Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Defensive midfielder, never heard of him and won't judge until I've seen him play.

Does anyone know if he played a lot last season?
  • edited June 2014
    http://uk.soccerway.com/players/yoni-buyens/13305/

Started 16 times for standard this season. Season before that he started 40 times
  • I asked what sort of player he is

@BeNeFoot: @Sam_J_Green @ladh Hard working midfielder, good shooting technique.
  • sasquatch said:

Google translate from Greenie Juniors link :-)

Not used last season, he was part of the long list of Median sedges on departure
    Ibrahima Cisse, transferred to Malines, will not only leave the median Standard this summer. Far from it!

Alpaslan Ozturk, who finished the season on loan at Kasimpasa is supposed to return because the Turkish club has not exercised the option, but not in the plans of Guy Luzon. He can go to Charlton, but his desire is to still play a year in Belgium before returning to Turkey. There are more chances to see Yoni Buyens join Charlton. After three seasons spent in Belgium, William Winner should leave Standard. There is interest in Italy and England in particular ...

What about Paul-José Mpoku? The Imp has recently extended his contract and remain assured that the Standard next season. But the direct non-qualification for the Champions League could change that. Especially since German and Italian clubs (Naples) are interested. And that the new contract includes a clause Mpoku out if a club puts € 3.9 million (there is also a percentage resale) on the table and find an agreement with the player, the case is made. If this scenario does not want management to happen, the Standard would still adorned on the sides with Mehdi Carcela Geoffrey Mujangi Bia and Adrien Trebel. The last reinforcement sedge is left-handed and can play on the side, even if its place of choice is in the axis.

In attack, the Standard is also preparing to lose Batshuayi. Among the tracks listed to replace the name of Vetokele was quoted. But Copenhagen is hoping for a big transfer fee and there is little chance that the attacker landed at Sclessin.

Opare Puerto agent against attack

Daniel Opare, who came out of contract at Standard, has indeed signed at Oporto. His agent had said that neither he nor the defense had not had any contact with the club Defour and Mangala. But it now appears that he has doubled.

"Daniel was signed in Oporto us without warning, without our help" , says Samuel Okoronkwo Jr, Daniel Opare himself had informed us. "Apparently Porto was contacted to conclude an agreement. We can not tolerate these practices . We will inform FIFA and we will attack Daniel Porto and anyone who would have helped in this deal for financial compensation. "
    I reckon we should go for the one and only
    WILLIAM WINNER.......what a name....sign him up sign him up sign him up!!!
    He might be related to Gary Goals!
  • Beginning to think we are waiting for Liege to finish their squad and then we'll be loaned the left overs

Roland must be reading CL!

Welcome Yoni if it turns out to be true.

• Sounds like a Semedo type from Roland's Byl's description.

Panic Alert still rated as "imminent" for me...
  • We still need a couple of creative midfielders. No good having all these defensive midfielders doing the dirty work if there's no-one to get the ball up the pitch. Hopefully there will be one in the next rumour
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll judge him on how he good he is for us. Don't care how he may have played in a poor Belgian league previously.
  • I think we'll announce someone when the new shirt comes out later this week
  • I think we'll announce someone when the new shirt comes out later this week

Be interesting to see who is modelling it... Last year it was our main signing Mark Gower and Youth captain: Bradley Jordan

Maybe this is why weve not heard about Diego Poyet and his Contract... news of a new deal released when he his showing the new kit (Either that or it'll be Cousins and Gomez our two England players from the summer)
  • Thanks BYL, nice to get some well-informed input.
  • byl said:

Yann897 said:

@BeNeFoot: Belgian midfielder Yoni Buyens moves from Standard Liège to Bob Peeters’ Charlton Athletic. (via @ladh) #rscl #cafc

Hes a good player happy if this is true , one of there main players centre mid .
    Found 2 belgian websites having this news as well, though not very reliable ones. but could be Buyens be would move to charlton, i think he definately has the level of playing in the championship. Way better then the players you got in januari, and used to be always a regular at all his clubs, except this season, where he still was used quite alot by standard coach Luzon but wasn't a certain starter anymore as he has been before. Since Luzon is staying he might want to move to another club.

I'l not going to comment on Yoni buyens except this: he is a youth product of my club Lierse SK, he played there from when he was 11 till he was 20, last two seasons as a regular in the first team, he refused to sign a contract extension to sign with KV Mechelen. Would be like a CAFC youth product signing for free at Millwall. So he is not really "loved" anymore at the club i support :)

Buyens is a typical central midfielder, very good defensively, excellent workrate, physical team player, good stamina, fighting spirit and tackle, goes forward from time to time with a decent shot at goal as well. He lacks some creativity though, he's not supergood in technical skills and he could do better taking initiave sometimes. He is basicly the kind of central midfielder that does the dirty jobs for the more creative players around him.

some stats
    born 1988 (age 26)
    pos: defensive CM

3 seasons Lierse SK (+7 youth) 2006/09
    2 seasons KV mechelen 2009/11
    3 seasons Standard de Liège 2011/14

299 appearances in first team, 21 goals, 10 assists, 52 bookings, 2 sending offs
    17 appearances in european cups

used to be a belgian youth international under 21

Thanks byl.

• tell me about the welsh league.......
  • i was joking btw byl. you crack on
  • byl said:

I'll judge him on how he good he is for us. Don't care how he may have played in a poor Belgian league previously.

poor belgian league - talking about sweeping statements - how many games of belgian teams have you actually seen? i follow belgian dutch, english, german french spanish and italian football - if we talk about poor leagues look at wales, ireland, scotland - belgian league is decent enough as shown by uefa rankings
    based on belgian club performances in european cups last 5 years

i would say the belgian league is around the level of the dutch league nowadays - it is amongst the 10 strongest european leagues;

i remember standard de liege playing both Liverpool and everton a few years ago in the european cups. They lost to liverpool in CL qualification after extra times (goal in minute 118) and with a missed penalty, and they knocked out everton that season. But of course that was against some poor english clubs from a league way worse than the championship...
    Take no notice of Red Robin who does not know his arse from his elbow
  • Sponsored links:

• byl said:

I'll judge him on how he good he is for us. Don't care how he may have played in a poor Belgian league previously.

poor belgian league - talking about sweeping statements - how many games of belgian teams have you actually seen? i follow belgian dutch, english, german french spanish and italian football - if we talk about poor leagues look at wales, ireland, scotland - belgian league is decent enough as shown by uefa rankings
    based on belgian club performances in european cups last 5 years

i would say the belgian league is around the level of the dutch league nowadays - it is amongst the 10 strongest european leagues;

i remember standard de liege playing both Liverpool and everton a few years ago in the european cups. They lost to liverpool in CL qualification after extra times (goal in minute 118) and with a missed penalty, and they knocked out everton that season. But of course that was against some poor english clubs from a league way worse than the championship...
    Take no notice of Red Robin who does not know his arse from his elbow
    Take notice of Scabby though because he is an expert on Belgian football.
    Well i know a little bit
  • edited June 2014
    dickplumb said:

Thanks byl, keep posting. As you have said, nobody can comment on the strengths and weaknesses of the Belgian league without having watched it regularly. Typical English insular attitude.

I agree with that .byl gives us an interesting perspective on potential Belgian players and i value his view that Buyens is of a better quality than last year's imports.

However, the Championship and indeed I would argue the top half of League One are of a better quality than the lower leagues in Belgium France etc partly because our clubs pay better . This is why for example Orient's play off squad had a couple of French players in it . England is unique in the fact that the lower divisions attract reasonably big crowds . French Ligue 2 would not attract 10,000 gates.
  • Football, a sport which has been played in Belgium since the end of the 19th
    century and its the country's favourite sport.

Fascinating insight.
    That made me laugh because you got two LOL for it?

Fascinating insight.
    That made me laugh because you got two LOL for it?
    Point being?
  • " typical english insular behaviour" what utter fucking cock-----where are all the Gaurdianistas on this racist bollox ?
  • THIS IS THE RUMOURS THREAD! ... Sorry about that you carry one
  • edited June 2014

" typical english insular behaviour" what utter fucking cock-----where are all the Gaurdianistas on this racist bollox ?

groniadistas purlease.

Whats typical English attitude? Idiosyncrasy. So down with that typical stereotype

No need to call a dick a cock though

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!