Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Scoham said:

Would love Baldock, but I can't see us going for him

Why not? Because he doesn't play in Belgium?

He's the sort of English based player I could see us going for. Only has a year left on his contract, has Championship experience but is playing in League 1.
    Well, it may sound stupid but partly yes. Mainly because I think the way RD works is that he's keen on signing young players who he can eventually make a profit on. I agree Baldock is the kind of player we SHOULD be going for but I'm just not sure we will
  • I can't be the only one who thinks that 12k for a championship player isn't that much? Considering how much prem players earn

But he's a league1 player
  • Plus they said a week or two ago that he's not for sale. I can't see Roland offering a sum that would make him 'for sale'
  • Roland doesn't like agents, within the network he has almost effectively erased agents from doing their dirty work (costing him money), but the problem is every other team outside of this involves agents and players asking for a lot more money than RD is prepared to pay. Really do hope he proves me wrong and signs an efficient CHAMPIONSHIP player.
  • I don't think Roland is opposed to spending money but are his expectations of a Championship player's salary realistic?
  • edited June 2014

Roland doesn't like agents, within the network he has almost effectively erased agents from doing their dirty work (costing him money), but the problem is every other team outside of this involves agents and players asking for a lot more money than RD is prepared to pay. Really do hope he proves me wrong and signs an efficient CHAMPIONSHIP player.

Sorry but that's nonsense. Of course the "network" offers opportunities to move players around within it but suggesting that players won't be signed from outside because they have agents is quite frankly risable. Did Piotr come from within the network. no. Did he have an agent ? Of course he did. Do Standard Liege acquire players are they from within the network ? No, well in that case RD deals with agents.

Does O'Grady have an agent, Ansah, the other non network players we are being linked with ?

I can't be doing with this constant stream of negativity based on not one shrewd of evidence or even the facts as we know them.

• Why do people feel the need to make things up about Roland.
  • Roland doesn't like agents, within the network he has almost effectively erased agents from doing their dirty work (costing him money), but the problem is every other team outside of this involves agents and players asking for a lot more money than RD is prepared to pay. Really do hope he proves me wrong and signs an efficient CHAMPIONSHIP player.

Sorry but that's nonsense. Of course the "network" offers opportunities to move players around within it but suggesting that players won't be signed from outside because they have agents is quite frankly risable. Did Piotr come from within the network. no. Did he have an agent ? Of course he did. Do Standard Liege acquire players are they from within the network ? No, well in that case RD deals with agents.

Does O'Grady have an agent, Ansah, the other non network players we are being linked with ?

I can't be doing with this constant stream of negativity based on not one shrewd of evidence or even the facts as we know them.

Piotr didn't essentially have an agent no, his agent was/is Beratung durch Familienangehörigen.. google it. So your 'of course he did' is nonsense. I didnt say RD doesn't deal with agents, I said he doesn't like them.. he does't agree with what they do in the business. I agree with him somewhat and respect he doesnt want to pay out so much unneccesary money, which is why Beratung durch Familienangehörigen is a good thing.

He will deal with agents just perhaps hesitantly, what I'm saying isnt negative just what I know about RD from speaking with people.
  • I thought agent Dudu was responsible for most of the network players? The latest Liege player linked with us also has an agent.
  • I thought agent Dudu was responsible for most of the network players? The latest Liege player linked with us also has an agent.

He's a load of poo-poo...

Sorry. Too easy
  • Sponsored links:

Sorry. Too easy
    Serious question- do you actually support Charlton?? You are so negative 24/7, it's boring. I bet you missus loves you.
  • cafc_joe said:

I thought agent Dudu was responsible for most of the network players? The latest Liege player linked with us also has an agent.

Sorry. Too easy
    Serious question- do you actually support Charlton?? You are so negative 24/7, it's boring. I bet you missus loves you.
    Of course I do, not sure where my negativity lays in saying the man doesnt like agents. I agree with him on the sentiment to be fair, and most peoples missus' do love them. I'll leave it there, plenty of players out there for us lets see who we can get hold of!
  • I heard from a reliable source that we're gonna sign someone and moan about it.
  • I heard a from a very unreliable source that we are going to sign someone and not moan about it, nah impossible! Think I will believe Jac52 one.
  • Went on sky sports website and couldn't find anything linking him with us
  • Scoham said:
    A 30-year-old winger with dodgy knees - doesn't sound like he'd meet RD's criteria.
  • Sam Saunders is very much a playmaker-type. Superb with all types of free-kicks and technically pretty good. I'd be surprised if we went for him but you never know.
  • Sam Saunders is a poor man's Danny Green...
  • Saunders is a cult hero at griffin park, will be very surprised if we went in for him, but then again it would fit peeters saying he wants to "add experience" to the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sam Saunders is/was a very good player. His injury history does concern me, but seeing him in the past he was very good. Not a bad signing to make if cheap.
  • Better off with Colonel Saunders, totally and utterly underwhelmed with Saunders rumour.
  • Pedro45 said:

Sam Saunders is a poor man's Danny Green...

I thought Danny Green was a poor man's David Beckham?
  • Sam Saunders local lad lived in ERITH
  • Cheer up lads. Reinforcements are on their way.
    Spotted coming out of Dover Docks this morning "Transports Valiante" lorry. Gotta be new players, Right?
  • Scoham said:

Pedro45 said:

Sam Saunders is a poor man's Danny Green...

I thought Danny Green was a poor man's David Beckham?
    He was...but what does that then make Saunders?!?
  • Cheer up lads. Reinforcements are on their way.
    Spotted coming out of Dover Docks this morning "Transports Valiante" lorry. Gotta be new players, Right?

Isn't it cheaper to buy in bulk??
  • edited June 2014
    Repeating what others are saying really but he is a similar level to Green.
  • Repeating what others are saying really but he is a similar level to Green.

Agree with the Green comparison although Saunders has much higher quality with the dead-balls. Can set up goals with balls whipped in and can score direct from them. Whether he could do it at Championship level is a question mark and he has had injury issues of late.
  • Doesn't seem to be what I'm hoping we sign.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!