Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Other players I would take back at this stage:

Yann
    Stephens
    Hamer
    Poyet
    Dervite

Would be quite a decent team added to what we have left

So the same team we almost got relegated with?

Think people overrate our players a little. Admittedly I'd prefer them to the squad we have currently...
    They were our best players though.
  • cfgs said:

I actually thought Stewarthad pace and scored some spectacular goals but lacked any qualities required of a decent winger,his crossing was abysmal.

Passed the "can't cross to save his life" test, like everyone else lately.
  • Can we have some rumours please.
  • _MrDick said:

Stewart was coming into some good form just at the time when his loan was coming to an end. Scored some cracking goals and because of this, that's the reason Leeds picked him up, IMO. I would have him back as he'd be a useful addition to the squad.

I didn't rate him at all. Was surprised Leeds came in for him.

• vffvff
    edited June 2014

Other players I would take back at this stage:

Yann
    Stephens
    Hamer
    Poyet
    Dervite

Think people overrate our players a little. Admittedly I'd prefer them to the squad we have currently...
    @ValleyGary . When I mentioned about Yann and our best players being blamed for Charlton being in relegation difficulty rather than looking at the weaknesses in the team (on the Chris O'Grady thread), this is the typical of that kind of comment.

Total red herring. If there are weaknesses in the team, it is not best managed by removing the strongest players in the team. Address the weaknesses.
  • markmc68 said:

Can we have some rumours please.

• ross1 said:

I am not ITK, but I have heard that sometime, hopefully soon, someone will post a rumour on here. I have also heard that others will put their thoughts on the correct thread, but I suppose I will have to keep reading a lot of information, to try and get the bits I am interested in on the correct thread.

Source?
  • Must say I am not impressed by this rumour thread so far...

Either players with strange names from RD's supposed evil empire or "meh!" Championship players who still think they should be on £10,000+ a week for the privilege of playing the greatest game ever invented.

Being Charlton I am of course prepared at all times to be underwhelmed and cheesed off but come on, let's have some decent rumours!!!!!!!
  • Time for a new rumours thread?
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard we're looking at getting a striker on loan from Standard Liege
  • vff said:

Other players I would take back at this stage:

Yann
    Stephens
    Hamer
    Poyet
    Dervite

@ValleyGary . When I mentioned about Yann and our best players being blamed for Charlton being in relegation difficulty rather than looking at the weaknesses in the team (on the Chris O'Grady thread), this is the typical of that kind of comment.

Total red herring. If there are weaknesses in the team, it is not best managed by removing the strongest players in the team. Address the weaknesses.
    I was taking exception to the 'decent team' aspect.

I'd have them all back in a heartbeat, but we'd need far more transfers on top.
  • Heard we're looking at getting a striker on loan from Standard Liege

Is he "sh#t hot"?
  • I heard we are looking at Stan Dardliege the no nonsense tackling midfielder from popular comic strip Striker
  • Apparently we are looking To bring darren bent back
  • Nikola Zigic is a done deal apparently..................

Done deal where?
  • Heard from a mate who's sister is going out with Darren Ambrose that we're getting him back

The Birmingham donkey?
    Well at least it means he won't be able to score a last minute equaliser against us.
  • Zigic was on £50,000 a week. Probably has gone down as one of the worst signings in premier league history.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was zigic's wages that were the big deal not the player

If you got him for under 10k per week he would be worth a punt
  • Not heard anything about signing him

Would be fairly gutted if we did ... Stealing a living
  • Scored 7 league goals last season. Probably better than what we got? If we can get him on low wages I wouldn't be to sad
  • markmc68 said:

Can we have some rumours please.

And I thought the red shorts were bad enough.
  • Jimmy stone is at the training ground today .. wonder why ??
  • Who is Jimmy Stone?
  • edited June 2014
    dickplumb said:

Who is Jimmy Stone?

@dickplumb
    Jimmy Stone (JimmyStone_) on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/JimmyStone_
    The latest from Jimmy Stone (@JimmyStone_). Fan Engagement and Content Manager at Charlton Athletic Football Club. Views are my own | @CAFCOfficial ...
  • Sky news person aint he?
  • edited June 2014
    FRESH NEWS ON O'GRADY: He has lowered his demands for weekly wage to more reasonable amount, CAFC not the only club to refuse to fund such silly wages,

Ball is now in our court - Deal is not dead as of yet .. but definitely still no where near completion
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!