willing to pay him what Jackson's on but not say £10k a week.
    Jackson loves the club, and is nearing the end of his career, would of been a huge risk to his family to not sign the contract and hope for a better one elsewhere, he would of signed most contracts put on the table to him. Wiggins somewhat similar, could of got good offers elsewhere but has a family now and from what I can see loves London and a big family man, in the same position I'd of done the same as him as long as it was a comfortable amount (of which it is to most pro footballers) - now the problem lays in ENTICING new players, if we're struggling to keep some of our own (most).. It's really not a good view coming to our club, there are more to the players not signing nearing the end of last season then the club let us know, I've heard differing stories but will keep them to the future.

Would LOVE to sign one very experienced Championship player for each position including keeper, but doubt we will sign even one total.
  • I am a bit disappointed that we have not been linked to Darren Bent yet.
  • Redrobo, just for you.

Charltom table bid for Darren Bent.
  • Redrobo said:

I am a bit disappointed that we have not been linked to Darren Bent yet.

Or Hayden Mullins.

• Sponsored links:

• Thanks Addict. All seems right in my world now.
  • Oggy Red said:

Redrobo said:

I am a bit disappointed that we have not been linked to Darren Bent yet.

Or Hayden Mullins.

And not forgetting Darren Purse.
  • Or Julian Gray.
  • In amongst all the usual jokes etc we seem to have missed this....

Zac Ansah and possibly Luke Ayling!!!

Is this a wish list or an actual rumour?

• edited June 2014
    90% of the signings are done.
    They are just waiting for the dust to settle on the obscure Bob Peeters appointment before they release details of their even more obscure recruitment drive!

As a mate said to me on the rumoured potential intake.
    "if you've heard of them ,then it's probably not a goer"
  • 90% of the signings are done.
    They are just waiting for the dust to settle on the obscure Bob Peeters appointment before they release details of their even more obscure recruitment drive!

As a mate said to me on the rumoured potential intake.
    "if you've heard of them ,then it's probably not a goer"

I can't wait. Will give Wikipedia a bashing again.

• Scroll down and look at the box - Its Charton not Charlton....

• Is Athletico Janet St Clair??? ........................."Roland, Roland"
  • Jason bent more like.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!