Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Has anyone got a link from Sky about Saunders yet?

• Would rather Dean Saunders coming out of retirement.
  • Oggy Red said:

Ayling is a good player but we don't need him so I don't believe it tbh.

Ayling? ......... No man is an island.

Except Fred Madagascar.
  • Just realised why there is a shortage of rumours. The RD netork is in Brazil scouting potential players who may have an interest in SE London...
  • Just asked Saunders and he laughed and said it's news to him
  • He is better than Danny green aswell
  • Saunders wasn't a regular starter for Bees in L1.
  • Saunders wasn't a regular starter for Bees in L1.

He was injured for a while I think.
  • Have heard that Bob Peeters will be bringing in most of the signings from Belgian. First signing could be a winger from Carl Zeiss Jena.
  • Sponsored links:

• From a Brentford prospective :

You're meant to be in for our Sam Saunders, terrific player, incredibly talented and hard working, 30 now but his fitness is better than it was a few years ago, brilliant at set plays and ball retention, can play wide and in the middle. Won player of the month in L1 for January before getting injured and had been absolutely sensation, scored or set one up at least once a game it seemed.

However, he is 30, never played in the championship before and has had injury issues. If you get him you'll either get a brilliant bargain or will have paid for absolutely nothing. Worth a punt maybe but Dean Cox would be a better bet IMHO.

• edited June 2014
    dickplumb said:

Have heard that Bob Peeters Roland Duchatelet will be bringing in most of the signings from Belgium. First signing could be a winger reject from Carl Zeiss Jena.

Corrected it for you ;-)
  • dickplumb said:

Have heard that Bob Peeters Roland Duchatelet will be bringing in most of the signings from Belgium. First signing could be a winger reject from Carl Zeiss Jena.

Corrected it for you ;-)
    Oy don't correct my postings.
  • Cant see us going in for Sam Saunders
  • It was the Jewish oy.
  • dickplumb said:

Have heard that Bob Peeters will be bringing in most of the signings from Belgian. First signing could be a winger from Carl Zeiss Jena.

Carl Zeiss Jena is in Germany !

• Read it again it said MOST of the signings. I am well aware that it is in Germany.
  • edited June 2014
    dickplumb said:

Read it again it said MOST of the signings. I am well aware that it is in Germany.

This thread seems to be turning into a into a 'let's nitpick Dick' :-0
  • edited June 2014
    so this Saunders guy has never played in the championship ? and we are looking for people "who know the championship"---------well lets hope this one ends up on the huge reject pile that forms closed season rumours
  • Sponsored links:

• so this Saunders guy has never played in the championship ? and we are looking for people "who know the championship"---------well lets hope this one ends up on the huge reject pile that forms closed season rumours

If he's good enough, then so what? Look our League One title winning squad.
  • if Roland signs a 30 year old injury prone winger from Brentford i will get a t shirt saying "i was going to get a tattoo of 'I can't believe Roland has signed a 30 year old winger from Brentford' but bottled it and this seemed like the next best thing"
  • so this Saunders guy has never played in the championship ? and we are looking for people "who know the championship"---------well lets hope this one ends up on the huge reject pile that forms closed season rumours

And look how well they did in the Championship - not very.
  • thenewbie said:

so this Saunders guy has never played in the championship ? and we are looking for people "who know the championship"---------well lets hope this one ends up on the huge reject pile that forms closed season rumours

Oh do me a favour. 9th in The Championship in their first season up isn't good enough for you?

• in an above thread this guy has never played in the Championship --so has he or not ? how the f__k would ANYONE KNOW if he is good enough at this level or not ? it has been stated by the club we WILL sign players that can perform at the Championship level-----this guy never has so its a gamble at best.
  • This rumour thread is descending into farce now!

oh hold on...
  • thenewbie said:

Oh do me a favour. 9th in The Championship in their first season up isn't good enough for you?
    No. We had maybe 2 months of good form in that season, 80% of the time we were far closer to the bottom than the top. Those were almost exactly the same players who very nearly got relegated last season, for a reason. Powell got good results out of players who are NOT and will never be promotion challengers without reinforcements.
  • I don't think the Saunders 'rumour' has any substance to it, pretty sure it was just got off one of those websites where people just write who they would like us to buy and we've run with it. The only real reliable source for any rumours for us is that Richard Cawley I think
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!