Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Oooooh pick me pick me!!! Please sir, pick me!!
  • +104 Guests.
  • And 1 phantom user.
  • Any chance of the rumours thread being the rumours thread

My fault, look what I started!
  • I had a phantom poo once
  • Plaaayer said:

I didn't think it was a list, more of a tome.

You should see the people who've put their names on the waiting list.

lots of selfish, greedy people keeping trying to jump the queue but I ignore PL54, Addickted and Chirpy now
    Cock
  • Any chance of the rumours thread being the rumours thread

I honestly forgot I was on the rumours thread until I read this.

As you've been told 7 July 10.30 to 12.00 Is the Atlantic a greater ocean that the Pacific?
  • So let me get this straight we've got 2 pages of sh*t about a little tiff between the girls and then a kissy kissy make up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw 25 new posts on this thread and thought something exciting mustve happened,oh well....

As you've been told 7 July 10.30 to 12.00 Is the Atlantic a greater ocean that the Pacific?
    Shut it Henry. :-)

Am I doing it right......?
  • I'm feeling very positive about us having a rumour soon. Come on everyone, get behind this thread!
  • mrbligh said:

I'm feeling very positive about us having a rumour soon. Come on everyone, get behind this thread!

Just spoken to my sources. The Jason Scotland deal has hit a few bumps in the road but is still expected to go through by the end of the week.

Shut it Henry. :-)

Am I doing it right......?

Please read your introductory notes and stop posting on the rumours thread. Please. : - )
  • Di Canio as manager!!!
  • edited May 2014
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27491554

Knew Assombalonga was an unrealistic target.

Further down though, Bobby Olejnik transfer listed. Worth a contract as Pope's "experienced" back-up?
  • edited May 2014
    Britt Assombalonga is the sort of player we should be looking at.

He'd be a couple million but one good season in the Championship and we would double our money on him.

Just look at what Burnley did with Charlie Austin and Danny Ings - strikers from League One.

They sold Austin for £7 million and Ings got them into the Premiership (and he's valued at £10 million!).
  • £5m for a League One Player!!...

As I said the other day.. Peterborough are the one club (Probably in a good way) you dont want to do Business with as their prices are so inflated!!
  • Sponsored links:

• There is no way a League One club would refuse a £5 million offer for a player.
  • Talk is cheep Fry. Money will talk when an offer comes in.
  • I just think we should be looking at players like Assombalonga.

Young players performing well in League One who have a sell-on value.

Personally, I think Peterborough would sell for £2.5 million + add-ons and a % of future fee.

• Personally, I think Peterborough would sell for £2.5 million + add-ons and a % of future fee.

No offence mate, but is it not obvious to people that everything about RD's approach since his arrival is about reducing costs and tightening belts ?

We won't be paying £2.5m to Peterborough

• Personally, I think Peterborough would sell for £2.5 million + add-ons and a % of future fee.

No offence mate, but is it not obvious to people that everything about RD's approach since his arrival is about reducing costs and tightening belts ?

We won't be paying £2.5m to Peterborough

I agree, I don't think we will.

I just think it's a strategy we should be looking at. Just look how well Burnley did picking 2 strikers out of League One; Austin and Ings. They tripled their money on Austin and Ings (valued around £10 million) has got them into the Premiership.

Roland's approach should be trying to get us into the Premiership. It's the richest league in world football. Roland would multiply any investment he's made into the club if we got promoted into the Premiership.

I'm not asking him to throw money about like QPR or Leicester a few years ago, but some clever signings (like Assombalonga) would really propel us up the league into the mix.
  • Well there was some rumours we bid £1.5m for Gradal on the last day of the transfer window. Piotr also is rumoured to have cost £500k. Money seems to be there
  • I'd say finding Assombalonga's before they're worth millions is more RDs thing. Peterborough signed him from Watford for an undisclosed fee (though it was said to be a club record).
  • Surely it's not one or the other though is it. ? It's all about finding potential and adding value. You can do that by signing a player for 50k and selling for 500k or buying a player for 1 million and selling for 4 million.

I doubt well be spending huge amounts on players but I don't discount the odd 1 - 2 million player (Gradel) coming in to supplement scouted perceived bargains.
  • A genuine rumour... Dover centre back Sean Raggett (6 ft 5 by the way).

Not sure we'd sign him with Lennon, Gomez and Osborne coming through in the same position.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/380079/EXCLUSIVE-Liverpool-and-Everton-tracking-Dover-Athletic-non-league-star-Sean-Raggett
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!