Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Can't see us going for Baldock.
  • vffvff
    edited June 2014

@BeNeFoot: Standard Liège wideman Frédéric Bulot is not keen on a move to Charlton after Thuram's experience but his agent is. #cafc #rscl (Sudinfo)

Standard Liege players need to be advised of the good standard and intensity of the Championship. Maybe they are not keen on tackling or the more physical side of the English game. Or having to train harder. Not tough enough ?

If Bulot is dim enough to listen to Thuram's experience and not take account that Thuram has a massive over estimation of his abilities as a goalkeeper then he ain't very bright. Thuram should be taking a good luck at himself as a person / player and stop blaming other people. Those that are advising the potential Liege players need to advise that they have to play well to keep their place just as in any team. There ain't no free passes. Bob Peeters are looking for players of good attitude and prepared for the task. If they don't then well they ain't welcome. If they are prepared to fight for the place, work hard and prove themselves, then they will find Charlton supporters will be very welcoming.
  • If he isn't keen sod the agent, don't want him.
  • If O'Grady was asking 12k pw then we were right to mug him off, most seem to agree. There is nothing to say that Hamer and Dervite were not asking for close to that and if so we were right to wave au revoir to them too.
  • I can't be the only one who thinks that 12k for a championship player isn't that much? Considering how much prem players earn
  • But when you add win % bonus goal bonus it adds up to a fair amount

12k for the right player is not much but for cog far too much

• plus appearance bonuses, goal bonuses and loyalty bonuses, wage rises, promotion bonuses etc. It adds up to a lot.
  • Would make him our highest paid player. Give it to him and Poyet, Morrison, Solly etc would want the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• I will start. I have heard, from a fairly unreliable source, that Jose Riga will not be with us in any capacity next season.

The first rumour on the rumour page actually turning out to be bang on the money! That's got to be a first!

I should add that the same unreliable source claims a deal for Baldock is warm. Personal terms shouldn't be a problem as his bags were packed and he was valley bound before Cash pulled the rug.
  • I will start. I have heard, from a fairly unreliable source, that Jose Riga will not be with us in any capacity next season.

The first rumour on the rumour page actually turning out to be bang on the money! That's got to be a first!

I should add that the same unreliable source claims a deal for Baldock is warm. Personal terms shouldn't be a problem as his bags were packed and he was valley bound before Cash pulled the rug.
    I thought the Baldock rumour came from the Football Rumours site. Is there actually some substance then?!
  • CBB mentioned it earlier an he's quite well connected too
  • CBB mentioned it earlier an he's quite well connected too

Would be a cracking signing.
    Also add Luke Freeman on a free transfer.
  • Let's hope Roland offers him more than minimum wage then.
  • Proofs in the puddings in the actual signings, Baldock is along the right lines and could be a shrewd signing, but something seems to be putting our targets off, latest reason is money..
  • I can't be the only one who thinks that 12k for a championship player isn't that much? Considering how much prem players earn

Really, so you reckon a club turning over, what, £12M pa should pay 5% of that on a 28 year old journeyman striker who has just had the best career of his life, which was 11 goals from open play! Thank god you have nothing to do with the finances of CAFC. Is your family name Ridsdale?

How much PL players get paid is utterly irrelevant unless you are in the PL yourself.
  • Valley11 said:

CBB mentioned it earlier an he's quite well connected too

Would be a cracking signing.
    Also add Luke Freeman on a free transfer.
    luke freeman would be quality, but stevenage triggered a 12 month extension clause in his contract so he wouldnt come free.

Look at it this way 12k a week is equal to about 30 people buying season tickets every week!
  • Sponsored links:

• How much do you reckon Baldock is on, I would have thought he is on 12k at least
  • Would love Baldock, but I can't see us going for him
  • City need him off their wage bill.
  • another goalscoring magician slips through the net....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27649598
  • edited June 2014

Would love Baldock, but I can't see us going for him

Why not? Because he doesn't play in Belgium?

He's the sort of English based player I could see us going for. Only has a year left on his contract, has Championship experience but is playing in League 1.
  • Roland might be willing to offer baldock more as he's more proven than O'Grady. Think he scored more than ten goals every season?
  • Roland might be willing to offer baldock more as he's more proven than O'Grady. Think he scored more than ten goals every season?

Yeah, I don't think RD is opposed to spending money AT ALL, it is doing so prudently and efficiently. It seems relatively likely that Baldock and O'Grady were both targets simultaneously, not option A) then B) - but if you are going to spend a (relatively) large amount it will be on the one who has scored goals pretty consistently instead of having one good season thus far. Of course if Baldock does sign up that would leave us with him, Church, Reza and Ansah Jr. as strikers - not very physically intimidating.
  • Yeah will be very lightweight. Hopefully we can bring in a target man who can hold up play of some sort. I can't really think of many that would be available though?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!