Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• The mouse, the mouse is on fire.
    Open the cheque book up roly.
  • Or maybe the moose
  • Coventry have some good young players. Wilson, Christie and Moussa are the stand outs. I expect all three will be in the championship next year. Wilson will probably end up at Bournemouth. Christie I believe is off to Huddersfiled and Moussa, well hopefully he will join us.
  • A simple question, why is he released from L1 Coventry?... Anyone know why?

Coventry City manager Steven Pressley has said he expects midfielder Franck Moussa and defender Cyrus Christie to leave the club this summer after talks with their respective agents had so far failed to bring about new deals.

The club have been involved in talks with the duo's representatives to extend their stay with the Sky Blues although those talks have not resulted in any agreements.

Pressley said: "Franck has had an excellent season for us and he is fully aware of how much I think of him as a player. I would like him to stay but the reality of the situation is that he may seek football at a higher level. That could well be in the Championship which would mean a higher level of wages, something we would obviously find very difficult to compete with.

"We have in no way given up but the conversation with Franck has centred more around his ambition to player at a higher level so it looks most likely that he will choose to leave in the summer."

So he's expecting high wages... Well that rumour was fun whilst it lasted!
  • He'll be on very low wages at Coventry, reckon we could pick him up for 4-5k a week.
  • dickplumb said:

He didn't want to sign a new contract with Coventry.

Can't say I blame him.
  • Coventry are broke. Basically selling anyone who starts to show form. Pressley's done wonders there but I can't forgive him for not signing on the dotted line in our first season in the championship, could've given us the oomph that we lacked for a play off push.
  • Quoting from today's SLP which I have just purchased 'The Addicks have been linked with Tommy Smith a free agent after leaving Cardiff.A loan move had been proposed last season but did not come to fruition'.

I used to like him a lot , but he is 34 now and only made 3 Cup appearances for Cardiff last season. For a while 10 years ago Smith was in the Julian Gray, Hayden Mullins and Darren Purse mould of being linked with us almost every window. Didn't he have a trial with us once in the Curbs era ?
  • Richard J said:

Quoting from today's SLP which I have just purchased 'The Addicks have been linked with Tommy Smith a free agent after leaving Cardiff.A loan move had been proposed last season but did not come to fruition'.

I used to like him a lot , but he is 34 now and only made 3 Cup appearances for Cardiff last season. For a while 10 years ago Smith was in the Julian Gray, Hayden Mullins and Darren Purse mould of being linked with us almost every window. Didn't he have a trial with us once in the Curbs era ?

Too old.
  • Trialled in 2003.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trialled in 2003.

not guilty verdict ???
  • Trialled in 2003.

not guilty verdict ???
    He was let off with a move elsewhere
  • Cyrus Christie wouldnt be a bad backup as RB... Quick player

Think thats the last position we need with Solly, Wilson and Nego all able to play there
  • shirty5 said:

Richard J said:

Quoting from today's SLP which I have just purchased 'The Addicks have been linked with Tommy Smith a free agent after leaving Cardiff.A loan move had been proposed last season but did not come to fruition'.

Too old.
    Could be the new Kevin Phillips though

• If RD buys Moussa that will just be proof that he is only interested in expanding his network of Belgian players, and firming up Charlton's role as a testing ground for SL.

I will only believe that RD has the interests of our club at heart when he starts buying English players of proven Championship quality or when he sells SL and gets a big sword tattooed on his arse.

Totally unfair. Yes he happens to be Belgian, but would you say the same if we snapped up Eden Hazard and Kompany?
    Yes he is Belgian, but he isn't a Liege cast off or even an Anderlecht cast off, he is a player who has played in English football for a fair bit now.
  • If RD buys Moussa that will just be proof that he is only interested in expanding his network of Belgian players, and firming up Charlton's role as a testing ground for SL.

I will only believe that RD has the interests of our club at heart when he starts buying English players of proven Championship quality or when he sells SL and gets a big sword tattooed on his arse.

Totally unfair. Yes he happens to be Belgian, but would you say the same if we snapped up Eden Hazard and Kompany?
    Yes he is Belgian, but he isn't a Liege cast off or even an Anderlecht cast off, he is a player who has played in English football for a fair bit now.
    I'm most certain he was joking

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    BREAKING NEWS: Charlton agree fee with @FCKobenhavn for the transfer of striker Igor Vetokele. More to follow shortly... #cafc
  • With a name like Igor I was expecting a giant Eastern European who was brought up on a gulag

Turns out he's a 5'8" Angolan

Descent goalscoring record and young too

The fact we have announced it leads me to think we are very close
  • Is this the "shit-hot" striker we've been waiting for?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2014
    so hes club side is Fck o ben Havn
  • Stephan Anderson is their keeper, hopefully he's put a word in!
  • The FC Kobenhavn website says it is a done deal subject to medical a formally agreeing personal terms.
  • ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the old "personal terms" ploy
  • Looks like he's played for Belgium U21's
  • There we go. Another Belgian. I told you. Will this madness never end?

• If there is one thing I hate it's signing a player without at least 32 pages of speculation, criticism and general drivel on the rumours thread.

Just not good enough.

• Sounds like the deal is close, tweeted by Richard Cawley:-

Vetokele: I've always wanted to try playing in England. I believe I have good opportunities to play and continue my development in Charlton
  • Vetokele: This is a good opportunity for me, even though it is not an easy decision.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!