Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• John Chapman‏@BelgoFoot·11m

If true, good news - played for Peeters at Cercle.

There's the connection then!
  • Ex-Genk, Cercle Bruges and Belgian Youth teams.

I guess he is "one of Bob's". Perhaps he'll turn out to be another Benteke or Lukaku. Or, not. We'll see, hopefully.

Isn't Bolanos at Kobenhaven, too?
  • Peeters was Vetokele's coach for Cercle Brugge in and around 2011/12.
  • Ex-Genk, Cercle Bruges and Belgian Youth teams.

I guess he is "one of Bob's". Perhaps he'll turn out to be another Benteke or Lukaku. Or, not. We'll see, hopefully.

Isn't Bolanos at Kobenhaven, too?

As well as Stephan Andersen and Rurik Gislason.
  • Charlton have agreed a fee with F. C. Copenhagen for the transfer of Igor Vetokele, subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical

Iain Liddle reports

Charlton have agreed a fee with F. C. Copenhagen for the transfer of Igor Vetokele, subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

The Angola international striker, who has played in the Champions League for his current club, will now fly over to England later this week to have talks and undergo a physical examination.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140617-charlton-agree-fee-for-igor-vetokele-1647330.aspx#s0b2JQQos4RQ41rB.99
  • Wonder if a lot of new signings will be revealed soon
  • So, the good news is that we're signing a striker. The bad news is... Blankety Blank
  • edited June 2014
    the club actually announcing that we have agreed a deal for igor pretty much proves there was nothing really in the COG situation as his was not announced to the fans
  • Dont like him ... ears to big
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll put it out there - the new Lua Lua
  • edited June 2014
  • Turned down a new deal
  • Dizzle said:

Turned down a new deal

Who?

• He will be a free agent when his deal at the Valley expires at the end of the month.

Charlton want to keep him (MORRISON) but he has turned down a new deal - a situation that has led to a string of clubs taking a close interest.
  • from chatting to him at the sponsors dinner he said "stick a contract under my nose and I will sign it"

He really wanted to stay so either we have made a crap contract offer OR he has had a better offer and is offski
  • He will be signing a new deal soon. No inside knowledge just blind optimism.
  • Why would we announce a bid has been accepted?? bit weird that
  • Think that's just poor journalism tbh, especially after what Essex Al said
  • Sponsored links:

• We officially announced nothing for O'Grady. I suspect this is pretty much a done deal and that he has been sounded out over wages before the announcement was made.
  • Let's hope he's not another Piotr and is actually good enough for the first team. If he's worked with Bob before there hopefully he will be.
  • No mention of development squad like the club did for Zac. I suspect that Peeters believes that Igor can be first eleven straight away.
  • No mention of development squad like the club did for Zac. I suspect that Peeters believes that Igor can be first eleven straight away.

At 22 he's too old for the Development Squad anyway... I know you can have three over age players in the matchday squads but would be a waste
  • I'm sure Vetokele is not meant for the development squad or anything like that. He's a different calibre player, I think he's expected to contribute right away
  • edited June 2014
    Dansk_Red said:

A number of Championship clubs are tracking Leyton Orient forward David Mooney. The likes of Mooney's former club Reading and Ipswich are thought to be keeping tabs on the Irishman, who scored 21 goals for Orient last season.

Simon Church was at Reading from 2007 to 2013, Mooney was released after being there during that period and going out on loan to several clubs including ourselves from 2008 to 2011. Doesn't say much for Mooney although fair play to him for his goal scoring feats in the third tier last season. I'd be surprised if he could hack it at Championship level, Simon Church couldn't last season :-(
  • Essex_Al said:

Charlton have agreed a fee with F. C. Copenhagen for the transfer of Igor Vetokele, subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical

Iain Liddle reports

Charlton have agreed a fee with F. C. Copenhagen for the transfer of Igor Vetokele, subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

The Angola international striker, who has played in the Champions League for his current club, will now fly over to England later this week to have talks and undergo a physical examination.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140617-charlton-agree-fee-for-igor-vetokele-1647330.aspx#s0b2JQQos4RQ41rB.99

Probably come over at the end of the week, sign on and then sort out accommodation over the weekend, so ready for training on Monday.
  • Essex_Al said:
    belgians speak fantastic english. Apparently its because all their tv shows are english/american shows with subtitles, so they pick it up.
  • ross1 said:

Essex_Al said:

Charlton have agreed a fee with F. C. Copenhagen for the transfer of Igor Vetokele, subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical

Iain Liddle reports

Probably come over at the end of the week, sign on and then sort out accommodation over the weekend, so ready for training on Monday.
    He'll be in Jose's old room at the Marriott, Bexleyheath...

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!