Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• AA ??????????????? FFS the guy will need oxygen just to sign his name.

I have to admit i like the player and think he has a lot of skill which is what we need, however his ability to play full 90 minutes and his overall stamina for someone who is only 24 is shocking. If he could get his stamina up i think he would be an awesome signing. But after half a season with us he was still lagging.
  • cafc-west said:

Waasland-Beveren werd donderdagavond per e-mail op de hoogte gebracht van de contractverbreking van zijn hoofdtrainer Bob Peeters. Dat zal tevens per aangetekend schrijven bevestigd worden. Het clubbestuur zal zich nu spoedig beraden over de te zetten stappen.

"Waasland-Beveren Thursday was notified by email of the termination of his contract head coach Bob Peeters. That will also be confirmed by registered letter. The club board will soon be discussing the steps."

Courtesy Google Translate - but where did the statement come from? Look a done deal though.

That was from the club he's just shafted's twitter page.

• A real rumour (shock horror) from Twitter: Ipswich & Charlton are battling it out to sign out-of-contract Hull midfielder Robert Koren. #itfc #cafc #hcafc
  • De Camargo sounds like it could have weight to it, Bob Peeters likes a commanding forward with a presence in the air. Waasland-Beveren facts.
  • PopIcon said:

De Camargo sounds like it could have weight to it, Bob Peeters likes a commanding forward with a presence in the air. Waasland-Beveren facts.

Yeah if true it's a good thing as he's a better standerd than what we have been loaned so far which hopefully proves he's realised how strong the championship is.
  • @TransferNewsCen: 22-year old Ghana defender Daniel Opare has joined Portuguese giants FC Porto on a free transfer from Standard Liege.
    -A
  • De Camargo is 31. Only a year younger than Yann.

De Camargo turned 31 just eleven days ago, whereas Yann's 33rd birthday is in November so a bit closer to two years younger. Still, I do agree that he's not a spring chicken.

Below is a little bit of YouTube scouting I did earlier, it includes a soundtrack perfect for Friday mornings pre-9am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT8UdBB8Bsc
    You've gotta be on some serious stuff to enjoy that tune I swear.....
  • I'll probably be told that I'm posting too much but oh well, let's hope this one isn't true

@Transfer_News24: Brighton & Watford are interested in Charlton goalkeeper Nick Pope. #bhafc #watfordfc #cafc
  • They might be interested but I don't see why we would sell him. Won't be on a big wage, 2 years left on his contract and can potentially step up to the Championship next season.
  • If anyone seriously thinks a player would put on t
    Yann897 said:

@TransferNewsCen: 22-year old Ghana defender Daniel Opare has joined Portuguese giants FC Porto on a free transfer from Standard Liege.
    -A

Roly will not be happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

They might be interested but I don't see why we would sell him. Won't be on a big wage, 2 years left on his contract and can potentially step up to the Championship next season.

I don't see why we are doing a lot of things lately. Hope this rumour goes away, would like to see him given a chance.
  • I'd Love Robert Koren, again though, seems to old to fit Roland's plans.
  • Did Roland not say he was surprised at the standard of the Championship?

If we get any players from Standard Liege, they will be much better than the ones we got in January.

AA would be a great signing. He's a very skillful midfielder with fitness issues. A pre-season with us would sort that.

I know he trained with us for a few months, but the players wouldn't have been doing much fitness work in training - especially with the amount of games we had!
  • @cally_messi: I have ultimate headloss right now
  • J BLOCK said:

@cally_messi: I have ultimate headloss right now

Shit, whatever Roland has is spreading!
  • veerbeek... was awsome in dawsons creek.
  • J BLOCK said:

He's probably lost he's keys and you've put it on the rumours thread lol .
  • Yann897 said:

J BLOCK said:

Um. Sounds sort of ominous to me. Has he a big decision to make ?

• Yann897 said:

J BLOCK said:

Rumour has it, he found his keys... I await his next tweet
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:

J BLOCK said:

Um. Sounds sort of ominous to me. Has he a big decision to make ?

Well if we got a decent fee for three good games then that's fine but I personally don't think it's got anything to do with Cafc .
  • edited May 2014

Did Roland not say he was surprised at the standard of the Championship?

I think you'll find it was Riga who said that - just before he got the bullet.....

• edited May 2014

the guy was with us 3 months !!! he has issues are we sure its fitness ?

I've no direct info - but I've always suspected that he may enjoy an 'active social life'......perhaps 'Big Bob' can sort him.....?

• Swansea have agreed a £7m deal with Standard Liege for striker Michy Batshuayi, but the 20-year-old is waiting to see if interest from Everton and Arsenal firms up.
  • Swansea have agreed a £7m deal with Standard Liege for striker Michy Batshuayi, but the 20-year-old is waiting to see if interest from Everton and Arsenal firms up.

More like he's waiting to see if Roland is willing to do a swap with Simon Church

Church plus £5m and it's a deal
  • PL54 said:

We're going up
    Charlton's going up

Up shit creek?
    Up the OXO!
  • What's happened to Ajdarevic, De Carmago and Verbeek ?
  • What's happened to Ajdarevic, De Carmago and Verbeek ?

Calli messi went to Birmingham to pick them up but got lost.

• bylbyl
    edited May 2014
    Pavo said:

De Camargo is a target man with fantastic heading ability (a younger Yann maybe). We would need a couple of decent wingers to make the most of his strongest attribute. If we do get de Camargo, it'll be a step in the right direction. Know nothing of Verbeek.

Verbeek? never heard of him :( . Igor De Camargo is class.

from 2006 -2012 he was good for 1 goal every 4 games in Belgium and in the Bundesliga. he is not a typical deep striker, but somewhat between striker / attacking midfielder / champions league experience , Bundesliga experience, belgian national team experience. Tremendous work-rate on pitch, strong in the air, good vista, excellent team player who lets other around him play better as well..

I think if he goes to charlton, and can stay injury free and close to his best level, you will have a great player.
    Only downside: he might be getting a little old (31) and suffered some injuries, mainly last 2 seasons. if he would have stayed fit/injury free he would definately have gone to brazil for the belgian national team.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!