Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Jennifer Saunders is in training
  • This Saunders rumour has only come from one source, Wyn Grant's blog. Last week it was Mark Schwarzer, once again only from Wyn's blog. Now I don't know where Wyn gets this from but if I were him I'd stop posting it because its obviously bollocks. No way could we compete with Chelsea wages wise for Schwarzer and even Saunders himself knows nothing about it. We all like a good rumour but I'd prefer if there were even an ounce of truth to it.

don't be daft - it wouldn't be posted on the CL rumours thread if there was an ounce of truth to it...............
  • This Saunders rumour has only come from one source, Wyn Grant's blog. Last week it was Mark Schwarzer, once again only from Wyn's blog. Now I don't know where Wyn gets this from but if I were him I'd stop posting it because its obviously bollocks. No way could we compete with Chelsea wages wise for Schwarzer and even Saunders himself knows nothing about it. We all like a good rumour but I'd prefer if there were even an ounce of truth to it.

don't be daft - it wouldn't be posted on the CL rumours thread if there was an ounce of truth to it...............
    If we know something is not true, then it's not a rumour. However if we are uncertain, then it is a rumour. So who's going to start the "we made this up" thread so we can keep this one strictly for rumours?
  • Calm down, Large.

You might go into labour....

:-)
  • To be honest, I am expecting to have to google at least 75% of any new Charlton signings at the minimum anyway, so how plausible they are would be lost on me for the most part I expect.
  • Bubble said:

This Saunders rumour has only come from one source, Wyn Grant's blog. Last week it was Mark Schwarzer, once again only from Wyn's blog. Now I don't know where Wyn gets this from but if I were him I'd stop posting it because its obviously bollocks. No way could we compete with Chelsea wages wise for Schwarzer and even Saunders himself knows nothing about it. We all like a good rumour but I'd prefer if there were even an ounce of truth to it.

In fairness the comment on Schwarzer was not made by Wyn Grant but in a comment which added by someone else on his blog
    Fair enough, I stand corrected on that.

The reason Wyn runs a blog is because he doesn't want numpties like you telling him what he can and can't post. If you don't like it, don't read it. Wyn always writes about things he's heard, doesn't mean he's a journalist it means he's just writing his own blog about charlton and can write whatever the hell he likes.

Is that opposed to a numpty like you telling me what I can and cannot post?

• its all gone very quite.
  • Sponsored links:

• its all gone very quite.

Yes... but very quite what?
  • Calm before the storm.

Shed load of Belgian volcanic football junk heading this way according to the met office.
  • I've just heard a rumour about your missus.
  • To paraphrase Yes Minister

K&F: I heard a rumour that Charlton are signing Louis Suarez
    Charlton Life: Is it true?
    K&F: Yes
    Charlton Life: We're signing Suarez! Amazing.
    K&F: I never said that.
    Charlton Life: Yes you did! You said it was true that Charlton are signing Suarez.
    K&F: No I didn't. I said it was true that I had heard a rumour that Charlton are signing Suarez.
    Charlton Life: So, do you believe the rumour?
    K&F: No

If we sign him, he is world class, the next big thing, in his prime.

If someone else signs him, he is league one at best, had one good season, past his best.
  • edited June 2014
    I have heard following :

O'Grady deal off unless he lowers his expectations

Baldock deal looks frozen .. Bristol ignored Cafc enquiries so far - looks unlikely anything will happen at all

We have also enquired about Scunthorpe United forward paddy madden

Also heard we are looking at a winger
  • edited June 2014
    And we look like we will sign 2 players from Belgium & 1 from Germany (I think ) next week
  • I have heard following :

O'Grady deal off unless he lowers his expectations

Baldock deal looks frozen .. Bristol ignored Cafc enquiries so far - looks unlikely anything will happen at all

We have also enquired about Scunthorpe United forward paddy madden

Also heard we are looking at a winger

1 - Good. Piss off. We aer bigger than Barnsley but don't take the piss.

2 - Shame. I like him

3 - Was good. Then went shit. Questions about attitude.

• Carl Zeiss Zena the German Club, a winger.
  • Would take madden but only as a squad player. Shame about baldock. Hopefully we can chase that up?

I'd imagine this winger at CZJ will be pretty good as we're higher up the pecking order than them
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2014
    Tino Schmidt (without having seen him play) looks to fit the RD model.
  • Tino Schmidt (without having seen him play) looks to fit the RD model.

Fails OUR model though...only 5' 7"!!
  • I can't wait for our first proper signing, the suspense is building. I have a feeling it's gonna be quite anti climatic though
  • I have been working on a song for him.

To Dexy's "Geno"

"Tino. Tino, Tino"
  • I have been working on a song for him.

To Dexy's "Geno"

"Tino. Tino, Tino"

Oooooh Tinooooo!!
  • Love how Leeds are trying to get out of signing Cameron Stewart. Wouldn't want him back that's for sure. Had the odd couple of good games but so frustrating to watch.
  • Love how Leeds are trying to get out of signing Cameron Stewart. Wouldn't want him back that's for sure. Had the odd couple of good games but so frustrating to watch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2654213/Cameron-Stewarts-transfer-Leeds-cancelled-Massimo-Cellino-second-thoughts.html
  • I've heard that Andy 'Leeds is the land of milk & honey' Hughes isn't answering Stewart's calls...
  • I've heard that Andy 'Leeds is the land of milk & honey' Hughes isn't answering Stewart's calls...
  • edited June 2014

Love how Leeds are trying to get out of signing Cameron Stewart. Wouldn't want him back that's for sure. Had the odd couple of good games but so frustrating to watch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2654213/Cameron-Stewarts-transfer-Leeds-cancelled-Massimo-Cellino-second-thoughts.html
    Did ok for us, would have been happy to keep him until the end of the season, but didn't see why Leeds wanted to give him a 3 year deal.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!