Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• For some reason I thought he was a centre back. Shows how little I know about him

Thought he was too. 6 ft 1 fits the bill as being bigger enough to play there.
  • Ayling played the whole seasons at RB for Yeovil I believe. Their CB pairing was usually Byron Webster and Jamie McAllister.
  • Would be cover for solly then with Wilson as regular RM?
  • If we play a higher line that Bob reportedly favours, we can get away with a 6'1" CH. Lennon is good in the air and Fox and Cousins plus our yet to be announced big target man. Pope's strength is dealing with high balls.
  • Would be cover for solly then with Wilson as regular RM?

Probably well needed cover too given Sollys underlying problems (same as Richard Rufus') if we are to utilise Wilson in midfield, good in defence but is a good combo - Solly won't be able to do 2 games a week once it gets going though - not consistently anyway
  • guy at work has close millwall connections says holloway has already had face to face talks with ayling all depends how much fa cup money they have left after there big spend up last summer.
  • guy at work has close millwall connections says holloway has already had face to face talks with ayling all depends how much fa cup money they have left after there big spend up last summer.

They are getting Byron Webster off Yeovil according to reports.Apparently both Ayling and him are out of contract.

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Byron-Webster-Millwall-set-win-race-Yeovil-Town-s/story-21193524-detail/story.html

• Beginning to think we are waiting for Liege to finish their squad and then we'll be loaned the left overs

What have they done so far - and are their any likely candidates as a result? If RD is being true to his own theories I'm sure that is where he will look first for new recruits. We might also see our development players who are not ready for the Championship being loaned out to other franchise clubs rather than Conference/L2/L1 clubs.

• Millwall's signings didn't exactly work out for them last summer. I've also seen Ayling linked with Ipswich.
  • Sponsored links:

• John Sullivan has just left Pompey by 'mutual consent'. Whilst I am not suggesting him as an option myself he does have close links with Ben Roberts and the club.
  • Richard J said:

John Sullivan has just left Pompey by 'mutual consent'. Whilst I am not suggesting him as an option myself he does have close links with Ben Roberts and the club.

He would be useful to have around, he seemed to like being at Charlton, and our only other options are very young and untested at Championship level. Much rather have John back than Thuram!

• Lovely lovely bloke but not needed here, not good enough even as back-up I'm afraid. And no need for a trainer to our keeper(s) as Ben Roberts does a fine job
  • Much rather have John back than Thuram!

that's a pretty low hurdle level
  • lovely lad and good, solid lower league pro keeper. Not champ standard though sully
  • Top lad Sully but far too panicky yo be a decent keeper in my estimation.
  • I'm a bit surprised reading that people want Sullivan back.. a guy who couldn't make it at a league two club and was loaned to Cambridge. I'm sure he's a nice guy but one of the worst keepers we've had at Charlton in a while

Obviously none of you saw him against Preston away in league one? Horrendous
  • Sponsored links:

• TravHouse said:

I'm a bit surprised reading that people want Sullivan back.. a guy who couldn't make it at a league two club and was loaned to Cambridge. I'm sure he's a nice guy but one of the worst keepers we've had at Charlton in a while

Obviously none of you saw him against Preston away in league one? Horrendous

Exactly ... that free kick at the end ....
  • edited June 2014
    Heard today we have put in a offer for Sam baldock but was rejected .. We have made another offer which we are awaiting a reply from

Also heard O'Grady wanted £12,000 per week plus add ons but we only offered £5,000
  • Hmmm just a bit out on his expectations.

Millwall fan I know told me that DJ Campbell is on £16000 a week but they only pay a percentage of that.
  • Heard today we have put in a offer for Sam baldock but was rejected .. We have made another offer which we are awaiting a reply from

Also heard O'Grady wanted £12,000 per week plus add ons but we only offered £5,000

Baldock would be an exciting signing. A proper striker. Did well at champ level and was voted City's player of season.

• 12k pw for him? Club done the right thing, move on there is simular for smaller wages
  • @BeNeFoot: Standard Liège wideman Frédéric Bulot is not keen on a move to Charlton after Thuram's experience but his agent is. #cafc #rscl (Sudinfo)

That could be Thuram's final parting gift to us; putting off any potential decent loanees by claiming he was mistreated and hiding any video evidence of his peformances
  • Would like Baldock still providing we get a decent target man to play alongside him and a creative midfielder to supply him. Still think Stevie May would be a realistic option for us. A good young player with sell on value who's available relatively cheap, must be appealing for RD surely.
  • The players being targeted are far from the "never heard of" Belgians some were suggesting we would only sign. Early days yet I agree but sensible targets nonetheless.
  • Heard today we have put in a offer for Sam baldock but was rejected .. We have made another offer which we are awaiting a reply from

£12,000 pw for a so-so Championship striker? What planet is he on?
  • If O'Grady can get £12k, good luck to him ......... he's in the game to earn a living.
    Same as any job.

Like others have posted, there'll be better players happy with what we're offering.
    We just need to find them lol

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!