Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• FRESH NEWS ON O'GRADY: He has lowered his demands for weekly wage to more reasonable amount, CAFC not the only club to refuse to fund such silly wages,

Ball is now in our court - Deal is not dead as of yet .. but definitely still no where near completion

Where has that come from?
  • FRESH NEWS ON O'GRADY: He has lowered his demands for weekly wage to more reasonable amount, CAFC not the only club to refuse to fund such silly wages,

Ball is now in our court - Deal is not dead as of yet .. but definitely still no where near completion

If that is true, it is interesting in that it near enough confirms he was asking for daft money initially - RD being prudent/miserly is one thing but we have already seen teams that are willing to spend big on wages and still COG (or perhaps more fairly/accurately his agent?) needs to reel it in a little.

Where has that come from?
    Source in club
  • Jimmy stone is at the training ground today .. wonder why ??

Seems like an interview with Bob Peeters for CAFC Player - maybe BP is there for another purpose as well? Let's hope so!
  • If we do want him then surely we can compete with Rotherham for his signature. I will be bloody concerned if they can out muscle us.

No way is Roland going to get into auctions, that is not his way and I agree.
  • Heard we're looking at getting a striker on loan from Standard Liege

Is he "sh#t hot"?
    Very close...you just didn't need to type those last three letters...

;-)
  • dickplumb said:

Who is Jimmy Stone?

Is he related to Sharon Stone?

Now there's a player that I wouldn't mind seeing dribbling on the freshly laid turf of the Valley.

• If he is back talking to us, does that mean we offered the best package of all the clubs? Just a thought.

• edited June 2014
    Lets not be to hard on him . If he has a family a move to Rotherham would mean he does not need to move house , change his kids schools etc. Leon Best choose the Massives over us last season for those reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• craigcafc said:

Jimmy stone is at the training ground today .. wonder why ??

Seems like an interview with Bob Peeters for CAFC Player - maybe BP is there for another purpose as well? Let's hope so!
    he's probably finally turning up to his office to do some work.
  • Why does he have to move?

We play in South London, not South Africa.

He's hardly having to do a nine to five then commute for three hours both ways is he?
  • Now there's a player that I wouldn't mind seeing dribbling on the freshly laid turf of the Valley.

Is it really neccessary to use the term 'freshly laid' regarding Ms Stone before the watershed ?
  • dickplumb said:

Who is Jimmy Stone?

Is he related to Sharon Stone?

Now there's a player that I wouldn't mind seeing dribbling on the freshly laid turf of the Valley.

I saw her turf once in that movie.
  • Whoever has played out the contract negotiations in such a public way has done COG no favours at all. If uprooting down South is so difficult, it creates a question mark as to whether this is a good move for the club or O'Grady.
  • Granpa said:

Is it really neccessary to use the term 'freshly laid' regarding Ms Stone before the watershed ?

Wouldn't mind her crossing her legs in our box next season either..

• Addickted said:

Why does he have to move?

We play in South London, not South Africa.

He's hardly having to do a nine to five then commute for three hours both ways is he?

Training every day mate, that's quite important I think
  • Shows how quiet it has been that this thread had snuck onto page 2.

People sort you lives out and make up more bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2014
    Ed. Maguire from Sheff Utd would be good although not cheap.

Predictive text!
  • Mature from Sheff Utd would be good although not cheap.

A Mature comment.

• A Mature comment.

Sharp as a Blade !
  • Granpa said:

A Mature comment.

Sharp as a Blade !

Would add a bit of steel to the defence as well.
  • Former England and Tottenham midfielder David Bentley, 29, who was released by Spurs 12 months ago, has retired.

Retiring rather than knuckling down and working hard, possibly dropping a division or so? Plank!
  • That may be unfair - we don't know the full circumstances
  • Fair point. Interview here....

newstalk.ie/shows/47.305.363/25842/0/

The Ex-England cap talks candidly to Off The Ball's Joe Molloy about calling time on his career and why the fun has gone out of modern football

At the start of the noughties, midfielder David Bentley was seen as one of the next big things to come out of the Arsenal academy.

However, 12 years on, the ex-England international has called time on his career at the tender age of 29.

The player who also represented Blackburn and Tottenham, as well as loan spells at other English clubs and one Russian side, has decided to concentrate on his restaurant business, having drifted out of the game.

Tonight, he chatted to Joe about the decision to call time on his career.

"My contract ended with Tottenham last July. Then me and the missus had little baby twins. She fell pregnant around September or October and then I just fell into looking after her and when the twins were coming I didn't want to be away from them. And then I decided that I quite enjoyed not playing anymore. So I've fallen into not playing, really," he admitted, who added that other aspects of the modern football career had taken the "excitement and fun" out of things.

Bentley revealed that a sort of falling out of love with aspects of football had progressed over time with the "pure, artistic" side disappearing out of the game and being replaced by cold analytics, making it more like a job.

"I didn't like that side of things. I always battled with it. I always wanted to enjoy every minute of it. It's a shame it's gone that way," said the man who joined Arsenal at 13.

Bentley also spoke to Joe about the way expressive players are being stifled within the English game because of the pressures on managers.

He also touched on what the future holds for him after drifting away from football and why "chasing the pound note" will not lead to happiness and he confirmed that he had turned down offers to return.

Bentley also discussed the moment he threw a bucket of water over Harry Redknapp in 2010 and how that affected on their relationship.

• Sounds like a decent bloke to me
  • Dizzle said:

Fair point. Interview here....

newstalk.ie/shows/47.305.363/25842/0/

The Ex-England cap talks candidly to Off The Ball's Joe Molloy about calling time on his career and why the fun has gone out of modern football

At the start of the noughties, midfielder David Bentley was seen as one of the next big things to come out of the Arsenal academy.

However, 12 years on, the ex-England international has called time on his career at the tender age of 29.

The player who also represented Blackburn and Tottenham, as well as loan spells at other English clubs and one Russian side, has decided to concentrate on his restaurant business, having drifted out of the game.

Tonight, he chatted to Joe about the decision to call time on his career.

"My contract ended with Tottenham last July. Then me and the missus had little baby twins. She fell pregnant around September or October and then I just fell into looking after her and when the twins were coming I didn't want to be away from them. And then I decided that I quite enjoyed not playing anymore. So I've fallen into not playing, really," he admitted, who added that other aspects of the modern football career had taken the "excitement and fun" out of things.

Bentley revealed that a sort of falling out of love with aspects of football had progressed over time with the "pure, artistic" side disappearing out of the game and being replaced by cold analytics, making it more like a job.

"I didn't like that side of things. I always battled with it. I always wanted to enjoy every minute of it. It's a shame it's gone that way," said the man who joined Arsenal at 13.

Bentley also spoke to Joe about the way expressive players are being stifled within the English game because of the pressures on managers.

He also touched on what the future holds for him after drifting away from football and why "chasing the pound note" will not lead to happiness and he confirmed that he had turned down offers to return.

Bentley also discussed the moment he threw a bucket of water over Harry Redknapp in 2010 and how that affected on their relationship.

Hm, don't seem to remember much pure artistry from Bentley in the past few years, just him spaffing the ball out of play every time he tried to cross it. Reads to me more like a jump before you're pushed story; 'no, I wasn't released because I spent more time on my hair than my training, the game just got too corporate man'. If he thinks tactical football is too much like a job he's going to have a very surprising time of it when he has to get employment. Retiring at 29 isn't going to set you up for life.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!