Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• edited June 2014
    As regulars know I enjoy the speculation of this time of year even though I accept that 95% is crap. Nothing new this was rehashed on FR last night by someone calling himself Football Source 1905.

Haven't seen these rumours elsewhere other than FR and similar types of Twitter accounts .

05 Jun 2014 22:54:06
    Sam Baldock 25, looks like he is heading to Charlton. As Chris O'Grady deal looks like it's fading.

Football Source 1905

5 Jun 2014 22:52:58
    Stevie May is a target for championship club Charlton Ath, the 21 year old is an exciting prospect. And could leave the SPL for a few million.

• May is the right age for Roland and certainly is an exciting prospect but I suspect a bit of a bidding war is likely for his services which I think will rule us out.
  • May is the right age for Roland and certainly is an exciting prospect but I suspect a bit of a bidding war is likely for his services which I think will rule us out.

RD might be more inclined to try to outbid other clubs for young talent. He has shown that he prepared to pay for young players...e.g. Polish Pete.
  • Richard J said:

As regulars know I enjoy the speculation of this time of year even though I accept that 95% is crap. Nothing new this was rehashed on FR last night by someone calling himself Football Source 1905.

Haven't seen these rumours elsewhere other than FR and similar types of Twitter accounts .

05 Jun 2014 22:54:06
    Sam Baldock 25, looks like he is heading to Charlton. As Chris O'Grady deal looks like it's fading.

Football Source 1905

5 Jun 2014 22:52:58
    Stevie May is a target for championship club Charlton Ath, the 21 year old is an exciting prospect. And could leave the SPL for a few million.

Baldock and May would be superb and I'd take both of them over O'Grady….and Reza and Church for that matter!
  • "for a few million"

Ha
  • Yes laughable - like it is loose change!
  • sam3110 said:

"for a few million"

Ha

huh ;0)

Corrected that for you

• Rotherham were interested in signing Stevie May in January.

There were plenty of press reports suggesting that St Johnstone wanted 800k for him.

His price may have risen a little bit since then, but I doubt it's a 'few million'.

There were plenty of press reports suggesting that St Johnstone wanted 800k for him.

His price may have risen a little bit since then, but I doubt it's a 'few million'.

Could be wrong but I thought he was out of contract?
  • edited June 2014

Rotherham were interested in signing Stevie May in January.

He extended his current deal in October, so he's under contract until next summer.

• Sponsored links:

• "Shiny and new" it once was but the paint is now dull and the rust is showing through.

He extended his current deal in October, so he's under contract until next summer.

Cheers.
  • Zac Ansah 2 year deal
  • Zac Ansah 2 year deal

Highly rated but is he ready for the first team?
  • Zac Ansah 2 year deal

Highly rated but is he ready for the first team?
    OS say he'll join up with the u21s.
  • Two signings for the development squad now... none for the first team. I except RD is just hoping one of them comes good so he can sell him for big money
  • Nothing wrong with that though. Would make a change to see us develop players (academy or from elsewhere) and get big fees for them. Outside of the Prem it's probably the only way we could break even or maybe even make a profit.
  • Scoham said:

Nothing wrong with that though. Would make a change to see us develop players (academy or from elsewhere) and get big fees for them. Outside of the Prem it's probably the only way we could break even or maybe even make a profit.

True. But the core of the team will need to be experienced alongside them. That involves keeping Morrison.
  • cfgs said:

In amongst all the usual jokes etc we seem to have missed this....

Zac Ansah and possibly Luke Ayling!!!

Is this a wish list or an actual rumour?

Led to believe ansah has signed and Ayling is a stong possibility.

Nice one CJLC
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2014
    I'm sure we'll see some experienced players come in. Those sort of players probably have more options, it's not surprising deals like Ansah get done earlier. Might be wrong but I think we also signed Pritchard, Bover and Pope quite early in the summer a few years ago.
  • Stevie May would be a brilliant signing.

He wouldn't go for a few million - £1 million at most is reported in Scotland.

Young and powerful with a great shot on him.
  • Luke Ayling next?
  • Quite happy to have been proved wrong. Welcome Zac .
  • edited June 2014
    Ayling is a good player but right back is probably our strongest position in the squad. Do we need him?
  • lolwray said:

Ayling is a good player but right back is probably our strongest position in the squad. Do we need him?

one of our right backs is "ailing" already

And the other one should be playing on right wing according to most of us on here
  • lolwray said:

one of our right backs is "ailing" already

And the other one should be playing on right wing according to most of us on here
    Good point.
  • For some reason I thought he was a centre back. Shows how little I know about him
  • For some reason I thought he was a centre back. Shows how little I know about him

I think he is versatile and was a Centre back in his Arsenal days . This is what our favourite pundit Steve Claridge said about him when he was at Arsenal.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/apr/28/arsenal-luke-ayling-scouting-report-steve-claridge

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!